PCARS 2 Pitstop thread

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 12, 2018.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    So, this season we will be trying to get on top of pit-stops again, in the hope of creating a more realistic racing experience across the divs.

I would HIGHLY recommend that everyone watches these youtube vids for a better understanding of how it all works.
    Obviously, we will tailor it for our series as we need to based on wear rates and fuel burn.
    PITSTOP VID

STRATEGY VID

The main things people have had issues with seem to be..... (These are really well shown in above vid !)
    1. Making sure you are at 60kph at the pit entry line..... There is a line on your track map, and also the lone can be seen in game with the orange cones on the track edge
    2. Make sure you have your pit bay locator on. It shows a "target", for you to know which bay is yours
    3. Pit Limiter....it can be mapped meaning you have to keep it pressed to stay at the 59kph. I run the AI option as its one less thing i have to worry about....

If there is anything people want to add to the above please do so below.....the vids cover it very well though.
    Stu
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Spidey_11 and Anthonyb like this.
  2. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Just to clarify on the wording....you don’t have to keep it pressed, just tap it as you get under 59kph and it will stay engaged through the whole pit transit...you also don’t need to press it again once released from pit box, it will still be activated. Then of course disengage it on exit. :thumbsup::unsure::)

I personally prefer activating it myself that way I can brake to under 60kph say 5m before line, activate it, then accelerate up to 60 earlier. Using the aI, if you brake to early you will have to keep accelerating and braking before line tto minimise lost time but could lead to being over speed at the line as the ai won’t activate until that line is crossed :):rolleyes:
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Push the button once turns the pit limiter on and it stays on until you push the button again you can do laps with it on if you want but you want get over 59kph lol but practice it each week just so you don't have problems come race night and all should be fine
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  4. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Thanks for repeating what I said.:..
  5. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Thanks for repeating what I said.:..
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Still concerned about the AI taking over randomly.
    Has this been happening to anyone during the prac sessions?
  7. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Ran 4 races last night with others in a public lobby and no pit stop issues.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  8. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I must have run dozens of races with pit stops by now, never had an issue with it.
    TheJuzzy and Spidey_11 like this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ran about 7 or 8 races late last week and had no issues.....nor did i see anyone else have issues

I will suggest that anytime someone sets up a test room, run all races with mandatory pit stops on so we can see if anyone has an issue. If they do have an issue, maybe look to see what differences there are between their options and other peoples....
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  10. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Is everyone getting the same fuel at the start of races or is this still an issue.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    will check tonight ... from the few checks we had last week everyone was on the same
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok, ran about 8 -10 races again last night and had no issues at all with the pit stops..havent seen one case of the AI taking over anyone's car... Am yet to sort out the wear rates for the season.....when i get the tracks sorted will have took at how changing tyres, and the change in pressures, affect everyone....Might be a case of adding things each season as we find the best way of getting things to work for our specific leagues.

1 really important glitch we did find, thanks to Rhino...
    - pit options No fuel / tyres / repairs...stop took 5.6 seconds.
    - No fuel / Tyres BUT ADDED 1L of fuel and somehow the stop was now only 2.1 sec
    :eek: :roflmao: :confused::confused:
    We tested over about 3 or 4 races and this was always the case.

- there was the realistic "wait for cars in the lane' before you get released from your box. This is not a glitch, just a realistic feature of racing and should help determine when you would pit in a race anyway.....a clear lane is always generally faster...and is an added element of strategy.
    - I have checked and double checked that i have 'pit errors' turned OFF in my main menu....
    - I have a mustang pit strategy set up now, YOU NEED TO SELECT IT FOR EVERY RACE, AND CHECK IT IS ACTIVE IN THE 2 MIN PERIOD BETWEEN QUAL AND RACE START. The game auto defaults the strategy back to 'default' between races.
    - IN THE MUSTANG STRATEGY, i have add fuel (0), New tyres (NO) and "repair damage" (OFF). This stop will take 'approx' 5.6 sec, but as shown last night, add 1L of fuel and for some reason this changes to 2.1 sec....We will explore this further in the next few nights.
    - The guys who have 'pit limiter' mapped are the ones that seem to make the errors and get the pit penalties. Up to the individual drivers but i am running with the limiter on Auto, and manual pitstop.
    - there are guys who are losing their pit box, so make sure you have 'pitstop visual que' ON
    Spidey_11 and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  13. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I strongly suspect that the AI glitch would probably only be possible when pit stops are set to automatic (ie, the AI takes over control of the car from pit entry to exit).

Nearly all of the races I have done with pit stops have been with manual control in the pit lane, and I have seen no issues for anyone in those races. I would personally much prefer to have manual control, it is far more authentic and I honestly see no strong reason to want to run automatic.
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Reduce your pit stop time down to 2.1 seconds!
  15. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Well done on the video spidey top job mate
  16. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Great video mate, good job
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  17. autech91

autech91 Professional

You forgot to add "don't forget to subscribe" lol.
    Weird HUD layout and is that TC I saw Mr Spidey?
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    how do you think he gets so sticky?
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  19. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Like/Subscribe/Donate..... haha ;)
    Umm I was hoping you wouldn’t look that close! Plus yeah still playing with the hud
  20. autech91

autech91 Professional

Dude I remember weaning you off that toxic :):):):)!
    You back on the TC mate. Real shame. We need an intervention.

I have my tacho dead centre but other than that it doesn't look too much different
    Spidey_11 likes this.