GT Sport Season 2 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 2 : Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 24 laps - 10:00 Cloudy - 18/2

[​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! The brake zone is long, for the guys at the back half of the grid, PLEASE make sure you dont cannonball through the guys in front. Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. TURNS 1, 3, 7-8, 9-10, & main straight are the areas to be careful for track limits.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    IMPORTANT: Monza turns 1 & 3 have the possibility of cars being reset for cutting the chicanes. Of course doing this on purpose is not acceptable.
    IF you are the recipient of a tap at Turn 1 which results in your car resetting, you will end up being reset after the chicane which gains you an advantage. It will be UP TO YOU to reduce pace to get back into the position you were in as you entered the chicane. This MUST BE DONE before the end of the lap.
    IF you are the recipient of a tap at Turn 3 which results in your car resetting, you will end up being reset in the chicane which results in a disadvantage. Like any other incident, the person who caused it, should redress.

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RH or RM tyres. But may pit to change to a maximum compound of RS during the race.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is pretty straight forward. Don't worry about entry speed, just get in there.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    KeedenMcdonald and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Can we please get clear confirmation on this? It's a white line. Either we can cross it or we can't. It just reads as being open to interpretation based on the scenario and not a hard and fast rule.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  4. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Never met a Motorsport event that allows you to merge from the pits at a 90 deg angle crossing white lines aiming for a T bone..
    You follow the solid lines as you would on track limits on corners
    JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    And you’re at Monza this weekend? So most likely the lines will go up passed the brake marker meaning you’re turning in from the inside of the track
  6. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I agree, and I think that it's obvious, but it's not how it's written. My point being after the race if someone posts up "my wheel was falling off the mounts", or "my cat jumped across my face" not being valid excuses to absolve responsibility of crossing the line because the briefing asked you to do something as apposed to making it a clear breach.

Driver briefings are to ensure everyone is clear on what's ok and what isn't - and ask questions in a public forum if they're interpreted inconsistently to the rules. Rules are supposed to be black and white. I'm getting a lot of "grey area unless protested" from this series.

I get that it's supposed to be a fun series, but this stuff isn't hard to police so we can all race fairly and enjoy the competition.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Crunch, is that you?
    seth123, razor4797 and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    THe greys come from the site moderators being conservative, the racing generally runs itself in that regard anyway never had an issue with someone exiting the lane as it’s common merging courtesy which rooz has heaps of courtesy.

You can’t even police it either this entire forums based on gentlemen, I say our Moderator team are rather relaxed and on the fence but at the same time they’re never going to actually harshly do someone they want an environment for everyone from Australia and New Zealand for some strange reason ;)

Stu, hat, ad, enmo and other mods do their best to make this a competitive environment whilst pleasant, during GTPES a real life Nazi simulator series like youd enjoy I got a 10 minute pit lane stop penalty for not having a number on my car,

I think you need to stop worrying about this rule or protesting him annoying him calling that bloke out and just race

To have fun on this site it’s a basic formula
    - don’t cut corners
    - crash into someone readdress
    - racing room
    - obey lines
    I’m coming up to my 5th millionth year here and basically it’s going as good as it’s going to get
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I wish i could like this comment more than once! Spot on and well said
  10. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Can I add further, I dont see how that is in any way open to interpretation? It clearly says “Please use the pit exit lane”, the latter is obviously just a general statement as to once you are past the pit exit lane, be aware of cars coming?
    Zachery likes this.
  11. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    You're still missing my point. I need to see those words from @Hatfield . I personally have no issue and I think the answer is simple and clear cut. But the rules in this series are either poorly written, or extremely well written to subtly protect the ROOZ fraternity.

You say the league is based on 'gentlemen' yet half the members lost their minds when Jono shared a tyre wear glitch, and the first chicane cut advantage at Monza was exposed. They all screamed to turn off tyre wear and switch out Monza because they couldn't trust their fellow members to follow the rules. And yet here I am being critiqued on my questioning of clarity to ensure nobody is treated unfairly or handicapped.

This is a simple discussion on clarity of fact. Not judgement on others or personal opinion. I appreciate the time and effort it took to address your interpretation of my concerns, but you've missed my intentions entirely.
    deedz_aus and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    HAHAHAHA its a conspiracy i tells ya. to say 'I personally have no issue', followed by a couple of paragraphs stating your issue is just an absolute laugh.

relax man for crying out loud. its a forum/club/website where people come to race. if you want to go look at every little detail and make suggestions to fix it, then gather your info, make a Conversation with ALL of the mods and try and get it fixed (if you think its all so bad) instead of running all these wacky accusations of protecting the 'ROOZ Fraternity" (lol) on the public forum. it doesnt help anyone and only brings in a whole bunch of un needed responses to the convo. (including this one here)
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  13. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Actually incorrect/missing number was a warning, however stacked team warnings after 5 saw 'stop and hold' penalties, of which 9 warnings was an 8 minute stop and hold, any furter would see team disqualification.
    If you wish to rip on the real life Nazi simulator, we wish that you do so with accuracy so that others who think 4 wheels must remain on or between the white lines, can find each other and live in their Nazi utopia.
    Seriously we all know the real problem was that definition of track limits was absolutely appalling making track limit warnings stack to dangerous levels immediately, especially since they carried forward from qualy and that was just a bad time.
  14. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    But you did see those words when he wrote “please use the exit lanes”
    JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  15. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I get the issue - the use of "please" implies a request not a command. A request is open to refusal while a command is not. Using "must" is a clear directive that something MUST happen, while please indicates it MAY happen, or SHOULD happen, but not MUST happen.
    @Mezign The use of please exists because stewards were painted into a corner in GT6 season 12 at Tokyo, with wording trying to force the penalising of 22 people across all divisions for crossing pit lines (with a penalty that was far too severe), which had occurred after a review and re-writing of the rules in an effort to provide a clearer picture of how stewarding would work. The result was even more complaining than before, however stewards ruled against the prescribed penalties and as such the wordings of things have changed to allow common sense stewarding to take place when needed.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I just want track limit rules that tastes like real track limit rules
    Kieran_B33, Randm90, seth123 and 7 others like this.
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    YASSSSS!
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  18. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I agree with that... and likewise disagree with the T5 at Nurgburgring ruling that I noted you breaching - but do understand that it was easier to police a standard ruling for all corners that make exceptions for some... but, only if that policing is going to be followed through with religiously. This is my only issue.

Thanks @StigsTC . This was exactly my point, yet articulated with greater clarity. I think that if we're not going to actively police rule breaches we need to introduce a system that allows a more relaxed attitude to stewarding that allows everyone to race fairly and not within interpretation of rules.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Let me put it like this then, if the track limit rules are so poorly defined, how have we made it through 29 seasons and 7 years without any major issue on this before?
    Randm90, seth123 and Zachery like this.
  20. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

*sits down with bucket of popcorn
    VARDZ, Kieran_B33 and Zachery like this.