GT-Sport HI TEC OILS Gr.4 Series. Round 3

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Apr 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    The no shows for round 2 i refer to were risky cab and viper.... they are on the bottom of the ladder and would therefore receive " bonus points " or improved performance points...
  2. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

If you don't race surely it stays as is. Nobody gets points for not racing
    Ozglenn likes this.
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    a slippery slope
  4. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Pretty sure no points where awarded when i missed round 1
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    True, they should stay as they were after round one and carry that to whatever round they next run. Just apply the new points to the lowest three of those that ran in round 2. That means Jono would go back to square. Luck gets two bonus Bop points and Norm gets a + 1 on the BOP he started round two with. Those that gained BOP advantage from round 1 and weren't at round two should be able to carry then on.
  6. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Agreed
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    But the series regs are last gets adjust their bop by 3 to there advantage next by 2 etc
  8. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    DNS is not last.
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    But it is off the championship table not the previous round results.. yes it was from round 1 as that was the table order... following me now...
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I follow now. But you just tell me what i jave to have power and weight at and ill go with that
    VARDZ and incey like this.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    2 stops would of been faster I had no idea what i was doing and went on the wrong tyre for the 2nd stint, but it depends on the car, the FWDs seem to be okay doing 1 stop on the super softs, no way could I do that with my front wear being insane making the tyre useless for me in the race.

The wear between cars in Gr.4 is massive compared to Gr.3.
  12. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

The wear was pretty awful for the last 2 laps of each stint. But it was worth the 2 laps of pain for the pace of the 8 or so before it.
  13. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Your rulebook mate... the adjustments are barely anything anyway. I think you'll find that adjusting per race result instead of championship order will be fairer. Basing it off championship position instead of race results provides no incentive to win a race. Better off floating around 4th every race and take the win in the final race to capitalise on "wounded" competition.

At least you're in a position now to make the call. Simulate average finishing position of every driver over their last two entries and see how it plays out. In all honesty, if Jono is getting punished for finishing 10th because he won the opening race, and then new drivers show up for race two (who didnt receive a bonus "last place handicap" and still raced on BOP), somethings not right with the system.
    VARDZ likes this.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    It should be per race, I thought that's how it was going to be in the first place.
    There should always be incentive to win.

The pace of the cars are similar in 1 lap pace but the wear kills it, the lighter less powerful cars have a massive advantage over the heavier more powerful cars with less fuel used and less tyre wear making the advantage massive the longer the race goes.

Gr.4 is such a difficult group to Balance because of this, compared to Gr.3 which have much closer power and weight figures in BOP.
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    VARDZ likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I think it should be per the championship table because there is no drop round.
    If you have a drop round, then per race results works IMO
  16. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    But if you're going to do that how do you fairly handicap those who were signed up for the series but missed round 1 and still raced on BOP? @Knuckles should have been given last place handicap points before round 2 if we're going on championship. Now the only fair option is to void his win penalty points because he wasn't given them for being last on the championship table after round 1.

Do you really think guys like Risky are going to show up for round 3 because they've been punished for being unable to attend a race? The idea works if everyone attends every race, but if you're missing rounds it punishes both race winners and no-shows. The only people who benefit are the midfield. Does the series trophy has Jean Alesi's face on it or something? :laugh:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    This.

I know I won't enjoy the rest of the series if I get penalised for being with family instead of racing. I was really looking forward to this series, but it seems to be turning into a bit of a :):):):)show.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol looks like @VARDZ has some thinking to do. too many bees in bonnets for my liking
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    That’s kinda how Mint dominated HTO 2 from memory, he won Round 1, missed Round 2 (which I won and ended up being stuck with a handicap on weak tracks for that particular car), while because he scored nothing in Rnd 2 he lost his handicap for the rest of the series and won the (again from memory) double points finale. It’s all weird how race handicaping works, how do you implement it fairly?

Unless I’m mistaken would that not mean that despite me finishing 10th in a car that was several seconds off the pace and by a country mile the worst on tyres, I still recieve an extra penalty for the next race because I’m 3rd?
    If I lose the handicap from my win then fair enough, but the above method is grotesquely unfair and almost makes winning the first few races a disadvantage IMO.

Gee Nürburgring is going to be fun lol
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I suggest the bonus adjustments are per race and carry over to whichever round you attend next
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.