GT Sport Season 3 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    You beat me last season and we both moved up together. I'll tackle you this season, perhaps JC next :)
    Jcp likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    PSA!!!
    I am posting this because some people are confused on the issues with viewing tyres used in the replay and also how to choose your start tyre after qualifying

Replay glitch
    When viewing the replay, you will see the tyre that everyone starts on. However, you will only see compound changes for yourself and NO ONE ELSE in YOUR replay.
    If you suspect another driver of not using the mandatory HARD compound, send me a PM and I will ask them to provide a screenshot showing the hard tyre in use.

How to choose your starting tyre after qualifying
    Once qualifying has finished, exit the track and through the game options, change your tyres to the desired compound.
    Enter the track once more and drive until you cross the first sector line. This will update you back into your qualifying position.
    F1R3W1ND, Jcp and Luke like this.
  3. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Just thought I would quickly put this together to show how NOT to take turn 1.
    Tristan Jones, Luke and Ozglenn like this.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    fun times
  5. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

the start was worse.
  6. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

This was painful to watch
  7. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 1 highlights
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 2 : Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa - 30 laps - 18:00 Sunny
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.
    The start at Yamagiwa will be very packed through the sweeping left handed T1 and the following esses up the hill. Make sure to leave enough room if still side by side with someone at the esses. If someone ends up in the wall, the chain reaction will cause major headaches

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. Be careful with the tighter esses after the downhill and before the final turn. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY TYRE : You can start on either RH or RM tyres. But MUST at least use RH during the race at some point.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    Ozglenn and Matthyus like this.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Just a reminder for the next round, I'll be hosting so if you want to race, send me a friend request.
    PSN is under my avatar
  11. BKXI

BKXI Rookie

I'm withdrawing from GT Sport to fully focus on F1.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @Matthyus it looks like I won't be racing tonight and definitely won't be there for round 3. Please host both and save the replay and get me a photo of the lap times just before the last unlapped driver crosses the line. I also need a photo of the race results after the race from the race results section in the top left hand corner. You may need to scroll down the race results if all finishers aren't on the screen to get the final place getters. Thanks and good luck all.
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Not a problem
    emmo46 and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  14. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    D3 Race 2 Qual

[​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Timings
    [​IMG]

LittleBlacko - DC'ed
    We restarted after the first and continued with the race after the 2nd DC from LittleBlacko.
  15. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well done to @Ozglenn, @F1R3W1ND and @SPMotorNZ on their win and podium finish. Judging by the party chat it was a close one. This matches nicely to the results above. 7s seperating @Ozglenn and 6th.

Qual
    As normal, got a low qualification spot, even with a PB of nearly a second off my time. Qual'ed 12th from 13th racers.

Race
    We started and when the race screen popped up, we heard the infamous connect / disconnection sound from someone joining or disconnecting from the room. @LITTLEBLACKO942 had lost his connection to the room.
    We restarted, manually reordered the grid (which gave me the chance to put the right tires on :D ), then gave it another shot. By the end of the first straight @LITTLEBLACKO942 had dc'ed again. We decided to continue.

Kudos to all, We survived the first corner!! So much better than last week.
    I kept my position, however I reached for my mike to turn it off or on to discuss if we were going to reset again or continue at the top of the hill climb and lost control of my wheel, slamming into the wall.
    Into last I go...
    From here I just settled down into my laps and started to make some ground.
    @incey had an off (1 of many by the times above :( ) and I made some ground to @Se7endan , @Hihatjoe, @COME_AND_GET_ME7 through various off's they had all experienced.

Around lap 8 I started to see people pit and this got me thinking about a different strategy.
    My original strategy of a 1 pit stop (RH, RM) seemed like the best way to go, however as time went on and I neared the mid point, I changed strategy and pitted on Lap 15.
    Took RM for a 7 lap stint and then went like a bat out of hell. Got my best time of 1.25.000 just after and kept those times cranking, not losing but not really gaining.
    After a few laps I started to see the gains and I remember having a good little battle with @COME_AND_GET_ME7 and @Se7endan at various points. I took both of them, but since I was on RM, I knew that I needed to pit again.
    Pitted on 22 for another set of wheels and a spot of fuel to ensure coverage and @Se7endan overtook me just as I was entering the exit lane.
    Kept on him for the lap and he had an off on the next.
    I saw the gap to @Hihatjoe and @Luke was 6s+ and was OK with that as I had clean air front and behind.
    Through low fuel and fresh wheels, I smashed out the laps.
    I found a groove where this car on low fuel and fresh wheels it just sings.
    I noticed that with 2 - 3 laps to go that I had narrowed the gap to @Hihatjoe to ~2s and could visually see the gains. I started to throw the car around the track by this point, attempting to maximise my advantage of fresh wheels and low fuel and this paid off as I caught them 3/4 through the final lap.
    Sadly, it was a matter of too little too late as I just couldn't pass on the final stretch to nab a slightly higher position.

Would a 3 stop made a difference... We might never know..
    Anyhow, Wall of text finished.
    Looking forward to the next track. Dragon Trail.
  16. LennonLegend1993

Who knows about different strategy for your specific race, as you started towards the back, but I went with a 3 stop, RH, RM, RM, RM, and took the win in div 4. Deedz did the same and finished 2nd, due to a collision Bob had with a back runner, but he would have finished 2nd with the same strategy as you. Everyone goes about it differently :)
    Matthyus and Tristan Jones like this.
  17. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    100%.
    I'm still amazed that I managed to take over a full second from my best practise time 1.26.2 on RM and low fuel and whip out a 1.25.000.
    I was however in full groove mode, compared to my practise session where I had a loving 4 yo asking me every bloody question under the sun. This includes some 'people' on the other end of the party chat :D
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  18. LennonLegend1993

I go through something similar, expect being 10 months she doesnt really talk yet. Sunday, come 8:20 AEST, its a baby free zone :D
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Daaaadddyyy??
    Matthyus and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  20. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint