Division 3 - Season 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Retired Nathan Hacket

Really need to practice more. Not sure when you guys switched tyres but I switched at lap 7 and could not handle the puddles at all.

Pretty awesome looking crash on the first lap though.

Well done to the podium.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  2. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Sounds like I made the right decision haha. Even though I've been disqualified for starting on the wrong tyres whoops:roflmao: oh well
  3. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I stayed on wets for the whole race
  4. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    Hi all,
    Sorry for the incident on lap 1 last night. I was leading the pack and went to go from 5th into 6th, but instead pulled 2nd gear. I had a massive compression lock up and an instance lose. All I remember is the carnage that followed, with my car rolling multiple times, and car parts scattered all over the track. I do also remember seeing another car on its roof. I lost my bonnet, and my front and side windscreens were shattered, which made it extremely difficult to see throughout the race.

I will not challenge any penalties that are imposed on myself.
    stucar17, Ant_427 and Anthonyb like this.
  5. Ant_427

Ant_427 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antlloyd76
    Well that was an interesting 1st lap. Qualified 3rd behind Glenn and Ant. We all got a clean start and were heading down to the braking zone to turn 3, when out of the mist appeared a car rolling backwards across the track. Didn't even have time to react before sending it into orbit, then got hit up the rear also sending me into a combination of flips and spins. As I began to rejoin the track, which resembled a wrecking yard, I made contact with Nathan flipping him over. Sorry mate definitely not intentional. At this stage I was also waiting for a call to restart.
    The rest of the race was a write off-trying to play catch up to cars 15 seconds down the road in those conditions was never going to be easy. Oh well, on to the next one, hopefully with a little less carnage.
    stucar17, Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  6. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  7. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Thanks for that dj
    dj2ca and Anthonyb like this.
  8. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Sorry fellow div3 racers. I'm away for work again this Sunday night. Good luck everyone.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  9. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I’m gonna make a prediction that I’m gonna fall even further down the ladder after Long Beach...
  10. Anthonyb

Tough track could be a interesting race
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ROUND 6 : LONG BEACH : 31 LAPS : 1/6/18
    - Qual Time - @ 5pm - (1 weather slot - Hazy)
    - Race Time - @ 6pm - Clear / Light Cloud / Med Cloud / Heavy Cloud
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : Real
    - TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    [​IMG]

Alright all.....sorry for delay with this, and apologies havent been around much.... real life and all !
    So, Long Beach, Track is pretty straight forward....Only a few things to be aware of and will out line below..... Seems is a tough place to pass, so, as always make sure you dont get desperate and make the pass through contact..

FUEL : At this stage we will still run FUEL BURN on REAL. If anyone sees an issue with a full length race then let me know. Seems that patch has worked on all tracks so far ! Qual it seem there is only enough for about 7 mins of track time so if you want to go into the pits to take fuel you can....remember to drive in and select amount, if you exit to pits you will get the 60L

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

ROUND 5 ISSUES : 0 protests, great job from everyone across all 4 divs.
    A reminder though to
    make sure you clear all your replays so you have room to save the race. Also PLEASE MAKE SURE you have your pit locator on, and i would strongly advise (again) that you have a "pit request" button mapped.

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. GIve plenty of room, especially into the turn 2 'roundabout' on lap 1. A crash there could block the track....race restarts up to room host.

TRACK LIMITS : There is only 1 spot where track limits can be exploited, that is turn 4 (59 sec on Juzzy hotlap vid) , where there is a ripple strip on the inside. Drivers missing the ripple strip to the right will be deemed outside track limits and will be penalised if continual. For the rest of the track, the wall will define the track edge, EVEN ON THE RUN INTO TURN 1. Read pit exit info for more info on turn 1 entry.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. The obvious places here are TURN 1, and the end of the back straight. Is a tough track to pass, so should give some great 'racing'

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : You will need to save a Mustang strategy, with 1L of fuel, tyres of choice and turn off all damage repairs. This stop should come up as 'about' 20 sec, however the stopwatch will stop at about 15 sec. Make sure you select that strategy before you go to the track in qual, and then check it in the ready up screen before race start.
    More info in the pitstop thread http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/pcars-2-pitstop-thread.3094/

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. Is a very long lane, make sure you stay in the fast lane to get to your pit bay. Dont drive through the pit bays unless all clear ;)
    PIT ENTRY : Is quite tough to get in, as the entry is to the right, just after the exit of the final hairpin. Make sure you practise it a few times so you know exactly where it is, and know you don't have much time before you hit the control line (only about 25m).
    PIT EXIT : IS A LONG EXIT AND YOU MUST STAY BETWEEN THE WALL AND YELLOW LINE ALL THE WAY TILL TURN 1. IF YOU CUT THE YELLOW LINE YOU RISK AN IN GAME PENALTY.
    On pit exit, I brake for T1 just as i hit the yellow line that crosses the pit exit (about 41 sec on juzzys hot lap vid)
    - Drivers NOT exiting pit lane (ie, normal race lap) MAY use the pit lane as normal track on the entry to turn 1, HOWEVER, cars exiting pit lane have right of way as they exit the lane.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Ad2mny and Garyw61. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    Ad2mny, Ant_427 and Anthonyb like this.
  12. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Good race all, :):):):):) of a track this one xD lets never race it again ;)

Must say hats off to familar from starting at the back of the grid and coming in second.? I wasn't pushing hard to avoid spinning out but I could see you narrow that 15sec margin relatively quickly and when it came down to 4secs I was like ok its now or never gotta push the car to godly limits now! Those limits didn't last long as I span on the first corner!

From about lap 20 onwards I was spinning the car without even trying

Stim and Ant for cracking 24s and 25s is godly and have nfi where you find that speed (yet) xD

Well done the top 3, and sorry for those who dropped out :/ was a :):):):):) of a lobby to start tonight
    Ant_427, Ad2mny, Telum and 1 other person like this.
  13. Anthonyb

Thanks for a good race all must have been some server issues tonight withh all the problems we where having.
    Happy with qually not quite a pb for me but getting there where glenn got that time from no idea well done mate.
    When the race finally started just wanted to stay on the back of glenn and with heavy fuel load the gap float around the second I slowly started to close it up a little and the he spun at turn 9 I think letting me past.
    After that I slowly built a gap and tryed to stay out of trouble no spins was the answer and lucky for me I didn't spin.
    Well done familia great result and effort starting rear of field and finishing second. Well done glenn holding on to 3rd you had great pace.
    Unluck to everyone who dsc tonight was a crap night for that.
    Big thank you to anyone i lapped tonight everyone gave heaps of room and kept on racing great effort everyone.
    See you on track
    Ant
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]
    Familia given last grid position after constantly DSC from lobby.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7 Antloyd DSC (wheel issues)
    8 Nathan DSC

Was not surprised at the poor result. Had more spins than I could count without taking my shoes off. When I could put a whole lap together I could keep up with the guys lapping me but the final turn and the first left were killers for me.

Well done to the podium.
    Anthonyb and AOCleaner74 like this.
  15. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    Started from the back. Was involved in a 3 way battle with Low and Nathan on lap 2 and figured I'd pit straight away to get some clean air. Only pass I made was on Ads into turn 1. Gee I love that corner. Love the bumps and hunting for the apex. Rest of the race was pretty straightforward made 1 small error which brought estd back on my bumper but kept it pointing the right way. Thought we were on for a close fight there estd but wasn't to be. Then Glen pitted last lap so inherited 2nd.

Thanks for restarting the room too my connection with Ads isn't v good.
  16. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    Co
    Congrats Ant on the win.
    I couldn't maintain your pace in the race. I seemed to have hardly any grip and made too many mistakes.
    My qualifying time did surprise me, and it was my pb. I mainly practiced for qualifying and had a strategy where I was consistently in the 1:24's (peaked too early, maybe I should have practiced more for the race).
    Ant_427, Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  17. Anthonyb

The track was slippery and slowly got more slippery. I got very little practice as well but was lucky enough to do a half race distance on sat night so I kind of had an idea of what to expect. Your qually time was second quickest of all divs I think. Great effort
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hey guys, generic post to all divs....

will try to get some laps in tonight and double check the regs for the enduro with time on X15 to make sure we get the 24Hr in...hope to get the driver briefing up tomorrow.... is a good track though that should give some great racing....

Anne has mentioned that her and Arnold have had differences of up to 30L of fuel in some of their prac runs so will try to look at it tonight... may be possibility of having to run with fuel burn off but will test tonight..
    Div 1 - good size grid, no need to look at possible merge
    Div 2 - numbers ???
    Div 3 - numbers ???
    Div 4 - numbers ???
    If we can merge small grids to get the numbers up we will, but will run a formation lap split into the separate divs as we did last season...stay tuned on that.....if drivers can confirm their intention to race or not would be good so we know where we can and cant merge...stay tuned....
    stu
    Ant_427 and Anthonyb like this.
  19. Anthonyb

In the words of juzzy I'll BE THERE
    Ant_427 likes this.
  20. Ant_427

Ant_427 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antlloyd76
    I’ll be there
    Anthonyb likes this.