GT Sport Season 2 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    It sure is.
    It's going to make the last 2 races very interesting.
    For me, Brands is going to be a race to stay well away from the edges. That grass is deadly.
    For Bathurst, its the top of the mountain and the follow through that always does me in.
    It truly is anyone's title this season. the Top 6 or maybe more have a solid chance at victory.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  2. Jcp

Jcp Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jcprater
    Yeah It's very close. Brands is very high risk with not alot of passing spots. I've really gotta be on the edge for a quick time.
    Matthyus likes this.
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    even closer if you factor drop rounds
  4. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Time to take the sandbags back out @incey
    Ozglenn likes this.
  5. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

If I was a betting man - Incey to win and Luke for each way bet ;)
    But I am not, I suck at betting haha
  6. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Hey all,
    Apologies once again that I haven't been present at many rounds, I have been flat out most weekend either with work or helping out at Barbagallo. Unlikely I will be available for this weekend as I will be at the classic car show at Ascot proudly showing off the Uni race car (the same one in my rooz avatar).

Side note: as i realise a lot of people from this div are from WA and are keen for a meet up of some kind sooner or later (as am I), there's a race meeting this Saturday (17th March) at Barbagallo Raceway. Its our second of three "Nightmasters" events for the year, with Qualifying getting underway at Midday, and racing from 1:30pm with the event finishing by 10pm. I'll post the link for the Facebook event with the full timetable at the bottom of the post.

If anyone is interested in coming, there's a $15 entry fee, however if you get there before 11am, you'll likely be able to get in for free before security set up. As I will be a flaggie on Saturday, the best time for a meet up would be before 11:30am, during the dinner break (6pm-ish), or post racing (after 10pm).

As I mentioned earlier, I will also be at the classic car show on Sunday at Ascot Race Course (the boring horsey one) proudly displaying the Uni car for anyone interested.

Link to the Nightmasters event: https://www.facebook.com/events/281172972414108/
  7. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    DLS finishes in 2 weeks Nathan so it'll be easier for you in season 3.
  8. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i think they got filled even more around the sandtraps at Suzuka
  9. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Ok more practice needed on this track after last nights woes, strugging to get to other peoples lap time while on a softer tyre. Keep spinning on one part of the track too. Might be a long Sunday at this rate :/
  10. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    That was a fun race...but g you were catching me quick in a few places!

I am funny on softs here too...RM I can now get 1:31 most laps, and 1:30.5 within a few laps - but even offline I get little improvement on RS, on track to get optimum 1:29.5 but then one sector lets me down and 1:30 is my best - and i go off track on RS more often too.

More online RS practise tis the answer methinx.

This track is starting to grow on me...but this track and I don't have a fun history. . . maybe it is a bit nicer in this car than others?
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 6 : Brands Hatch GP - 31 laps - 20:30 Sunny

[​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. Be careful with turns Graham Hill, Westfield, & Sheene's

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RH or RM tyres. But may pit to change to a maximum compound of RS during the race.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is different here as there is an S bend on entry that you need to slow down for. I advise you practice so as not to be driven straight through.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  12. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Yeah that proved that just staying on the track is better than trying to thrash out another half sec each lap to get quicker! haha, spun it 3 times outta 5 at Sheens ....crazy. I feel this could be another Monza style performance for me! So little room for error on those quicker corners.
  13. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Sheens is a tough corner. But made a little easier if you put your tires on the inside rumble strip, otherwise you need to drop way too much speed or go wide risking the deadly grass to the left. Just be careful of your cut on that corner as hat mentioned above.
    Tristan Jones and skintsaint like this.
  14. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Westfields is the one that gets me. If I miss it, I brake late or don't get onto the ripple strip. If you do that, you lose soo much speed braking after the apex to stop going wide into the sand, and you feel the extra loss of speed right up to the sheens apex - and that makes you double guess about how much to brake for sheens.
  15. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

The whole Westfield - Sheens part of the track I don't think I've ever done without one slight mistake.
  16. Jcp

Jcp Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jcprater
    Yeah. I find getting the right line out of dingo dell and the turn in point for sheens the trickiest.
  17. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Gunna bonnet cam watch you next time we in the same room if on before Sunday. You fly round.
    Jcp likes this.
  18. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    The first four corners are going to need to be clean here, after that you can sort of settle into a rhythm but there is lots of heartbreak leading up to Surtees.
    skintsaint likes this.
  19. Jcp

Jcp Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jcprater
    My nbn had better hold up tonight. Have had 4 drop outs today. :mad:
  20. Te_Wheke

Te_Wheke Rookie

PSN ID
    Te_Wheke_NZ
    I'm deep in the dog box so playing video games (but babe it's sim racing not a video game) tonight will not go down well, I have to bow out for tonight I'm sorry.
    Luke likes this.