GT Sport Season 3 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 17, 2018.

1. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Yep, I know a couple did.
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Yes lads that is what i did.. q on RM exited to the pits, Made sure that you have RH as your default.. you must change and then what you must do is get to the end of the first sector. Once you do that and if you are watching you will see that you reappear in the qually spot you were positioned in prior to leaving the track...
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  3. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Right. So like this?
    Set lap time.
    Exit track back to room.
    Change to hards.
    Go back to track.
    Finish sector 1
    VARDZ likes this.
  4. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    I did the same. I also waited until everyone was past the first sector and the positions were correct before starting the race.
    Unfortunately I had the wrong laps set for the race and had to do a manual grid. Hopefully that won't happen again. :p
    deedz_aus and Tristan Jones like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    PSA!!!
    I am posting this because some people are confused on the issues with viewing tyres used in the replay and also how to choose your start tyre after qualifying

Replay glitch
    When viewing the replay, you will see the tyre that everyone starts on. However, you will only see compound changes for yourself and NO ONE ELSE in YOUR replay.
    If you suspect another driver of not using the mandatory HARD compound, send me a PM and I will ask them to provide a screenshot showing the hard tyre in use.

How to choose your starting tyre after qualifying
    Once qualifying has finished, exit the track and through the game options, change your tyres to the desired compound.
    Enter the track once more and drive until you cross the first sector line. This will update you back into your qualifying position.
    deedz_aus and AroGantz like this.
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    100% correct
    JonoStan96 and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  7. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Just to throw a spanner into that logic, would it also work if you joined qualifying on the RH and then pitted during the session to RM to set your lap and then saw out the session, to default back to RH? To save yourself from exiting track to change tyres?
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  8. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Yes, that's what I did but it does cost you a lap, the flip side to that is you'll only get 3 laps out of RM before they lose this edge if you are driving them hard.
  9. LennonLegend1993

It's my first time. Be gentle with me.

deedz_aus, Matthyus, VARDZ and 3 others like this.
  10. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
    Sweet edit bro, was some good battles in this race!!
  11. robin edwards

robin edwards Team Driver

PSN ID
    rae1982
    hey guys i am hoping to be able to race this sunday looking foward to racing with you all
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 2 : Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa - 30 laps - 18:00 Sunny
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.
    The start at Yamagiwa will be very packed through the sweeping left handed T1 and the following esses up the hill. Make sure to leave enough room if still side by side with someone at the esses. If someone ends up in the wall, the chain reaction will cause major headaches

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. Be careful with the tighter esses after the downhill and before the final turn. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY TYRE : You can start on either RH or RM tyres. But MUST at least use RH during the race at some point.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  13. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Good luck Robin, I should be online after the kids are in bed around 7, jump in the lobby if you want some practise. I haven't got any lap times for this track this week, have you spent any time on it yet?
  14. LennonLegend1993

In prep for Sunday, as we dont get 'practice' sessions as such to gauge our tactics come race day, what lap times are people setting for Mediums and Hards?

Myself personally;
    hit a 1:24.6 on mediums (once) but averaging 1:25's I think
    hit a 1:26.4 on hards (once) but averaging 1:27's..
    deedz_aus likes this.
  15. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Between RL and the Destiny expansion I once again haven't had a chance to get on to practice, hopefully I will Friday afternoon.
  16. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Wow. nice times.
    RM - 1.26
    RH - 1.26
    :)
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  17. LennonLegend1993

Who needz
    Who needs mediums anyway
    Matthyus likes this.
  18. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I must admit that RM is 1.26.2 and RH was 1.26.8, but meh
    And the RM was on a full tank of gas.
    I might be able to crank out a 1.25 on RM, but we'll see on my full race practice Sat morn. I'm fairly flogging the crap out of the car on this track, I don't see where else I can make up a sec or 2.
  19. LennonLegend1993

No doubt beau will whip out 1:21's with ease.
    Matthyus and Tristan Jones like this.
  20. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    More than likely, more than likely....