GT-Sport [Completed] 15/4 Nascar style oval race

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Hatfield, Feb 21, 2018.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @Captain_Risky_21 didn't turn up but @CAB77 did so I will put him and @arakasi- . @colin-50_ didn't run as my team mate and mustafur was a free agent so I will team him with me in Redback racing.

Overall results

[​IMG]
  2. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Ozglenn, v8power383 and Viperzed like this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    You’re absolutely friggen useless @Randm90 FMD :roflmao:
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    VARDZ and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    What a race! Huge shoutout to my team mate @Kartdude45 for completing a gorgeous 1-2 on his GT Sport debut. I wasn't quite sure where the best strategy would lie but I guessed it would be somewhere near @Mustafur as I tailed him for a while. The cars around all quickly realised how useful the bump draft could be and I made a habit of it with a few other guys like @xlxy90 which made things a lot easier. In the end the battle with Mus and @CAB77 in the final 10 laps came down to who had the best position going to the line and having a rear gunner really helped stay there and we finished in formation! Congrats also to @Knuckles who rounded off the podium
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    We should do this again, maybe in July.
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    maybe on a saturday night?
    grassies likes this.
  8. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    I'd be keen. I'd be keen for one every month tho:D
    I am testing stuff to run another Indy500 style race in mid May, but that will be no boost and with tuning tho and on Fri or sat if anyone's intetested
    Mezign, Viperzed and emmo46 like this.
  9. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Id be keen for one less pitstop towards the end.
  10. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    The race that should have been in the bag. Bryan and I controlled the race right from the start forcing the pack together every time it expanded. We had the pace out front to hold off everyone else and unfortunately I got purposely wiped out with 5 laps to go ruining both our races. 2 hours wasted. Utterly disappointed in the immature on track attitude and poor racecraft of one driver. Regardless of personal relationships with other members its absolutely unacceptable to disregard respectful driving conduct, sportsmanship behaviour, and purposefully end another drivers race.

Thank you to everyone else for the great respect given on track and fun little battles that played out. 145 laps of great fun. Well done on the victory Viper. Would have been a great final lap battle between our teams.
  11. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    I rekon there is a whole heap of its, buts and maybes about what could have been at the line from just about the whole field.
    I know the pack I was in lost all boost with 5 to go so we all lost the opportunity to catch the 3 front runners. If the pack of 7 or 8 of us had stayed grouped there would have been a pack of at least 10 going into the final lap together, which anyone could have popped out front.
  12. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Not taking anything away from you guys who got the win and podiums, you all deserved your results, especially Viper and Kartdude, you raced as a team fantastically all night.
    Is just my thoughts on "what could have been"
    Was a great night of racing and rubbing, and I for one am super keen for more.

Also, thanks @Bryan_F for hosting, was a very stable room for being so full.
    Also Bryan, is there a reason you had flag rules on , am wondering if I should look at having that on for the 500 . I thought it would be bad on the ovals , as when the yellows came on for me when there were crashes, I had no idea if I'd get a penalty, as our pack was 'overtaking' each other constantly
    Viperzed, Ozglenn and REVO_Bryan like this.
  13. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    It’s more of a warning system for when an incident occurs. I don’t think anyone complained of getting a penalty during that race.
    arakasi- likes this.
  14. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Never got one
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Me either, I did get slammed into the turn one wall a number of times, wonder if they got penalties.
  16. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Cheers mate, Hopefully we make up for it next round. Speaking of, Wheres the sign up and thread :p
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    sorry EMMO was not friends with Bryan and also my internet kept wanting to download software 5.53 and kept disconnecting
    sorry about the confusion mate
    by the waynow i dont Know whether i will be able to be at the meet and greet on the 29th as i have to go in for another heart operation on the 1st of May mate
    emmo46 likes this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I will keep you down on the entry list and you just make it when you can mate. Good luck with the operation, and I'll speak to you when you're well enough to jump back on after that!
    emmo46 likes this.
  19. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks HatField
    Hatfield likes this.
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I’m keen for another one, shame there’s no other good ovals, Northern Isle would be torture for wheels lol.
    BB would be carnage.