Cockpit Show us your Simulator Cockpit setup

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by KoAStR, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

2. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Awsome man, same as me im really looking foward to seeing how u enjoy ur motion platform as i been thinking of buying aswell :)
  3. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

I've experienced it once already at a local VR arcade and I must admit it adds a whole lot to the "realism" factor. Wether or not it's worth the $4k is totally subjective but to me I think it is. Once I actually get it I'll give you an update.

How did you find your GTUltimate to put together?
    PaulCox likes this.
  4. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Thanks mate :)....GT ultimate was alot easier then the GTF1 to put together and adjust i can assure u. Bu ti gota say im 6 foot with the seat as far foward as i can get, and wheel "in and up" if you know what i mean...and wouldnt be able to use it if i was any shorter. AND thats using the half a foot back pillow they give u.

if yu use it all the time i can see it being worth it...but as i dont have 1, i have a feeling that most the time it would be turned off but great when the mates are around...just cant see me getting smashed around for 4 hours a day lol...but ill get it anyays in the new year:) Wife wont let me buy anything eles till i have MElb F1 sorted

PS on the F1GT i had to buy new bolts, because as me n the wife are different sizes it took about 12 changes to get me into it and the allan key bolts stripped real easy....no problem 20 bux worth of new "bolts" tho
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  5. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Alright so the missus bought me a seat, look forward to getting to use it. Feels good to sit in. Now to buy another Monitor/TV, wall mount and set it all up ...this :):):):) aint cheeeeeep :roflmao:

[​IMG]
  6. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Nice.
    Forget the TV / Monitor, if you are on a PC get the Oculus Rift :p
  7. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

PS4 but guess could hook up to my PC as well :thumbsdown::thumbsup:
    Bogor likes this.
  8. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

got a new seat during the week... pretty stoked with how comfy it is! Now lets hope it delivers some PB's too :)

[​IMG]
  9. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    What seat is that??
  10. Rolz

Was just a no name brand I got on gumtree new for $95... will share link when fellow puts it up again... looks like he imports and then just hocks off
    CAB77 likes this.
  11. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Ok cool thanks
    Rolz likes this.
  12. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    The seat looks as if it is a vision racer cockpit seat......... I have the seat and the rest of the cockpit ....

$95 is great value ..... please put the link up bud when you can .
  13. Rolz

Yeah the fellow hasn't put the link back up on Gumtree... yes it's a Vision Racer seat.
  14. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Thanks Rolz .......
  15. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Excuse the mess...this is my rig I got yesterday and set up after the kids were in bed.

T300RS, T3PA pedals and wheel stand pro thanks to @leeboy910.

Tried practising this weeks GT Sport league race - Bathurst at night in a Gr4 Mustang. My times are still well behind the others, but thinking I will still run the wheel on Sunday.

I had a bungee cord wheel that I used for GT1 - never knew the difference between that and FFB back then (I suspect my Dad, who bought it did, anyone know what a FFB wheel cost back then though! The arcades have been the only place I have seen wheels like this, good ol sega rally and daytona the staples locally.

I was a bit puzzled when I saw all the components in the box, but logic and google helped, and ended up with this all set up. Started out resigning myself to the fact I have no sound - usually my headset is plugged into my controller - but the wheel has no headphone jack. After a few laps I googled and found I can just sign in with my controller once the wheel is signed in and I have sound again. With renewed energy, I did some more laps and started to cut 5 seconds off every lap for a while. I started to appreciate more and more what the little movements mean, when feedback is so consistant the an absence of feedback when letting off before braking is telling by itself, and feels like floating. The most amazing and accurate feeling I found though, is the replication of ABS jitter. I probably experience it more often than I should IRL (my excuse is no load and worn tyres on my ute), but recognised the feeling through the wheel immediately, quite amazing that it is the wheel and not the brake pedal that the sensation is delivered through. It is a wonder what tech can do these days, does anyone else have some wow experiences like that with their rig?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So happy with this!

I saw some reviews about loose screws on the wheel and overheating of the motor - though mine seems nice and tight, and after an hour or 2 wasn't anything more than mildly warm - ceiling fan was on and door open, maybe not an issue till summer hits again.

PS I have I don't have a PS4 Pro - is there anyway to make use of my 5.1 sound? I have an ancient monitor with a HDMI-DVI adaptor so no sound from there, and monitor doesn't have speakers anyway - so headset plugged into my controller is my only sound - though I bought a bluetooth keyboard (plugs into controller) that I found also has a speaker, so I can get quiet sound out of that. Now that I think about it, can I have a HDMI double adaptor out from PS4, into monitor and computer?
  16. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    My wow moment was the buttkicker, when I first ran it I felt the road noise through my pedal base, it was and still is incredible.

And yes you can use a hdmi splitter, they are quite cheap on ebay.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  17. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Mate, get yourself to Good guys and grab a $250 32 inch TV at least!......not sure how you can enjoy it on that monitor!
    I got same wheel and pedal setup. Improves the game ten fold!! Still crap though.
  18. Rolz

Kogan has a 40" for $280 plus delivery... :)
    skintsaint likes this.
  19. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I haven't researched this TV but at that price it most likely had woeful input lag, input latency is second only to the net latency to really be in the game.
  20. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

8.5ms if I'm looking at right TV.