Thrustmaster About to blow up

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by PaulCox, Mar 3, 2018.

1. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Just got my 3rd t300 from pagnian ...well that was fun played for 1 hour 45 minutes approx n it just shut off again, returning both broken wheels asking for a refund since it under warranty, n maybe try the t500.......any suggestions
  2. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Yeah I went to the t500 after having the same issues and not once have I had a problem since, just need to get a kit for the paddles to rotate with the wheel.
    PaulCox likes this.
  3. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Told them i dont want another t300 and a replacement to the t500 or refund will be required.
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  4. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Might sound a bit silly, but it could be that the power cable isn't fully plugged in. I was having the same problem with my T300 when I first got it and after reading around for a bit for a solution, found out that the power cable needs quite a firm press to be properly connected.
  5. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    nar because it actually wont start back up again untill it cools down, no matter how many time i plug it in and i have 3 playstations i have tried them all
  6. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    I don't own a T300 but I had a quick google search and people have said getting a small USB fan and putting it right in front of the cooling outlets helps massively. Also reducing FFB down to 25-30% saved the motor from overheating.
    PaulCox likes this.
  7. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Thank you for your effort and research mate :) but i spent in over 1500 bux buying these new not to mention the cockpits n shifters and another ps4, while under warantee and all less than 3 months old i expect i shouldn't have to mount extra fans and run my wheel at 3/4 of what it should do.
    if these are regular problems than it SHOULD NOT be up to the consumer to fix.

if i want a weak wheel il go to a controller
  8. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Bit concerning to read this, as i was really sold on getting the t300 GT wheel.. i really dislike the g29 so im torn on what to do.
  9. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Second hand t500 will be around same price as new t300
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    new g29 has 2 yrs warranty. just buy one from an outlet like jb hifi and if you have any problems, return for on the stop replacement and a fresh 2 yr warranty
    SUBGTRACER and PaulCox like this.
  11. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    if u get a t300 with any wheel but the standard there about the same price eg alcentara

And t500 is now discontinued with no stock left
  12. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    just got my third g29 under warranty today, i'll keep doing that til i can afford a fanatec
  13. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I have been thinking about a replacement/upgrade for my trusty old G25. Not that there's anything wrong with it, just missing some of the wheel upholstery and is a bit, well actually quite noisy....

Been monitoring what's good and what's not for a while. Up until this was thinking maybe a t300 was a good option....

Like you @incey now I think I'll hang out for fanatec. The CSL elite wheel advanced pack (w. load cell brake) is little more than a t500 has good reviews so seems like a good option especially seeing as I already have the fanatec CS SQ1.5 shifter.

https://www.fanatec.com/au-en/bundl...m_campaign=Catalog AU&utm_content=remarketing
    incey likes this.
  14. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    When there working i love the t300, as someone stated eleswere may have been old stock but im still thinking i may have an issue as the temps have dropped from 40 to 20 in the last week at my home and problems seemed to have stopped. Hope they dont pop back up on the next hot day
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    T300 couldn't handle high FF and high room temps. Didn't want to race low FF in aircon so it was never gonna work for me
    PaulCox and KoAStR like this.
  16. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    seems to be my exact problem thanks mate
  17. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I don't have an issue with mine now I have the new wheel and I had to have a fan on as well as the air con for Suzuka, my rig is next to a north facing window, my FFB isn't extreme though on 3 and 6.
  18. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    having to run extra fans with aircon and on low ffb settings tells me there seems to be an issue....if u take away thoes fans does the wheel work..if not its not fixed at all. Im not happy buying new expensive things then having to find ways to make them work....should just work from the get go
    KoAStR likes this.
  19. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    The fan was for me not the wheel and I turned the FFB up again yesterday without issue. I'm not denying there is a problem but my issue was definitely with the stock wheel and not heat/FFB related. I can't fault it since I bought the new wheel. If Fanatec was supported when I bought my wheel I probably would have went that way though.
  20. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    ok i guess i should be more specific.. when i say wheel im talking the wheel base it self...my actual wheel it self iv had no issues...its the base which keeps switching off