Season 15: Taxi's in Flannelette's!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 3, 2018.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Season 15 by IGNITION CONTROLLERS
    [​IMG]

If you have been following the other threads you will know we are kicking this season off on Monday night. The Raceonoz servers are up for practice and teams have been sorted. This season will run as per last season in most respects, but we will be going back to running multiple compounds seeing as we have a V8 Supercar to play with.

I have round 1 sorted, but more details will follow. Seasoned racers will know the drill, but for those new to our fine forum, please read the Code of Conduct and Racers Guide, both good reads and worth a second look if it's been a while.

The plan will be to have the rooms open from 8.30pm AEST and to start qualifying at 9pm. There will be 10-15 minutes of qualifying depending on the length of the track, and then into the race, usually around 45 minutes. We will be running 1 room again this season so tracks are again being considered that can cater for 30 drivers. Thanks to the gurus that are Marty and Rolz and their mastery of the servers, there will be enough slots and rooms available for practice during the week. There will still be an individual and team championship as per previous seasons.

ATTENTION!!
    Ignition Controllers Button Box Prize Draw for Season 15 - AC only!!
    [​IMG]
    Entry into the end of season draw is only for season 15 entrants who have competed in 4 of the 7 rounds. Season champ gets 3 tickets, runner up gets 2 and 1 ticket each for the remaining entrants.

Compulsory pit stops for normal and enduro rounds only.
    Extra pit boxes may be needed, find them HERE.

Cars link - http://v8scorsa.weebly.com/downloads.html

Here is the Current Locked Entry server list, if your in here you will get a start for the upcoming round.
    Rounds:

Round 1: 7/05/18
    V8 Supercars
    Normal Round - Barbagallo. 45 Laps.
    Fuel and Tyres TBA - check on server
    **Race Results** (prior to penalties or disputes)

NB - From round 1 on we will have a compulsory Pitstop and Tyre Compound Change (excluding sprint rounds). The pit window will be in effect again so remember to check once you are in game. Missing the pit window or not doing a tyre change may see you get DQ'd in game. If that doesn't happen you will get a pit stop penalty which could be anywhere from 20-40 seconds depending on the track. 2 penalties in a season will see you excluded from the prize draw at the end of the season.

Round 2: 14/05/18
    V8 Supercars
    Normal Round - Okayama 30 Laps.
    NB - Compulsory Pitstop and Tyre Compound Change - the pit window will be in effect again so remember to check once you are in game. As
    Fuel and Tyres TBA - check on server
    **Race Results** (prior to penalties or disputes)

Round 3: 21/05/18
    V8 Supercars
    Sprint - Estoril 2 x 13 laps race 2 reverse grid top 12.
    Fuel and Tyres - No stops required any compound

Round 4: 28/05/18
    V8 Supercars
    Enduro - Eastern Creek 46 Laps
    Fuel and Tyres - as per server (must use both compounds)

Round 5: 4/06/18
    V8 Supercars
    Normal Round Nürburgring GP- 22 Laps
    Fuel and Tyres - as per server (must use both compounds)

Long Weekend Round: 5.5: 11/06/18 (non-championship round)
    V8 Supercars
    Qual Test - More Info to come.
    2 x Races - Info can be found here.
    Fuel and Tyres - as per server

Round 6: 18/06/18
    V8 Supercars
    Sprint Round - Brands Hatch Indy TBD Laps 2x races reverse grid R2

Round 7: 25/06/18
    V8 Supercars
    Normal Round - Tor Poznan. 30 Laps

Round 8: 2/07/18
    V8 Supercars
    Enduro - Bathurst Laps

Points & Ballast
    The points system will be managed by our masters of charts, and will be posted within the ladder section at the top of the website, and updated weekly. The points will be distributed as per position table included with championship ladder.

This season will also see us using a bonus point system with Fastest Lap (FL) and Most Consistent (MC) for each room gaining an extra point. ie Win+MC+FL=Win +2 points for the round. MC will be as per simresults, with highest gross MC across both sprint races used for determining overall MC.

There is a provision for a drop round this season. Every driver will have their worst performance dropped from their overall championship total. In the case that the first round of the season is DNS and likely the drop, then any ballast earned in round 2 by finishing in the top 5 will be multiplied by 1.5 (same as having two of that position in a row).

The sprint round this season will see a full qual and practise session for the first race, and a 10min qual only for race 2. The points will be distributed to each driver for both races to come up with placings for the entire round. REVERSE GRID RACE 2 - HALF POINTS! Where 2 drivers finish on the same points, the driver who finishes in a higher place over the 2 races will be given the higher placing. Where this is the same, the driver with the fastest lap over the 2 races will finish in the higher position for the round. FL and MC bonus points will be given to the driver(s) with the best result over the 2 races.

Success Ballast System is not in effect this season.

Teams:

Turtle Beachers:

Rolz
    jlynn777
    Krunch
    Aaron Sutton
    Brenton Foggo
    jasondull1986
    SG1x
    Andrew Le
    Andrew Malcolm

The Gamesmen Men
    Anon666
    Godzilla
    DarrenO
    Flouncy
    Marty
    Mr.McGibblets
    Sili

Pagnian Importinators
    Shaun Allan
    Bogor
    Zero05
    c4rLo5
    mesafto
    Ed40t
    Doublevision
    Mael

IgnitiON Controllers
    Cherno
    Terry Rayton (tezpez85)
    Squid
    vanzr
    Parkour
    Ringo
    niterida

Voice chat
    This season we will be using DISCORD so get the app and keep an eye out for the instant invites if you haven't been in the Raceonoz server yet. The permalink is still working: https://discord.gg/JB257mk

Skins (Liveries):
    If you wish to run your own skin, great. We would love to see the teams running their own skins again this season.

At this stage, and as far as I am aware, there are no differences between the cars so any driver can use any car but I will leave that up to the teams. If the team has one car skinned and everyone wants to use that then go for it. If they have skins for all cars and want to drive whatever, go nuts. BUT, post up here what is happening so that we know what car each driver is running and a link to whatever skins are done so we can put them on the server by 10pm on the Sunday night prior to round 1.

Skin pack V2 (round 2)

Skin Pack V2 update (round 3) Will need Skin pack V2 installed first to use this pack.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2018
    Peter Wise, Bogor, marty and 2 others like this.
  2. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

What are we doing in terms of the model that teams are running? Going to create some skins but need to know what is happening.
    jlynn777, Rolz and c4rLo5 like this.
  3. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Teams convo's are up, so if you aren't in a team post here and I'll get you sorted.
    At this stage, and as far as I am aware, there are no differences between the cars so any driver can use any car but I will leave that up to the teams. If the team has one car skinned and everyone wants to use that then go for it, but post up here what is happening so that we know what car each driver is running and a link to whatever skins are done so we can put them on the server.
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  4. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

In that case, whatever skins I make I will have one for each model.
    jlynn777, marty, Rolz and 2 others like this.
  5. squid

squid Rookie

6. squid

squid Rookie

is there a link for barbagallo?
  7. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I'll be in the Nissan.
  8. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sorry, will sort it tomorrow.
  9. squid

squid Rookie

All good mate, no rush
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Mr.McGibblets and Anon666 like this.
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
  12. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Legend :thumbsup:
    Shaun_A likes this.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will go the Nissan for the season, Im not a big fan of Holden or Ford even if my favourite v8 drivers are in Holdens. ;) I dont expect too many to go the Nissan and would rather see a few different cars on the grid. From times on the server it seems all 3 are pretty close so it shouldnt make much difference which one you choose.

@DarrenO has already shown a couple of nice skins for our team for the Nissan and Ford and I think will make one for the Holden. So TGM should be all set for skins :D
  14. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Might be easier if the captains of their respective teams send me a list of requested names/cars... if individuals do it I'm sure to miss one...
    @Cherno
    @Anon666
    @Shaun_A
    Cherno likes this.
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

As we don't have many confirmed tracks for the season as of yet, I have put a few up on my servers. If you search raceonoz or Marty you should find these easily. Final round will be Bathurst all others I think are TBD currently so some testing by a few and suggestions and links will be helpful.

Id say requirement wise we want 30 grid spots minimum, solid tracks with no issues like holes in the mesh, timing issues or surfaces that will DQ you if you touch them. Aussie tracks are welcome as are other mod tracks if we don't have enough Aussie ones of good standard with enough grid spots to fill the season.

Currently I have a few tracks suggested by @jlynn777 and Nords Endurance cup. I did have New Jersey up but it only has 24 grid spots which is not enough. All official tracks do have extra grid mods available and possibly some other better mod tracks may have this.

Estoril No chicane
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sebring-international-raceway-rtb.13374/

Tor Poznan
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tor-poznań.6118/

Algarve
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/algarve-international-circuit.2874/
    Cherno, Rolz and jlynn777 like this.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Tried the Argave circuit, it seemed to have an odd issue where exiting pits and crossing the basic painted white pit exit line would give car damage. Most times it was just minor front and or rear aero damage. 1 time I got red front aero from this and another time when trying to do this It destroyed the engine, left front suspension and front aero which all went red lol. Strange as we ran a round in the r34 GTR's here and nobody had issues but possibly the low cold pressures and aero causes this. I have never had a car destroy itself or get damage before on what is just track tarmac with a painted white line, maybe there is a hole in the mesh there or something but I would not recommend this track to be used as its likely to ruin at least 1 persons race.
  17. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

We ran Sydney Motorsport Park (Which I know as Eastern Creek) in the GTR season, that was a decent track
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Had a quick google and the old links from 2014 have only 24 grid spots, if you can find one with 30+ I will put it up on a server. The track was fairly well done I think originally based off the old laser scanned RF1 track but it had lots of work to it with all the track renovations added to it plus the other layouts.
  19. niterida

niterida New Recruit

I have to work Monday night so can't make the first race :(
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Some basic track testing, Estoril claims to have 30 grid spots in ACserver manager but if more then 24 cars are loaded the game crashes so this looks not good unless someone can figure out why. I have got the server up still with 24 cars but replaced the Algarve one with Okayama which loads ok with 36 cars and we have raced here before. Its a very good scratch made track that was fun to race in a past season.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/okayama-international-circuit.15846/

Tor Poznan Loads in game with 40 cars, I have ran older versions of the track and I don't remember any issues with it. Its also a top quality laser scanned scratch made mod for AC. Will leave this one up for people to test and will only take tracks off the test servers if I or someone else finds some critical issues making them unsuitable.

None of these tests are certain to be raced this season but it can give options to those in charge for this and coming seasons to give a few more options.
    c4rLo5, Rolz and jlynn777 like this.