GT-Sport [Completed] State of Origin Series VII

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Dec 12, 2017.

1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Good pickup, OP done screwed up :whistling:
    Mezign likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    @Bryan_F getting that lobby open soon or?
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    what a race...

Qualified ok and started well content to circulate wherever my pace would fit me
    Ended up watching @razor4797 make a gap early and @JonoStan96 spun to give me 2nd.
    Was pulling away from him and the rest of the field and about half way through the RSS stint, started catching razor until he pit just before half race distance.
    Kept going until I noticed @Bryan_F catching me and decided to pit on lap 25 with a 10sec gap. Bryan followed me in and I came out and immediately started catching razor.

I thought, awesome nsw 1 2 easy. Once I caught him, I thought he might let me through since we were racing the second rooms times but (he admitted later) he had forgotten and took his rightful defensive line.

I went to the outside and bumped his car slightly which put me off the circuit and allowed bryan to close to my bumper as I got back up to speed.

we were nose to tail for many laps until an error let him through and I followed.

On the final lap we both caught razor and bryan put a pass on him, but razor managed to criss-cross and get underneath and they made contact a corner later which left bryan off the track and razors speed compromised.

On the second last corner I pulled an over-under to take the lead and couldn't believe my luck to win my first ever origin race!
  4. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well done to @KeedenMcdonald and the other podium winners.
    Once the room names had been put up, I knew that it was going to be a tough race.
    I could not find any consistency wiping out several times.
    Learning to race without TCS will take some time to allow me to be competitive again.
    Being lapped twice wasn't my cup of tea either but that comes with having a poor race.
    I just hope that I took something out of the race.
    Hope to have a better race at Bathurst.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    Apex_64 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Oooh that was nasty, Genesis might have been good to drive but it was off the pace and was thirstier than a Biggest Loser contestant right after a weigh in!

I tried as hard as I could to keep up and save fuel but it was too much of an ask, 3 big offs costing me a huge amount of time. Starting on softs yielded no benefits due to the fuel situation and ultimately I spent most of the race wishing I had picked a different car!
    razor4797 likes this.
  6. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Thanks mate, btw you tagged the wrong guy lol
  7. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I'm at a loss. I don't understand what's going on and starting to wonder if with this whole 'grip glitch' talk if it goes the other way for some drivers. Before the race I joined the practice lobby and pulled a really easy 1:28.2 with enough in hand for a mid-low 27. I join the race server and the track turns to ice. The whole race felt like I was on Sports tyres. Just no pace and extremely frustrating.

This isn't the first time this has happened either. The Lago Maggiore race session was completely different to practice and quali, and also the practice session at Interlagos right before we switched to quali I had no grip. I asked around that night and apparently it was only me suffering.

Anyway, sorry QLD boys. Pushed too hard trying to catch the pack back up and binned it. Couldn't be bothered lapping for nothing after that.
    Apex_64, AroGantz and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Oops. All sorted.:D
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  9. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Well done to Hat,Razor and Bryan for the podium
    As for me not so good. Qualifying was about as worse as a pensioner in a car park.
    In the end i really struggled.The Viper seemed underpowered and overweight like a biggest loser contestant (Yes @JonoStan96 i used your quote) and it made for a really difficult race on my end. Managed to have a great battle with @Bryan_F for most the first stint. I held him for all the first stint until lap 20 where i planned on coming in but ran wide and Bryan stuck his nose in meaning i couldn't get across to the pit lane entry and at that point i had 0.7 laps left of fuel $hit. Anyway had to stick in fuel mix 4-5 to make it the next lap in which Jono also got by.

After that not much happened @Viperzed was behind for a few laps but i'd eventually pulled away. I was bringing the gap down to Jono until he made a meal of the final corner and gifted me 4th only for me to spin T1 a few laps later but had enough margin to remain and finish 4th. Overall i think i did as good as the car could manage. Hopefully Bathurst brings a better result.

Also apologies to @Mezign if we made contact. On my screen we didn't hit
    razor4797 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  10. Jerry

Jerry Rookie

PSN ID
    OhItsMeJerry
    All I can say is wow.. that was a interesting start to my first race with ROOZ !
    Spent a good chunk of the day preparing for the race. In individual practices I topped out with a time of 1:28.10 and was running consistent 1:28.500 - 1:29.500's, I came into pre-race practice/qualifying full of confidence. First race jitters got the best of me during that 10 minutes of qualifying and I couldn't string together a consistent set of laps. Finished with a qual time of 1:29.400 (I thought for sure I'd qualify with low-mid 1:28's).

Come race time we set up on a grid (first time doing a grid start aswell) and we're off! Turn one and 2 went pretty cleanly but due to my inexperience I tried to go wide into turn 3 (thought I saw an opening that wasn't there) and I go careening into the green. I watch as the pack pulls away and I know that's the end of any hopes of a top 5 finish. By the time I'm back on course I'm looking at a +12s deficit. As I pull into turn 4 I see @Randm90 out in the gravel and as I pass he disconnects (had problems all night). Making my way up the straight towards turn 5 I see @Green Terror slowed down on the side of the road. We take turn 5 together with me ~1-2 seconds behind. That's when the second incident occurs. I see @Green Terror lose traction coming out of turn 6 and off into the grass he goes. I watch in slow mo as he rejoins the track and just as I pass him he goes right into my passenger's side door (I probably could've slowed down to let him back on but I was so far behind I just wanted to make up time). Could this race go any worse? I'm back on track as I see Green's ghosted car pull infront of me. I eventually catch him at around turn 8 and this is where the bulk of my race begins.

As I clear turn 8 I look up and see @AroGantz next on the board and he's clocked in at +25s and I figure the best I can achieve now is not finishing last. Over the next few laps I start shaving ~1-1.5seconds a lap and finally end up on his bumper by lap 18. This is when the 3rd part of the nightmare happens and I wipe on the exact same turn 3 corner resetting all the work I had done prior. When I eventually join the track once more I look up to see a delta of about 12seconds and the grind starts once again. I don't catch him till lap 24 where he comes out the pits and I'm only 3's behind. I finally make the pass at turn 5 having made good exit speed coming out of turn 4.

The rest of the race is spent focusing on just pumping out consistent lap times and thinking to myself "f*** me this is a long race". On lap 38 (or was it 39?) @Hatfield & @Bryan_F are furiously dueling and not wanting to get in their way I let them through on the straight past turn 5.

All in all, a huge learning experience for myself. This was the first time I've ever done such an event and my first organized race. I came in hoping to run 1:28:500-1:29:500 lap times as I did in practice but ended up running low 1:30's instead. To the top half of race room Lewis (@Hatfield @JonoStan96 @razor4797 @Bryan_F @Motors560 ), you guys are monsters. Hopefully I didn't get in the way of your lapping me. I came away knowing I've still got a lot of work to do. My take away is that there's no use being able to pump out a handful of quick lap times if you cant consistently stay on track and I'll need more experience at these 30+ lap races.

Cheers for the race boys, see you all at Bathurst!
  11. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I was in a party chat with Aro and he was praising you for how quickly you caught him, and the next corner you binned it. I think you got hit with the commentators curse :speechless:
    AroGantz, Apex_64 and Jerry like this.
  12. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Gah what a race. Had very good wear rates going into this one and as a result was looking forward to a hard fought race up front. Was happy with quali, a mega lap from @razor4797 was enough to grab pole. Lap 1 Turn 5 I binned it on the ripple strips on the exit and it just got worse for me from there. Strung together multiple mistakes and when my stop came around the refuelling glitch re appeared meaning I was stuck in mix 5 for most of the final stint (20 laps) to try and get 13 laps worth of fuel to make it. Disappointing result but happy to move on from such a God awful track. Well done NSW on what I'm sure will be a round victory.
    razor4797 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    is it a glitch? or does the car you used have a smaller fuel tank?
  14. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I’ve read some cars have fuel tanks less than 100L, while some have more than 100.
  15. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    It may have a smaller fuel tank but the fact that it gave me different amounts every time I tried it makes me believe it's a glitch
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have the replay from the LEWIS room... does anyone have results from the JOHNS room?
  17. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Pole lap footage:

Really chuffed to grab pole, really set me up nicely.
    Am slightly disappointed to have lead every single lap except for the one that really mattered, but oh well.
    Those last few laps were so tense as @Hatfield and @Bryan_F were fast approaching. Me having sweet f-all tyres left I was a sitting duck and was left to rue a possible win.
    In the heat of the moment I lost sight of the fact that there were actually 2 races going on, not just one single lobby I was in, so apologies to Hatfield for making it difficult to overtake earlier in the race.
    A NSW 1-2 is still very pleasing though.

Gr.4 round done, onto the Gr.3’s. Cheers
  18. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Really fun race last night. I'm glad I raced. Started 8th finished 4th. Pretty happy with that seeing how I did no practice. If it wasn't for a off or 2 maybe could of grabbed a podium. Or I could just have a case of the could of's. Also did a 2 stopper lol. I had know idea on tires or fuel.
    JonoStan96 and Apex_64 like this.
  19. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64

There is definitely something going on grip wise that is not consistent. I was pulling laps of between low 27s to low 28s in my two practice runs with the other guys. I set a room up for myself on Saturday to do a petrol run test over 5 laps. I did a 26.2! and several 26s. I double checked the settings and all was right. In the qually last night I couldn't get under 28.5 with no huge difference in my driving except maybe old man night fatigue. I have also felt different grip in practice to qually to races last season as Mezign experienced.
    Anyways it was fun race trying to maintain the gap between myself and Captain Risky, and "rage quit party", whilst watching Beau sail off into the distance. Beau made an error on lap 10 or so and the gap dropped from 10 secs to 4. I calculated if Beau binned it 6 or 7 more times I could have won :laugh::x3:.
    P.S. I am sure Beau was conceived in Victoria on a family holiday.
    Mezign, Ozglenn, JonoStan96 and 3 others like this.
  20. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    TBH I think Beau was born on Mars or something, damn alien