Division 3 - Season 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2018.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Anthonyb likes this.
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  3. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    He is right on the borderline for either Div. We'll see what happens rd1
    SUBGTRACER, SuiCid3 and Anthonyb like this.
  4. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

hmmm might be able to make this round after all. Best get some practice in!
  5. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I've already discussed with Ads, we are going to see how i go over a race distance, one lap pace is one thing, but over 35 laps is another (especially as I chew them tyres). I will move to Div 2 if required after this round. :D
    Anthonyb likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    how is he signed up for pcars and gt sport? is he moving over to pcars?
  7. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Apparently so...
    Anthonyb likes this.
  8. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Re connection issues. Don't forget that if people in the house are using other Wi-Fi electrical devices these affect your connections greatly especially the apple stuff. If my kids have their IPods on its all bad so they are turned off.
  9. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  10. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    If there's room and you will have me I'd like to race
    Hatfield likes this.
  11. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Ill send ya an invite familia in a sec
  12. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Round 1
    QUALIFYING

[​IMG]

RACE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anthonyb and Ad2mny like this.
  13. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What an awesome race!!

Got away well from 3rd with @arnold watson sneaking around the outside and into second, and a little ‘excuse me can I get through’ tap from @LOW_NZ. Arnoldwa unfortunately ran too deep and got two wheels on the wrong side of the ripple strip at the exit and was sucked off the track. I stuck with the leaders just a few car lengths back as @disturboed and @kayne greenwood battled bumper to bumper. Eeesteedeee fell off the edge of the circuit twice on the double rights leading onto the back straight and I snuck past lap 4. Closed the gap to disturboed as he had a little off at the old hairpin then did the same a few laps later opening the gap again but disaster struck with a coming together between backnarker @Dosy and disturboed again in the twin rights before the back straight lap 14 sending both off track. Was watching out of the corner of my eye as Dosy drove along the grass and rejoined just ahead of me and cut across the circuit into my path. I was half ready for it but the collision still cost me a few seconds. So now I was leading and disturboed put up an awesome chase. I think it was lap 18 disturboed pitted and I watched the gap for the next few laps at 20.5 secs but I was a bit slow entering the pits lap 20 so as I exited he zoomed past. As the race got old a few little off tracks at the final chicane and a spin at the old hairpin (not in that order) had Eeesteeedeee back on my tail for the final 5-6 laps and the pressure was almost too much but I held on barely to hold 2nd.

Well done podium!
  14. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Yeah was a good race, after the 4th lap I could see there wasn't much in me and disturboed for pace and Ads was slowly gaining and then in came the tunnel vision as I was half focused on the race half focused on adjusting my pit strat.

Mistake after mistake saw Ads slip by and I managed to keep the distance at 4-6 secs till I got even more inconsistent and thought :):):):) it I'll pit and refresh.

Once back on the track I pushed hard the majority of the race, I got taken out on one of the corners by a guy being lapped as he suddenly jarred to the left but to be fair perhaps I should of given more room. Something to be mindful of next time for me.

With about 10 laps to go I thought there was no way to catch Ads up in second but then before ya know it theres only 2-3 secs between us and could tell he was lacking on grip - but the tunnel vision crept in again and every time I was on your bumper I would slip up and be a couple of secs out - I think this happened on 2 or 3 occasions? Ah well something to work on for next week.

Overall happy with the result but more so happy with the turn out, its so refreshing to have almost a full grid and hope we have this type of turn out all season fellas. Was good :)
    seowster, Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  15. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Well done disturboed mr consistant fastest lap and qually time exactly the same. Well done ads and eeseeted on the podium
    seowster, kayne greenwood and Ad2mny like this.
  16. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Firstly well done to Ads & Kayne on the podium spots.

It was a cracker race. Started from pole and held the position around T1. I tried telling myself to be a little conservative and not do quali laps after quali laps to try and save some sort of tyre life, but kayne was hounding me not more than half a second away. On lap 14 or so, Dosy had a spin coming out of the first right hander up the top and went across track, I jigged right to try and avoid and slammed on the brakes but my front right still collected him and sent me into the grass and tyre wall. This let Ads through to the lead and I was about 5-6 seconds off him. Managed to claw back over the next couple laps and was on his clacker for a bit.

It was now a game of who will blink first, and I did at end lap 18. I was going to keep going, but we had just passed a backmarker on the back straight, and then coming out of the chicane, I noticed there was another one a bit furher up. I quickly thought that they may cause a hold up going down the hill, so I dove into the pits to get some clean air and let Ads deal with the traffic.

I had originally set my pit strategy to change tyres, but when I couldn't pull away from Ads who I knew wasn't going to change tyres, I changed the strategy to no tyre change. I was held in the pits for about 6.5 seconds, and I was 100% sure I was going to be way behind Ads after he stopped. To my surprise when he did pit a couple laps later, I passed him on the straight as he was exiting the pits. Back into the lead!!

From there it was just trying to manage the tyres and not do anything silly. It stayed pretty consistent for me until a couple from the end when the tyres were screaming out and probably even some fatigue was setting in and I got a bit sloppy.

Great way to start the season!
  17. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I know right?? Freaky
    SUBGTRACER and Anthonyb like this.
  18. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
    Sorry mate my bad
    seowster and kayne greenwood like this.
  19. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Nah dw about it man, no dramas :) Shoulda gave you more room
  20. Dosy

Dosy Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Doski-17
    Well done to the podiums, and sorry about the track reentry disturboed and any other paint swapping certainly an interesting race. At one stage I thought I might I have been better off putting a cutting deck under the car and do some lawn mowing with a few offs on the grass. A ton of fun and thanks for everyone's help with pit stop info and strategies before the race in Project Cars. Catch up for the next one :)
    SUBGTRACER, LOW_NZ, PaulCox and 2 others like this.