GT Sport Season 3 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 17, 2018.

1. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Qualifying. Was pretty close at the top.
    [​IMG]

Race result.
    [​IMG]

Fastest laps.
    [​IMG]
  2. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    either of you lads using a PS4 pro?
  3. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Nice work. You captured the dive bomb on lap 2. :)
  4. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    I'm on a pro. Doesn't make me any quicker..
    deedz_aus likes this.
  5. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    may not make you any quicker but your screen captures look a lot nicer ;) at least compared to standard version ps4.
    SUBGTRACER and pat65 like this.
  6. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Yeah I must say, wasnt the best move from jonesey.. But it happens.
    Qualifying was super close with the top 5. 1:25.166 was mine in Pole, and Bob in 5th was 1:25.472.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 3 : Dragon Trail Seaside - 2 x 16 laps - 18:30 Fine - SPRINT ROUND
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.
    The start at Seaside will be very packed through the left-right ess. Make sure to leave enough room if still side by side with someone or the outside driver could be pushed into the sand on exit and this could cause a spin off the wall back onto the track. If someone ends up in the wall, the chain reaction will cause major headaches

SPRINT ROUND : The second race is reverse grid based on the race 1 results.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. Be careful with the tighter esses after the downhill and before the final turn. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY TYRE : RH is not mandatory for this round so you may use only RM if you wish

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

and finally...
    TIGHT CHICANE WARNING!!!!!!
    Please be careful with the final tight chicane before the final turn.
    Going into the initial right left, 2 wide fits going flat out, BUT, the next left right will end in the wall. Whoever is leading as you exit the initial right left has right of way and I ENCOURAGE the other car to back off and slot in behind. USE YOUR HEADS.
  8. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Sorry Pat...thought i had the drop on you...braked earlier than usual thinking i was being conservative in traffic...and still went long...in hindsight, i guess you were being slow for traffic too and not at 100% - i have been there too, taken a slower line when behind someone, ending up letting someone else past. Glad i got on the anchors when i did, letting you and Fezza get by, i think if i tried anything else we would have both been off track, glad you managed to hold it together, only just looking at that replay!

In my defence, I had tried and failed to keep momentum a few times getting past you when you were having tussles with Bob and the ripple strips, I thought this time I had enough to get past you because I had a great clean air run at the chicane before that corner. I guess I misjudged braking spot because of slipstream and i wasn't starting as wide as usual.

Still looks better than some of the moments in div3!

Thanks again to @fezza providing some great close racing moments! I think you have a little pace on me usually, but this track really likes me.

On to Dragon Trail...what times are people getting so far? I did a handful of laps...and when I'm not hitting the walls or spinning out of the corners (i'm trying to persist with TCS 0) I got a few low 1:33 on hards, and low 1:31 on med. I'll need lots of laps to improve on my RH time, but plenty to make up on those RM laps.

With only 20 laps or so last night I had about a 25% miss rate at the bus stop...but when I do make it, I can get through there at 220. I went through at 250 once...which is almost as bad as winning at the pokies...you know it can be done so just one more try...
    LennonLegend1993 and Hatfield like this.
  9. LennonLegend1993

Winning at the pokies? Never experienced that :D

I havent been on for any practice yet for Dragon Trail, and haven't really raced at the track itself. So im not going to be too confident this weekend :rolleyes: Dont forget that its a sprint round and hards are not mandatory this week.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  10. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Ahh...thanks for that re RH not mandatory, i didn't realise it changed, where does it say that? Definately changes strategy!

As for winning on pokies, i had a few nights of winning over one hundred with less than 50 in. One night was up $600 with 3 big wins - thats after putting 50 in, and 50-100 on drinks for me and others. Haven't touched them for years now, though I had i kept going back after those wins and kept losing for some reason. The statistics average out for everyone eventually - I think their rule is they have to return at least 40% of intake as winnings. Which means you lose 60% of the time. Noone wins against those odds in the long term.

But roulette, there is a system for that, thats different. And fixed odds sports/ horse betting, you can fix an arbitrage if you can spot differences in bookies rates (and they don't catch you betting on every horse). I'm great at numbers, not so great at self control. Saving for a house now, and haven't wasted money on betting for years.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It says it in the briefing I write, that you don't read ;)
  12. LennonLegend1993

I make sure I read every post after missing out that pits were open in qualifying for this season after race 1, and whinging to Hat :p

This. I can relate.
  13. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Haha lol i deserve that. I started writing that post after reading Pats...before I read yours Hat! Now that I have read it, I noticed you added a piece about checking sight of other racers.
    Hatfield likes this.
  14. LennonLegend1993

I am not confident at all for this track.. hopped on with deedz and bob tonight for about 20 laps and hit the chicane exit wall about 15 times.
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    going to be a very close season .... trying to change plans so i only miss round 6 and not 7 as well.
    [​IMG]
  16. LennonLegend1993

Don't stress about it mate. I don't mind if you miss both. :geek:
    Easyprey007 and Hatfield like this.
  17. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

I'm doing 1.39.1s on hards at the moment, wheres everyone else at?
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    31 - 32s
  19. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    You just need some time behind the wheel on the track i think :)

I'm getting low 33 on RH
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  20. LennonLegend1993

RH - on average 32's. That's when I dont hit the exit on the chicane. Im having some serious issue navigating the exit..
    Tristan Jones likes this.