Season III - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Sep 1, 2017.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Add me and Zachery, and be sure to have everyone else too.
    PaulCox likes this.
  2. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Just did my first ever race at 85% ai was fairly worried as usually running 58%...thought i was gona get smacked....pretty bloody stoked with second place over 11 laps at spa...bring on tonite
    JonoStan96 and nigegunz like this.
  3. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    LAst quick question i think...do we all run defult setup like in our qualifying lap or can we setup the car how we like
  4. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    If you look a couple posts up. @JonoStan96 always writes a drivers briefing for each round. In this contains a hot lap which most drivers use as their setup. Be best if you read the briefing just to understand how everything works. Setup video is below
  5. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Cheers buddy :) read the briefing which i didnt see any info saying whether we all use defult or custom setups....i didnt watch the last 20 seconds of the video tho that showed Jonos setup. so ill just take it as a yes i can run custome setup :)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    :):):):)in second lap in got punted from room saying the session no longer exists...i try rejoin the original invite 4 times all saying the session no longer exists...so i go out again and look at the friends list and everyone eles is still racing so i join again but will only let me as a spectator?....:):):):) of a start...hope yas had a good race, i didnt quit by anymeans.....just :):):):)in spuin gota wait a wkk to race again after 3 days of getting all that crap sorted
  7. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    :):):):) this game. Once again, have a spin, end up pointing the wrong direction, wait for the car behind (race leader) to pass to safely enter the track again and get black flagged for wrong direction. :):):):)ing angry right about now.
  8. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

that sux guys, hopefully it'l be dry for Monza next week. i was so far off the pace tonight in the wet after a decent quali lap, 5th feels like a podium
    PaulCox and JonoStan96 like this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Press square next time it should work :) Unlucky mate
    PaulCox likes this.
  10. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Surprisingly happy with a 4th place finish.
    Qualifying was basically non-existent as I crashed out on my first flying lap, lol here we go I thought to myself.
    However, looking at the weather knowing the race was going to be a wet one, I set the car up to be better in the rain and sacrifice time in the dry, which did not end up mattering anyway. I knew that if I got through the first few laps unscathed and made some overtakes, I could be on for a decent result.

The first lap was very sketchy as we tip-toed through. 4 overtakes put me up to 6th and an off from Highsenberg promoted me another spot.
    I caught and passed Nigel very comfortably (thanks mate) and chased a possible podium, which was never to be.
    I did get within 2.5 seconds of Motors, but a spin threw away any further chances.

See you next week gentleman
  11. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Here’s my Qualifying lap and few moments in the race :)
    razor4797 likes this.
  12. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I'll submit a quali lap asap but might as well start doing this full time
    razor4797 and Jurassic Mark like this.
  13. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

1:31.822 @JonoStan96 , still getting used to the interesting "physics" involved, this's all I've got at the moment:
    PaulCox and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Sweet as mate, that’ll be good for 1B.

Jump in tomorrow, there’s bound to be a spare car.
    PaulCox and natmanscoop like this.
  15. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

unfortunately im out tonite guys, had a big storm here that knocked out the nbn a few days ago & wont be online before tomoro at the earliest
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    DRIVERS BRIEFING R13 - Italian Grand Prix - 27 Laps
    Previous Winner: Jono
    [​IMG]

Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.

TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING: Passing is far more difficult with these new cars. You must set up your passes accordingly and not pass recklessly.

Monza is an ultra high speed track, with passing opportunities galore and 2 DRS zones.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

PRE-RACE: You must wait until a call to ready in the PS4 chat. This will be approximately 45 seconds after the F1 intro sequence, more than enough time to setup a race strategy. DO NOT hit X until the ready call is sent.

FORMATION LAP: This season will see the introduction of the formation lap to set the clutch bitepoint and to warm up tyres. Please avoid overtaking other cars and leave space.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your car and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning.

PIT STOPS: This season will introduce realistic pit stops. You must slow down to the indicated speed limit otherwise you will earn a stop and go penalty. You must also pull away from the pits using the clutch, and deactivate the pit limiter on the pit exit line.

BLUE FLAGS: Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty.

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS: We will be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works.

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

PENALTY POINTS: For this season you can only be awarded Penalty Points if you have been protested, severely infringe appropriate driving standards, fail to upload your pole position lap, make a track limit infringment on the lap, quit without retiring or spam the PS4 Group Chat.

GROUP CHAT: The chat will be used to convey vital information between sessions. Please do not spam the chat during a qualifying or race session unless it is to warn drivers regarding lag.

QUITTING: This is a huge problem in this game, remember in this series, a safety car will bring you back into the fight. As usual, if you need to leave, make sure you retire the car before leaving the lobby. Failure to do so will result in 3 penalty points against your name. It is also asked that you do not chuck a hissy fit and take out the brake markers. The rage quitting is becoming far too frequent recently and is heavily affecting the race results. In all ROOZ races you must aim to finish the race and/or not cause problems for those still racing. Please do not exit the race unless you absolutely need to.

RECORD YOUR RACE!: Please remember to record your footage via pre recording it or saving it after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspeective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on an incident.
    PaulCox likes this.
  17. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Watching TRL Limitless hot lap and setup and he almost made me cry when he pulled 1.21 flat...now your pulling 1.19......me thinks im gona get lapped a few times tonite since im in the low 1.25s and getting pumped by 85%AI....ill keep outa the way:)
  18. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I’ve been having a few internet dramas lately. Haven’t yet checked it’s working for tonight, but hopefully it’s alright.
  19. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Also, GopherGamer apparently booked a trip to Thailand for a week or so of Muay Thai training... Not sure he’s ever done any martial arts and literally left the day after he booked his ticket... so that lunatic I assume is unavailable tonight.
  20. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Thats bloody gold :)