What car do you drive in real life?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Juzzo, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Looks great Bryan. Such a good looking bit of kit. This is my car below. 2006 Audi tt 2 litre FWD such a fun car to drive. Apart from replacing a dead battery it's been great. Fun fact found this car for sale at $16k 6 months ago and ended up buying it for $11k overall i was pretty happy.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Your pics are not showing
  3. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Fixed it @Bryan_F everyone should be able to see them now :D.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    REVO_Bryan and SPL Racing like this.
  4. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Thats fair enough - I love the hatches just never really seen or looked at the S1 :)
  5. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I drive a 2003 Camry Sportivo...and it drives like the Oxymoron (camry/ sports) it is. In all honesty its not that bad, non-drivers who drive it wow at the power (112kw) - but it doesn't tell me it wants to go to the track. The missus found it after I got insurance for my skyline, she was pregnant with our first kid, and my biggest want in a car was a better power to weight of 10:1.

The '92 R32 GTST Skyline I had did, bought it with various customisations, only running 8psi and making 160kw but never ended turning it up before it got stolen...it regularly screamed (complete with BOV) to be taken to the track. Was hilarious teaching my younger bro how to not granny shift and get the BOV working.

My old '93 Prelude I had before that was a track car before I owned it...and ended up with lots of money needing to be thrown at it just to keep it running - but with 4 wheel steer and being very light it wanted to race all day.

I ride a '98 CBR900RR Fireblade (and a CBR250RR before it) and it blitzs everything I have ever driven. 100in 1st, 160 in second and I haven't topped out 5th or 6th. And serious enough speed that I don't mention top speed around the missus, who thinks 160 is a bit insane. Technically the torque chart maxes out at 250, but I haven't done that.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  6. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Sucks that your R32 got knicked, ever catch the theif?
  7. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Might be tough to catch him in the Camry
    CaptainRisky21 and CAB77 like this.
  8. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Car never found, one of the 2 guys was jailed for other warrents...When talking to the police for the insurance, I asked them to leave my mobile number on record to be contacted if it gets found. My brother is a cop and looked up the record - number is still there, car never found.

When it was stolen, I was up at the gold coast with no mobile (was in car), so I called Dad because I remember his number off by heart - he called my bro who took me to the usual spots where cars get dumped after joyrides - not at any of them.

My partners brother is regularly at Queensland Raceway drifting his Silvia (forget the new car he drifts) - said they never check VINS, but he goes and has a stickybeak under the hood of any maroon R32, because there was custom intercooler piping he hadn't seen done before, reckons he would recognise it - but hasn't seen it.

Its the one in my profile pic, had 5% tint, too low, too loud exhaust and music, BOV that isn't allowed in NSW - seemingly a cop magnet, though during my first test drive I drove past a cop who didn't seem to care about any of that, despite the p plates. That sealed the deal for me, after my previous Prelude seemed to be a warning beacon to cops!

Took a year for insurance to be paid, in which time the car went through a toll road twice, and the theives got a ticket while in the car for disturbing the peace (drinking in a car park), but never taken in - the stolen plates database wasn't updated for a week, and they had a NSW warrant for him but the QLD cops didn't know that. Toll cameras don't check stolen cars i found. Insurance company said no 3 times - I had only recently bought/ insured it and insured it for more than I bought it (market value, I got a good deal cause I bought my CBR250RR at the same time). Turns out when they say no, and I said I'm not happy with that - what do I do, he said I will put you through to my manager, tell him you would like a review of the decision. Rinse and repeat when same thing happens. An "insurance adjuster" came out to interview me - and recorded the interview - so I recorded too, and got Dad to be there. Quite intimidating for a young me! I eventually got my excess back too, when the guy went to court and was jailed. I can see why/ how people get insurance denied, would have been easy to give up at so many points, I had to chase up police and insurance company countless times.

So yeah, would love to have my R32 back. I did try...

Edit...pretty chuffed to see the R32 added to GTS ;)
  9. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I have no words, thats awful. At leaat you can replicate it in GTS
    Tristan Jones and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you mean GTA
    CaptainRisky21 and Tristan Jones like this.
  11. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I bought it straight away after the GTS update and gave it the same colour - but didn't quite replicate - maxed out the power and put RSS tyres on it. Seems less tail happy than IRL ;)
    IRL that car gave me a road trip moment my partner and I will never forget...pulling out onto a banked highway road from a servo I floored it...and when I crossed the peak in the centre of the road it almost went 90 degrees sideways...but I somehow pulled it straight back, making it look perfectly deliberate, the look on my partners face that was a cross between shock and huge grin was priceless!

At least I didn't get thrown out of the car!
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  12. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
  13. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I flatted with a guy who had a few 300ZX...he knows them back to front!! Was that TT or NA? He still has one for sale...
  14. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    That is so clean! Or was so clean...
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  15. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Was a TT slicktop ...awesome power, scary in the wet ...fun scary! Engine bay a nightmare to work in so not missing that part. Awesome car and would love another. Another project atm though :)
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  16. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
  17. autech91

autech91 Professional

We had a few show up to a dyno day once, every single one of them with next to nothing done to them was cranking out over 300kw atw, that was on a real low reading dyno too. Cool cars.
  18. autech91

autech91 Professional

Here's my car, recently had to buy a car for the first time in 10 years or so after only having company vehicles, this is a company vehicle but it for my own company so it's a bit different. Wanted something manual, economical, easy to park and fun in the corners.
    Ended up with my 2nd Autech tuned vehicle, had her for 8 months and love carving up the twisties in it while getting paid to do so.
    Car comes out with a tickled 1.2 engine, chassis stiffening, different interior, LSD box etc etc. Nice little sleeper that can hold it's own when the road gets interesting. Not many people like the looks of it but I've always thought they were a funky little car and the Autech body kit does just enough to make it stand out from the Nanna spec ones. JDM yo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Here’s my coon
    Yes the paint chipped on passenger door I cry too
    [​IMG]
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  20. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional