GT Sport Season 2 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well i'm home right now :)
    Also sans kids and anyone so yeah...
  2. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I'll be on soon but if we'll probably be too early for most so if could be a test with a room full of euro's.
  3. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    In the next few days, we have visitors for a few days...not yet sure if that makes for more or less GTS time.
  4. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    My wife's cousin was here for a week so I could smash out laps while the girls were drinking wine and talking shyte.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  5. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    With the kids back home from their holidays, my time is busy to say the least.
    But I'll be able to wrangle some time later tonight if you want so we can get a mix of West / East coasters?
    AroGantz likes this.
  6. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I am on most nights mate, I need to balance racing with other games for wife time but I'm mainly on GT so just join the chat when you're on.
  7. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I did get on last night...but was itching to get that last race done to finish golding missions...which I did btw...will try and set up a lobby tonight.

I have half silver/ half gold for circuits, and have the 2 GT campaign endurance races, after that I have finished all the offline content...except trophys.
  8. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I had planned on being there but I was getting dinner ready and looking after my 4 yo.
    Wife and daughter went to the movies.
  9. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    That's cool guys, we were doing SoO practice.
  10. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    My 4yo at the time was impressing guests by eating spaghetti with his hands and smearing it over his face.

I stole your signature btw, and had a look at ur stats vs mine - you have spent twice the driving time I have! Plenty of time put in! You do lap quicker than I do, and accordingly have a better DR - interesting to see the difference in days played - mine over 30 days and yours over 17, I guess I usually dont get more than one sport mode race in a day - but you seem to! My DR spike came after doing 2 races back to back - a Gr4 race on dragon trail, the day after we raced it for ROOZ on the faster Gr3 RSR. Got 2 wins in a row! Would have kept going, except it was midnight and I had to be up at 630 to get ready for work the next day. You have a couple of good spikes there too!
  11. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    It's there to be nicked :)
    To be honest I haven't done a lot of Sport mode.
    I've only won once and gotten on the podium twice. Never had a FL or Pole that I can remember, but I do seem to make up a lot of positions in most of the races I've done and race clean.
    I need to practice a lot to ensure a high placement (pole) before the race otherwise my Dr will tank as it is currently.
    My last set of Sport races I raced well and qual'ed 14th :(
    Finished 14th, DR dropped...
    I seem to have trouble breaking past a certain time on pretty much all tracks, so I need to change things up to improve my times.
    Dumping TCS would be a good start.
    My plan for this season is to do just that, Dump TCS and use Manual.
    Hopefully I come out of the season a better / faster / cleaner driver.
  12. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Do you use a wheel or controller?
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Wheel. Although during the week I'm to lazy to pull my wheel and setup out so I use the controller.

Side note - Going to do a test run for hosting from WA tonight if anyone is interested. It will be the SOO R1 practice race. Hoping to start it at 5pm WA (8pm EST)
  14. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Ran some races last night. Solid connection will even FNQ getting a 3 or 4 bars of connection. Everyone else was at max connection. No wibbily wobbily timey wimey networks to be seen.
    So with that all said, I can host if need be.
    Tristan Jones and AroGantz like this.
  15. Inzyman

Inzyman Rookie

PSN ID
    Cranew1
    Hi Guys, count me in!
  16. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
  17. Inzyman

Inzyman Rookie

PSN ID
    Cranew1
    Put my name in, shot in my lap time prior to Xmas. Watched the last couple of races in season one and really looking forward to having a crack in season 2! Had 3 weeks away for Chrissy and will catch up with the lads over the next few weeks for practice.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  18. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Damn, I'm working for round 2......Yay, I'm working for round 6 and not working for round 7.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Sooo...not to jump the gun...but anyone do some GP laps already?

Not that we know tyres/ time of day etc yet, on RH I managed to make high 2:08 and low 2:09 repeatable on clean laps with no TC, optimum lap of 2:08.2. Still plenty of time to make up though! Frustrating to gain a tenth or 2 on the ghost in a corner, only to lose it again on the next, I just have to put in the time I guess! Great fun to drive imho, sounds nice too.

I started practise with TCS 3, just to see if I actually go faster without it - on this track I definately do! Shifting just before or after the tacho flashing doesn't seem to make much difference in this car?

Surprising that on this track TCS3 means no tail wagging at all, even when deliberately kicking out the back, TCS 0 wasn't really that hard to negotiate compared to other tracks/ the RSR. Gr4 not Gr3 helps of course, but it is a mustang...
    AroGantz and Matthyus like this.