Dealing with dem nerves!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Pixeliz3d_DoD, Feb 6, 2018.

1. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Yep, that's what practice is all about.
  2. Pixeliz3d_DoD

Pixeliz3d_DoD Rookie

PSN ID
    Pixeliz3d_DoD
    Yeah this right here. I felt I learned a crapload last night just with having 3 others in the race/practice and just mixing it up with each other.

And because its practice, yes we all talked gears and corners, approaches etc but it doesnt feel as bad if we accidently bump into each other because practice. Learning when and where you can pass I feel is almost as important as staying on the track and not dive bombing every corner.

Im glad this is creating some conversation and opinions as well. Feeling thelove from the community hehe
    Tristan Jones, Spidey_11 and stucar17 like this.
  3. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    im doing alot better in the F1 public lobbys, gets u right into the action and u dont know the other people and 90%of em dont seem to careif they finish a race or not lol....bit harder i find on pcars2, no real instant races every minute or so and can be along wait till an actuall race...theni get worried because if i do hit someone my ratings look bad.
    Zachery likes this.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah when you have ratings like PCars / GTS it makes it a bit more risky, but still well worth it to get amongst it. F1 is good like that as theres no real punishment if you do hit someone in public lobbies.

at the end of the day, theres no substitute for seat time man, so just get on as much as you can and you will improve every day. thats coming from a bloke who was bottom of div4 in my first seaon, and ended my console racing in div1 before moving over to PC
    PaulCox and AroGantz like this.
  5. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Also I find it better to only practice one track at a time for the season, so for GTS only practice Nurburgring this week then move on to Monza after the race, a wise man have us nubs a tip in season one to just put lots of laps down prior to the race and is a good tip, is that the first time you've ever been called wise @CAB77?
  6. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    HAHAHA I've been called a lot of things and I mean a lot. Never had a fear of been called wise tho.

Yep practice races are great. Most people get it's a practice race and if you bump or do something stupid then just say sorry and move on. You can't learn where the limit is until you've punted @NAACS off.
  7. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    That's gold.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  8. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I just imagine all the other drivers in their underwear and that helps ease the nerves.
    As all the other guys have said... seat time and laps is king. Don't worry what times other guys are doing just find a pace that is comfortable to you and that you can nail lap after lap. The other thing I do is every time I cross the start finish line is take a big deep breath and loosen my grip on the wheel. This helps to settle me before I hit turn 1 and the madness starts again,
    Spidey_11, AroGantz and Zachery like this.
  9. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Take a swig of beer on every straight that "helps" some drivers.
  10. Pixeliz3d_DoD

Pixeliz3d_DoD Rookie

PSN ID
    Pixeliz3d_DoD
    I hear 'shots' really lets you feel relaxed and 'in the zone' down the straight aways......

Gawd that would get ugly quickly!....'And then I told her, you're really pretty'...........'Get off me, I can dribe fine occifer!'
    CAB77 and SPL Racing like this.
  11. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I’m not racing with you anymore if you’re only after my body and not my personality! ........ hope you picture me in new undies at least:inlove:
    SPL Racing likes this.
  12. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    where's pat?
  13. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    To validate some previous points;

- Practice is where it’s at. Track practice yes but more so practice driving close to others. The difference in driving in front of someone or behind them. If you’re in front it’s you driving your race and trusting the racer behind to not ram you. If you’re behind it’s the knowledge of knowing you can’t break at the same marker as before and where to lift and coast, and break earlier due to the car in front.

- Get in the deep end. Little is learnt from moving out of the way but plenty is learnt from driving for that position. Defensive driving is something to learn as others will do it to you. We have practice sessions and muck around races so use these to practice.

- No harm no faul. Everyone here knows you’re not intentional in any collisions or on track incidents. This is the playground to race with good blokes and gals who accept the “sorry” moments on track.

- Everyone’s the same. I was hell nervous my first Rooz race but that slowly subsided. The next moment was first podium finish and when you first lead a race. It’ll occasionally come back to you but knowing everyone here is a good sport (maybe not immediately after a racing incident lol) and things get forgiven and forgotten.

And get on a party chat so you can have fun about it all.
    AroGantz, Anthonyb, PaulCox and 2 others like this.
  14. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Of course! New Spider-Man undies no less
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  15. Pixeliz3d_DoD

Pixeliz3d_DoD Rookie

PSN ID
    Pixeliz3d_DoD
    Kinda like canabalism but not as offputting, spider man in spider man undies........oh wait.......

Thanks Spidey, good advice right there.
    It certainly helped last night to run with some of the guys, chatting in party and just shootin the :):):):) while trying to get better laps each time, or chase the FL and get some confidence. I think thats what it seems to come down to. And knowing where you can and cant try to pass or how deep you should brake etc.

I imagine a real race would be a total different ball game again though but this is helping to settle in with the crew
    Spidey_11 and SPL Racing like this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    getting tapped in practice helps too in its own way. If you get a tap, you have to learn what to do to help it affect you the least amount as possible.
  17. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Good thread pixel, the feedback is going to help a lot of us.
  18. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    @Captain_Risky_21 can help with this, the tapping part that is
  19. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I can also get you "banned" from TITTSUP
  20. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Back to OP. @Pixeliz3d_DoD It will come with experience. Your confidence around others will come from being aware of what they're doing and understanding where you can place your car when in battle. Pick your fights, but get your elbows out and be more aggressive. Just defend and attack as you would see fair others doing to you. Racing isn't racing if you don't try to hold your own. Might as well just be on a Sunday cruise.

Use ROOZ practice servers to try new things. We all started somewhere. Most guys will be understanding about it if you own up to making mistakes - and more importantly learn from them. :thumbsup: