GT Sport Season 3 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 17, 2018.

1. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    yeah im with the others averaging a 1.32 on RH.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    why are you guys doing RH practice?
  3. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    I just dont get the time out of the RM tyres atm, and im finding the RH to be more consistent for my driving style on this track :cool:
  4. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Y R U JUDGIN'
    VARDZ and Tristan Jones like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    once again @deedz_aus shows to be the sensible one
    deedz_aus and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  6. LennonLegend1993

:cool::cool::cool:
  7. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
    1.12's on Comfort Mediums....
    Just sucks they aren't eligible for this race.
  8. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    I think we can make an exception for you mate ;)
  9. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
    Nah mate, cant do that to y'all, gotta stick to the rules.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  10. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

about 5 hours in total now, down to 1.37.5s at thats pushing it, not sure how you guys can get that speed :(
  11. LennonLegend1993

Don't worry about the speed. If you just don't make contact with the chicane, you'll be ahead of me.. I just can't figure it out for some reason
  12. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Check out jono’s hot lap video to get some braking points and racing lines man. Helped me a fair bit, but still requires a lot of prac to execute.
    LennonLegend1993 and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

48min feckin update on PS4..im out. Seriously can't catch a break. My own fault for playing offline and not checking.
  14. LennonLegend1993

Congrats @deedz_aus on your maiden win.

Race 1 Started dead last and by turn 3 I was up to 7th or so, and turned in too early into @DAMN_RIGHT_BOB and went to the back of the pack. Going into the chicane I was right behind Rae and on my screen he was going into the wall on the exit, so I went inside but apparently o mademoiselle contact which sent him into the wall. The replay showed that but in the race it didn't. From there I was trying to go too fast to catch up and kept making mistakes.

Race 2, again going into the essies I apparently made contact with Rae so redressed to last.. and it didn't et back much better. A night to forget. I'll post a replay tomorrow of the race that I wasn't a part of haha.
    deedz_aus likes this.
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Very happy with this result... No practice this week and was 5th quickest after qually... Settled in after the first lap or so in 4th and was content there trying not to make mistakes... lap 7 or so here is pat and greenterror facing each other on the run down to the left after the 1st sector timing line... BONUS... managed to keep rossi in my mirrors for a most surprising 2nd

Race 2 and off the back we go and unlike race 1 i pound the wall at the bus stop... from there i was very happy with the recovery... set the FL for race 2 but not quick enough for the round point.... got back 5th and made a pass on deedz for 4th but he grabbed it back a couple laps later as i out broke myself at the 2nd to last corner... with laps running out some quick math and i worked out i would have to have dropped to 10th for fezza to get 2nd for the round... so i again kept rossi in my mirrors to finish 5th ...
    Congratz to Deedz and Fezza on the wins and the podium finish for the round
    [​IMG]
    fezza, rossi0nsx, deedz_aus and 2 others like this.
  16. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Yay for my first win for the season! Thanks lads! My strategy for the first race was equipped with RH tyres and to keep out of trouble and try not lose too much time from the RM drivers! I knew some would take the 1 pit stop strategy but i knew the time lost would be hard to regain throughout the 16 laps. Had it not been for the the contact between greenterror and pat i wouldnt have had such a "comfortable" win. Heart was pumping all race and that last chicane always made me tense for the full 16 laps.

Race 2 reverse grid was again a similar strategy, managed to keep errors to a minimum but was made a lot harder with traffic to contend to. Hats off to Pat who worked his way up to 2nd with RM tyres and no pit stop and driving that car to the limit! super impressed as the rest of the top contenders were probably on a RH compound. Also want to commend Fez for a solid race, error free to secure the W. Gratz mate!
    LennonLegend1993, Matthyus and fezza like this.
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    @emmo46
    Race 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pole : Green Terror
    Race 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I'll do a write up when I get a break at work...for now have a video of my crashes and passes...

For the record I reckon the highlights Lennon make are the bomb...im not trying to replicate that (keep em coming!)...this is just the highlights of my race that I hit record on while looking at the replay after the race...

fezza, deedz_aus and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  19. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Well done to all, esp the podium...despite all our crashes!

I am getting better at grid starts with no traction control...though was a bit excited and bumped @rossi0nsx into turn 1, I backed right off after that, and gave everyone extra room, glad it didn't cause anything worse! I got my karma st the start of race 2 when @LennonLegend1993 came flying left at the first right hand bend (6:00 in my vid) and almost knocked me off track. I raced a bit more conservatively after those starts and the amount of bad proctise laps I had.

Even though I qualified low, I gained a few places from attrition, was sitting in 7th catching @fezza and Rossi, then spun it coming out of the chicane - and took that corner exit slower ever since, most people then gaining time on me at that corner. That engine damage rally hurts! I still like damage turned on, makes you race cleaner...most of the time! Keeps level of accountability there.

@Kieran_B33 had a shocker, he must have had some good pace but I kept passing him when he decided to check out the off road abilities of the Lexus. After the first few times I got a bit lazy going around him and used the ghosting to pass through - which ended my second race, taking me from 2nd to 7th when he didn't ghost and didn't go wide enough to pass him on track. I copped engine damage again, I found this hurts even more in the middle of the back straight.

I figured I would probably pit my RM, as I had 2 seconds difference in my RM and RH times, and with a 14 second pit, 2x18 laps meant the 36 second gain was worth the stop. I did try for a no stop...but after my spin and feeling like I was skating a bit, and not in the top half, ended up pitting to see if I could improve things. I had a great fun after pitting - coming out last on new tyres, passing @robin edwards and Greg after chasing for a while, though Greg DSC late in the race. I was catching Lennon in the last lap or two, which I figured was his old tyres, but the bus stop on the final lap nailed out any hope of that.

I love reverse grid...when I finish in the bottom half. Got a great start, and after Lennon and RAE decided to go off track, left me chasing Greg for a few laps, like I was in race 1, but competing for 1st instead of 9th. Crashing into Greg took the spark out of the fire though.

After @pat65 kept out of reach of my momentum last race, I wasn't sure about trying to take him at the hairpin at the end of lap 4, glad I waited as I got a better un out of the exit and had plenty of time to pass on the straight, getting me back to 6th - then 5th after passing Greg, and 4th for a moment when I thought I had Rossi under brakes, but he went back under and got me on the exit, very good control! Then pat and @Green Terror passed me after the chicane that i was taking slower, though I got terror again under brakes. After Vardz overtook me as well, I thought I couldn't keep up this pace with worn RM and pitted...knowing that my pace with worn RM was not good, and risks spinning on top of the that. Pitting only took me from 7th to 9th, and I had some good clean fast racing with Greg and Terror after that.

I had a heart start on lap 12, I misread the brake board on the final hairpin and broke at 150 instead of 100 with Terror right behind me. I wasn't brake checking you, really!! Damn this low light! He did push me, but I just managed to stay on track, and he didn't overtake despite my anchors just about bringing me to a stop on track. He caught me when I did the same thing a couple laps later which closed the big gap i worked so hard for. I did get back past him into 7th again, though he was making ground - he almost had me, but he clipped the wall on the bus stop, letting me breath easy for the last lap.

Good fun again, learnt to not rely on ghosting, sorrry for the WOT...
  20. LennonLegend1993

All good mate. Doesn't matter even if you do. I just made one for race 1 as no one had by the end of the week, and have done so since haha. Currently uploading to YouTube so will link soon
    Sorry mate. I was in between you and Rae, and he hit me on the right side, sending me into you on the left. Didn't mind being the meat in the sandwich though ;)
    Tristan Jones likes this.