Season 14: The Tifosi Have Spoken!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 8, 2018.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I just tried the prac server and mediums are fairly well worn by lap 5 so 32 laps with this wear rate will be at least 2 stops at 150% wear. I will jump on later tonight again and try some long runs but I really doubt anyone would no stop 32 laps at 100% wear as it would easily lose more time then the stop in the second half of the race. Left rear wears fairly quick here and when worn those flat or nearly flat rights are pretty sketchy or need quite a bit more lift. At the higher wear rate it may make things interesting if it opens up some multiple stop strategies but maybe at 100% a 2 stop could also work close to the same net time as a 1 stop.
  2. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Hey guys,
    Sorry to say I'm going to pull from this series. I have a GT3 season starting thursday & just don't have the time to put into the F1. Last night showed me that it takes a lot more concentration & setup/practice/track time than I have available right now. Wil lkeep an eye out for the next season though.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

This is were leaving tire/fuel on 100% and enforcing a pit window could work... still disqualification being the result of not pitting during the window could ruffle a few feathers :)

sad to see u go mate, maybe next season then! :)
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

That’s how it goes in real life though, everyone knows the rules. Plus if someone tries to go race distance in a normal round without pitting for tyres then best of luck to them
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Pit window enforced from lap 1 to second last lap, surely if a stop is mandatory then not making one should always end in DQ.
    Godzilla and Rolz like this.
  6. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

I originally used the windows screen recorder but that was crap because the audio would be out of sync. So I use nvidia GeForce Experience which I guess came from my graphics card driver.
    File size...I have it set at nearly the lowest quality settings and each sprint was around 2.8GB for about 25 min. Looking at the enduro race from last season - Mugello was about 6.8GB for around an hour.
    I do get FPS drops sometimes but not sure where they come from.

Hey @marty / anyone, how big are the Assetto Corsa replay files? I'd like to save the AC replays to make vids but my house has capped data so I've never done it in case it would demand more data download (hence why I screen record)....do you know how it works?
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Thanks. May have a play with the GeForce experience one but need to clear a lot of space first. AC replay files are fairly small, you can set quality and max file size in AC options. A few hundred MB for a race at high quality I’d say
    jlynn777 likes this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The replay files size limit is capped at 1GB depending on quality setting. The actual quality setting is just the hz rate it saves all data at with max being 60hz with lower settings dropping down though I dont know exact rates. I have currently got my replay quality at medium which kept these races down below 100MB. The server hz rate is normally under 20hz so using a higher setting will have no effect on other cars and its really not so noticeable between med and ultra to me.

The thing is that the replay file itself isnt the issue regarding upload size as you still need to capture it with shadowplay with geforce experiance or some other capture software. From there I use adope premiere pro to edit and do my final encode which is where you need to choose bitrate vs file size. I mostly upload in 4k and using h265 codec now at 10 to 15 variable bitrate it ends up as decent quality once yt goes through it. At 1080 you can drop the data rate quite a bit but using h264 or standard mp4 I needed considerably higher bitrate for the same quality.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Replay files are 100% local files and reasonable size as God says. They also compress very well in a zip fir sharing native replays but for youtube you'll still have to screen record from the replay. Benefit may be not doing it live preserves resources for max performance in game. And of course you do cycle angles/pov etc.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  10. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Thanks @Godzilla @marty @KoAStR that's great info - will probably ditch the screen recordings now!
    I assumed replays would be huge files :rolleyes:
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have gone through the stracker team lists and removed those not in teams this season and added all the guys I could find.

This allows you to share setups in ptracker just within your team, some people I couldn't find in the server drivers list so they may not show up. You must join one of the ROOZ servers and do a lap to register in. Also if you game under a different name put it in here as we cant search the server via GUID only names but we can see the GUID attached to all names.
    Mael and Rolz like this.
  13. Rolz

Morning all, I've put up a race distance server up for testing 29laps... Fuel and Tire burn still to be locked down... hopefully in the next day or so...
    marty likes this.
  14. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

We did a bunch of testing last night and with the tyre rate at 150% the mediums get about 7 laps before they start to fade badly. Hards get about 14-15 laps. Even if tyre wear was at 100% running enough fuel for 29 laps makes the car to heavy to do decent lap times so wouldn't be worth it anyway.

Just a noobs thoughts :p, hopefully Godzilla, Marty and Andy can back me up as we all ran a full race last night.
    jlynn777 and Rolz like this.
  15. Rolz

Both prac servers have been set to 100% for testing today
  16. Brenton Foggo

Brenton Foggo New Recruit

Hi
    i'd like to join Monday nights race if there are spare spots available. I have posted my Steam it and GUId in the other forum post Bruce Campbell / bfoggo01 / 76561197994222667
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Anon666 and bbhrt like this.
  17. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

At 150% the race would be a two stop I’d say. The hards were prety much done after about 11 laps, on the medium times fall for me after 5 and it gets REALLY interesting after 7 or so laps. Will do more testing today
  18. Rolz

Hi there... we are pretty close to full grid this Monday (32) if all people that said they are attending will show up, but our Season organiser (Anon) will confirm status :)
  19. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    So I should be able to make this Monday. But I'll happily step aside for someone else if needed. I won't be able to practice until Monday. So if my times are way off it will be even more reason to sit out.

I enjoyed Monday even if I did get my arse handed to me. I just raced on my monitor as I didn't have time to practice and set the VR up. I will be setting it up over the weekend so hopefully that will help with the lap times.
  20. Rolz

yeah these cars are not something you can "wing it" with... :D
    Bogor likes this.