GT Sport Season 2 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    Great race tonight guys. Had some serious tustles with jonesy which was epic. Had to remind myself to breath a few times in that second race too. Unlucky for all the guys that had connection issues and tough breaks out on the track. Huge thanks to johnnoclint for coordinating the whole thing, you did a great job and I'm sure we all agree!
    Dosy, Inzyman, Jcp and 4 others like this.
  2. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Great race wd to Luke that was great racing, very close, it only looks better on replay
    Inzyman and Luke like this.
  3. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Looks like some close racing for some spots - look forward to the highlights ;)
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  4. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

I quite enjoyed what was put together last week.
    Matthyus likes this.
  5. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Good to be back racing tonight, although i was 5 or so seconds off the front runners, i still had some good fun. It's been such a long time on the sidelines, that i really enjoyed tonight, no matter the result.

A couple of things i noticed from tonight however:
    1. Although i was miles off the pace, it was interesting to note that i was much quicker through the tighter twistier bits than i was the long (never ending i thought) sweepers, and had the track been mostly twisty bits, i think i may have been a bit more competitive.
    2. The lag issues that seemed to be plaguing the previous rounds to me at least, seemed very minor, if any lag at all
    3. Although i understand that we will always have issues regarding getting the settings right, or having dropouts etc, i feel like tonight we persisted with restarts for too long. I'm all for having restarts to allow those who drop out early a chance to be apart of the race, but delays of nearly half hour are quite frustrating, and i think there's really does need to be a point where we can just say, we tried our best, but we need to move on. Especially tonight given it was a sprint round, there are 2 races, and those who may have been experiencing issues in the first race, may have been able to sort out their issues during race 1, and returned for race 2. I'm sure this may be an unpopular opinion, but I am keen to hear others thoughts on it.
    I look forward to next week!
  6. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    If I may comment on your point 3:
    I'm a new host. This is my second season as a Rooz racer. So from the outset I lack experience in all things host related. This was the first time we (Div4 / myself) have encountered the stuck on grid issue, so I attempted to deal with it the best I could. While I missing my experienced captain @incey, luckily I had Kieran to give me some pointers.
    In the end though, I believed that I followed the guidelines set out by @Hatfield in the briefings in regards to race resets.
    While I understand that it is frustrating for all that we were delayed, please consider how the ones that are going through issues are feeling and be accepting of a learning curve.

Events as they happened:
    Room was opened nice and early for lobby practise.
    Qual happened (Go @Tristan Jones on pole)
    Race began, I get a message that 2 are stuck on grid. Race cancelled.
    Got everyone off track to cancel the race, begun Race 1 again.
    Didn't realise that I needed to manually reorder the grid. Race cancelled.
    Everyone off track again.
    Green tick for everyone. Manually reordered the grid. Began Race 1 again.
    Fezza stuck on grid again. Race cancelled.
    Fezza advised to restart PS4. Race lobby rebuilt.
    Manually reorder the grid. Began Race 1 again.
    Stuffed up the Room settings (set to 3 laps o.0).. Race cancelled.
    Everyone off track again.
    Green tick for everyone. Manually reordered the grid. (I'm a pro at this now o_O) Began Race 1 again.
    Success!!

Now with all that said, I have learnt a few things out of this.
    1. I'll be a bit more forceful with stuck users (They will restart their machines on the first go, I will also rebuild the lobby on the first go)
    2. Have a practise and race lobby setup so I don't have to think about too many things when stuff hits the fan.
    3. Have a back up back up Captain to go over event details incase @incey or whomever is away again. (not your fault buddy)

Kudos to the lads in the party room chat for your words and to everyone who sent me messages of support during the night. It was a very frustrating experience, but hopefully we'll come out on the other side a little better for it.

Qual - Jonesy got Pole GG Man
    Race 1 - JC was the man to beat, but luckily for me he slipped up on the 2nd last corner (too much speed or no grip?), either or I sailed past and took my first win!!!:D
    We were never very far apart, up to 3s I think on the 6th or 7th lap, however I reeled you back in up until that off track excursion and was only 1s behind. I got lucky!!
    Race 2 - WD to @Luke for taking the honors here. Looks like we might have another challenger for the title @incey I had a pretty ordinary 2nd race almost took 5th with 2 laps to go, but my inside overtake was messed up by braking a smidgen too late. Sorry @AroGantz for the bump / nudge / complete 180 I gave you. I redressed, but the damage was done. Took home 9th.
    @emmo46 - So waiting your magic math to see if I drew first or came 2nd. So much baited breath right now ;)

I give the replays a watch / review tonight and see if I can manage a quick highlights.

Cheers
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    FL doesn't get counted until the heat ponts are done and the round points are awarded, so the winner of race 1 takes it.
  8. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    So does that mean it's a draw between me an johnnoclint for 1st?
  9. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    If anyone gets stuck on the grid again, I think just setting up a new room should do the trick. I wasn't even getting the countdown when sitting on the grid, I'd just see people drive off lol
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Johnnoclint takes the win because he finished ahead in the first race.
    Tristan Jones, incey and Kieran_B33 like this.
  11. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    @CAB77 - I did it!!
    @Luke - kudos to you for finishing on the podium twice last night. It shows real skill to do that. Don't let the final result take that away.
    Tristan Jones and CAB77 like this.
  12. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Well done man!!!!
    Matthyus likes this.
  13. Te_Wheke

Te_Wheke Rookie

PSN ID
    Te_Wheke_NZ
    You did a good job @Matthyus given the difficult first up circumstances.

FWIW I tried to set-up a practice lobby on Friday but after the 3rd try with one of the settings being incorrect I threw in the towel.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  14. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    That was hard work for me so I was happy to finish 6th in both races as it could have been a lot worse, I did end up one spot down after Johno's error but that is racing and I took a lot of positives out of the round.
    1. Div 4 are an awesome bunch of guys who don't mind rubbing but are clean and honest drivers.
    2. I didn't crack under pressure which is a massive bonus after season 1.
    3. Div 4 are an awesome bunch of guys who don't mind rubbing but are clean and honest drivers.

Well done to the drivers on the podium and bad luck to the guys having connection issues, don't worry about the setup problems @Matthyus, these things happen and it's all a learning experience, I do think qualification was called short though as a couple of us hadn't finished our final lap so I'll just get @Hatfield to clarify....

Is qualification 10 minutes or is it the end of the lap if you start it before the 10 minute period is up?
    And on another matter do you need to pull of the track and stop to redress or can you drive on at a reduced pace until the other driver has passed? @Matthyus stopped to redress where I think the better option is to reduce speed but we need clarification here.
  15. LennonLegend1993

:x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::inlove:
    AroGantz likes this.
  16. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    What can I say but we are a close group :p
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  17. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Always thought it was you finish your current lap that was started before the 10mins was up.
    AroGantz likes this.
  18. LennonLegend1993

Room for one more?:cool:
  19. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Nah, you're too fast.
  20. LennonLegend1993

I was only 5 seconds faster in race 1.. :p