On the track

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by OuttaAngst, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    They both have good points, but you are right. Plus it's like a full hour closer (or more) to me than Barb
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Paul Stokell did this one, and he charged $135. You do 4-5 10min runs over 4hrs. Mostly in between runs you try and get into another car. I had 3 passengers for 1 run, bloody hilarious. The next one is planned for June, no date locked in yet, but will let you know.
  3. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

[​IMG]
    Round one of the QLD Excel Cup starting this weekend at Lakeside Raceway north of Brisbane.
    I will be taking part in my first real car Motorsport event outside of Sim racing.
    So if you are in the vicinity Saturday or Sunday be sure to come and check it out.
    Heaps of other cars running such as, Formula Vee, Holden HQ, super karts and QLD production sports and touring cars.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

entry is $20.
    garyw61, Bogor, Peter Wise and 5 others like this.
  4. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Have fun and good luck.
  5. Adam Wyman

Adam Wyman Rookie

PSN ID
    adamwyman
    Went and had a look today, assumed there was an issue for the fi
    rst 2 races
  6. Adam Wyman

Adam Wyman Rookie

PSN ID
    adamwyman
  7. Benjamin J Smith

I spun lap 2 race one which put me back too the 2nd group, and i won that race so i moved back up to the back of the main grid, which i moved up too 13th in that race this morning
    Hatfield likes this.
  8. Adam Wyman

Adam Wyman Rookie

PSN ID
    adamwyman
    Oh okay, that makes sense. Was a bit confused by the format, but yea was a good drive in the 2nd group race. Were they split into 2 groups because the Queensland Prod Cars weren't there?
  9. Benjamin J Smith

yeah and for insurance reasons only 28 cars can be on track at lakeside and we had originally 33 cars enter
  10. Adam Wyman

Adam Wyman Rookie

PSN ID
    adamwyman
    Oh fair enough, loved the orange headlights btw. Looks mean. Good luck for the rest of the Cup.
  11. Benjamin J Smith

Awesome weekends racing for my first ever real car event, had a bad run in my first race after Qualifying 13th out of 33 cars, avoiding a car that I thought was making a last minute move in the braking zone, causing me to slide sideways and backwards into the grass which in end made my rear camber stand right up giving massive tire rub, ending my race.

Race 2 i was delegated to the front row of group 2 where I had an awesome battle the whole race with Holly Espray Racing, just holding her off to win the group 2 race. to gain entry back into the main race.

Sunday morning i would start 22nd, made a heap of passing maneuvers to find myself in 15th with Holly yet again pushing me to my new found limits, was catching the Battle group in front of us until there was a massive accident in the lead pack causing the race to be declared 3 laps short from the end.

The final race of the weekend, the 2 groups would be combined and i would start from 13th place, after all the first lap jostling for position had finished i found myself still in 13th where i spent 70% of the race looking for a place to pass the #8 and #35 cars, on lap 10 i got past and set my sights on catching the next group...

But with one lap left to run the race was yet again cut short due to another crash up front, I crossed the line in 9th place but due to the race being declared the results went back one lap and I finished 11th.

all in all it was a great first event in the RACEONOZ Excel, "technically" achieved my end goal of a top 10 - top 15 finish and came home with a straight car with only minor scuff marks, thanks to all the other competitors for the great racing, on to the next one at QR in a month.

Photos thanks too Action Sports Photography Australia and Matthew Paul Photography.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and my woops from race one

[​IMG]
    garyw61, Pringles_947, Bogor and 5 others like this.
  12. Benjamin J Smith

my first ever race that didn't go too well

3rd race where i came from the back of the grid too 13th

And the 4th and final race of the weekend 13th to 9th, but video was cut short
    natmanscoop, Bogor and Hatfield like this.
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    @t_b_williams and any other bris/gc residents:

SKIDPAN at Mt Cotton
    The next booked date is 16th June 2018 which is a Saturday Night – 4.30pm to 9pm under lights.
    The cost to use your own car is $135 and To use Paul’s Lotus Exige is a total of $235
    (If we get 4 or more people renting the Lotus – those renting will get $25 each back on the night. Discount from Paul !)

It will be the same format as before with 4 x 10min sessions, but being night time the track will stay far more consistent as the water won’t be evaporating
    As is the past, payment guarantees you a place. Please contact me asap if you wish to attend (this will fill quickly – night time on the Skidpan is awesome & Paul uses heaps of diesel)

PM me if keen and I'll pass on your email to the organiser.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  14. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    What are the rules with minors attending. My eldest would love you to be in the passenger seat.
  15. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    No problems. I've had my 10 year old down there.
  16. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Would a certain 17 old (at the time) about 3 or 4 days away from his P's be allowed to have a skid? Not naming any names.....:whistling::whistling:;)
  17. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Keen as to have a go...perhaps with my 4 year old...but let you know, not sure what car yet.
  18. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Not sure man, think you need your P's?? The guy who runs the event is Paul Stokell - check his website and read the fine print.

@Tristan Jones a RWD is the best for the skids man. There are AWD focus RS's that go alright, but they have drift mode.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  19. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I think you mentioned earlier in this thread about the possibility of getting into the support races for the Bathurst 6 hour? Just a query if you did mention it, is that a Qualification process or simply as easy as paying to enter?
  20. Benjamin J Smith

you need to have done 3 Cams events before they will let you race there so if im going to do it im looking towards 2020
    and each state has so many spots