GT Sport Season 2 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Good race @Luke on your first win in your first season. Hope many more (not too many though:p) are on the horizon for you.

I started this race very unsure as my pace on the wheel was 1 - 2s behind my controller pace. So after doing a full practice on Monday and then messing about on Wednesday and Sat, I was still that far behind. I created the room early to get some early practice in and attempt to warm up and get those nerves out of the way.
    Also @incey , nice mind games :D:thumbsup:

QUAL -
    As host I started at the rear of the pack to ensure I had the Qual timer set right and the message send to all. This afforded me some valuable track space. Yes I lost a lap of Qual, but oh well.
    To my surprise my first lap was good and got me 4th. I was feeling good about the 2nd and got 2nd. 3rd lap just cemented 2nd spot, reducing Deltrons pole to .4s gap. I was super surprised to be on the front line as this is the first time I've been that high in Qual without Reverse Grid. The Nerves are Real!! :cautious:
    RACE -
    First corner was tight, but manageable side by side racing with the pack slotting in nicely and I was able to maintain 2nd out of it.
    As @Antmeg26 mentioned earlier, yup they were all over me for the first few laps, but I held on and focused on my laps hoping that they would cause themselves issues and it happened. Not 100% of how it did, but I grew the gap between myself and 3rd. However the gap between Deltron and I just kept growing. I was hitting my 2.09 - 2.10 times, but I just couldn't keep up. By the time that our pit stops came up the gap was quite decent. ~10s.
    Pit Strategy was 14RM, 10RS, 10RS & 10RS.
    I think I pitted first, but I knew that Deltron would need to pit soon, so wasn't too worried and alas he did. On his outlap I think at the last cichane he spun it badly or lost control and veered in to the pits once again. I saw this as my chance to step up and take first, which I did :)
    From here until my next pit stop I remained in the lead, some solid 6 or so laps. I pitted but he didn't, so this put Deltron back in the lead, however he needed to pit again to stick to his 2 pit stop that I noticed he was going to be doing, so I stole it back. I still needed 1 more pit, however I didn't want to give up the lead, so I was pushing hard to open the gap up, but I couldn't keep up with his pace. I pitted on 34 and he took a narrow lead into the last 10 laps.
    I was catching, however I had my first off doing a 720 spin out of the fast right hander just before the last cichane, taking out the 100M brake marker (sorry everyone:oops:). This was almost a nail in the coffin but managed to only lose 5 or so secs, increasing the gap to about 20s.
    Next lap was another minor off, widening the gap to nearly 30s. I felt at this point, Settle down and focus, 2nd is mine.
    Luckily, I had a nice large gap to 3rd (20s+), so wasn't in a pressure situation so I was able to focus and start hitting my lap markers again.
    I had about 8 laps to go and by race end only had a gap of 7s to Deltron, holding on with his coasters :D

Aside from the internal struggle for strategy to keep me busy, I had a quiet night. Long, but quiet.

Thank you to all who were accommodating of the time change for the Endro round. We finished almost smack on our regular finish time.

Kind of looking forward to Brands, only kinda...:cautious:
  2. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Good catching up on peoples race experiences, gives a good idea of the race :)
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I made some clean passes there, you just have to allow room.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    difference I suppose is that degner is a double right and so if you are on the left you are at more risk than the driver on the right. Whereas at Kyoto, it is a right-left and being on the left is less of a risk when you actually get to the narrow part of the circuit. You just managed to get me before the danger moved to your car lol
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I made no secret about my views of this track but after a heap of yesterday I at least felt comfortable if not confident and qually went as expected with me in 12th place. The race itself started quite well with Kieran letting me through just after the esses and I was off after the pack who once again were very well behaved in tight quarters, inzyman was kind enough to go off track not long after with fez (I think) and I was sitting in 9th and still in touch, the car was feeling good, I was hitting my marks and was generally content ....... Then something happened on lap 5 or 6 and all grip disappeared, my first thought was tyres but mediums don't go off that fast, my son got home around the same time so quite possibly his playstation was the culprit but whatever it was I lost all turn in and was struggling even in lower gears. The soft tyres were better but still not there like they should be so I was destined to just kill through the best I could. I had one major incident at the chicane which speared me across the road straight in front of Ant, sorry mate, and a couple of battles with Ant and Kieran but I was flogging a dead horse and was destined to have a quiet race at the back until I saw Luke coming up to lap me and I had an off at the esses, I crawled out to allow him to pass with no issues only to find I had pace and was all over him, I had the dilemma of trying to unlap myself while not taking the leader out.

I'm glad that one is behind us.
  6. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Pretty close up top in the league coming into the final two races, need a good showing in my home track at Brands as I am fookin shocking at Bathurst.
    Antmeg26, Luke and Matthyus like this.
  7. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I love Bathurst, I can put up with brown snatch as well, in fact monza and Suzuka are my hated ones this season.
    Antmeg26 likes this.
  8. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    Bloody hell my nerves were shot going into that race. Got behind the wheel about an hour before qualy and could not for the life of me find the times I had been hitting comfortably the night before. Then I started overdriving to find the pace which only brought on plenty crashes haha. This trend continued till about 20mins before qualy when I finally managed to lock into a solid pace for me.
    Qualy's pretty much went without a hitch. Got a solid first lap in which then gave me a chance to really go for it on the next laps.
    Just as @johnnoclint was going through the process of setting up the race I had the feeling like I could go a piss right now lol. Dawned on me that I'd totally missed my opportunity and was gonna have to just hold it for the next 2 hours . Had to block out the distractions and just focus on taking off with the wheel set in the right direction (last two races the wheel has spun a full 360° on me as I'm sitting off track waiting for qualy to end without noticing ).
    Race was goin as to plan, with me holding the lead through lap1. I was then able to settle into some strong laps as I watched the battles take place behind me which only helped me up front. Pit strategy was 14rm, 15rs(fuel on 2), 15rs(fuel on 2). Got to about lap 18, things goin good, then I got caught looking at lap times goin into the last chicane. Totally missed the brake point, slammed hard into the tyres. Pitted to fix the damage. Got back out, stuck to my strategy, couldn't think quick enough to change it on the fly. Johnnoclint passed me during all the craziness but as he was too far ahead of me to battle with I chose not to pay too much attention to it, focusing on my race and nailing my laps and hoping everything works itself out in the end. Managaed to take back the lead through strategies, offs etc. Turned out to be a fairly quiet night for me, the biggest battle I fought was with my nerves and bladder haha.

Actually with only a few laps to go the race got very interesting. I had completely worn my tyres and was limping home when arogantz who I had not long ago lapped caught back up to me. Massive massive thanks to you buddy for not bumping my slow bus off the track haha. That could've been my first place taken away from me right then.

Big thanks to all that congratulated me on my first win! Well done to johnnoclint and jc on the podiums and well done all for just making it through the enduro round.
    Oh and massive thanks again johnnoclint for hosting.
    Russell, Antmeg26, skintsaint and 3 others like this.
  9. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Mate, you have no idea how I was stressing behind you, I guessed you were limping and I would have felt so much better if you were doing it behind me :p

I also had the toilet thought as Johno was setting up, I'll plan that better next season.
    Antmeg26 likes this.
  10. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Antmeg26 likes this.
  11. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I find the toilet comment mildly amusing. Coming from a background of content pushing guild in WOW, it's trained into us to ensure we don't take breaks during a run.
    But well done on holding on:p
    Antmeg26 likes this.
  12. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I did a 2.5 stopper. For some silly reason I decided not to change my RM tyres in my splash and dash final stop. I required 4 more laps of fuel so just decided to just pit for fuel. I could've easily put on new RS and would've been in a better position. Instead I was on heavily worn RM tyres and just managed to finish 6th by 0.3 seconds (the guy behind me steadily caught me from 16s back as I came out of pits).

Unlucky with your off at Degner. I knew that was never going to be a place for anyone to overtake so kept on the inside and survived :)
    Antmeg26 likes this.
  13. Jcp

Jcp Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jcprater
    Yeah. I had few looks down there against you and decided better of it. Then I really wasn't close enough anywhere else.
    Antmeg26 likes this.
  14. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    is the brand's night race? it says "20:30 Sunny" in OP, shouldn't it be moony instead?
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  15. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    lol

After a few laps, I did think it was a bit light for 20:30, even with daylight savings - Much better than the night setting at Bathurst!
  16. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

could be UK summer time.......gets dark about 10pm!
    Mezign likes this.
  17. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Yup. I recall somewhere reading that Brands Hatch is modeled in late June, so sunset would be at 9:30pm'ish.
  18. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    since we can't have a wet race, we should at least have a proper night race instead.
    Tristan Jones and xlxy90 like this.
  19. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Bathurst is definitely night.
  20. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    [​IMG]

Wow this 1 is going down to the wire. @Jcp leading the way without a race win. Very nice consistency!!!