Division 3 - Season 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2018.

1. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    right, so we down Coxy, Dosy & freddy

anyone else out for tonight, just so we don't hang around waiting for ya :D
  2. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Im in just message me.
  3. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    sent you an invite (i think), is it just metalsteel?
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well done @disturboed and @kayne greenwood

Went off in excitement after disturboed fell off onto the gp section. Couldn’t get back within 5 secs all race until the final laps but still couldn’t get close enough.

Great race everybody.
  5. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Another good turn out guys, wicked stuff, good racing all

Good race yet again fellas, bit disappointed on my end as I was alot quicker in the earlier sessions I practiced in, just couldn't find my rhythm and was about a sec off where I should be which was frustrating. Made a couple of big mistakes and me fighting back from about 8th twice I'm sorry btw seowster? I think on turn 2 we brushed up against one another and I couldn't get unstuck from ya and I think you couldn't go anywhere either? For a good 5 secs I had no throttle applied but its like we were glued together

A big thanks to everyone involved and congrats to Disturboed once again taking the win and Ads in second.
  6. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Gratz to @Ad2mny on the pole. my final flyer was just a smidge off.

We both got a good start and we started immediately to pull away from the rest of the field. It was super tight, I was never more than 0.5-0.7 secs off his tail. After about 10 laps, he got a little wobbly out on the exit of Turn 3 at the bottom of the hill and he slid a bit across the other side of the track. I ducked up along on the outside line and we headed into T4. I braked slightly earlier to let him passed into the corner entry, but the shallow entry made him overshoot a little so I slammed down another gear and pointed it up the inside. The better drive had me passed into the lead halfway up the straight.

Lap 12 and I dipped a wheel into the bloody T1 sand and lost a lot of momentum, which of course led him to sail right past me back into the lead. The next sequence of corners was a little scrappy for both of us, and I outbraked myself into T4 half-spinning on the Indy section of track. I kept going without having to stop and then as I neared the little crest I saw Ads nose first in the fence on the left hand side. By the time he was back on the road he was 8 seconds behind. I decided to jump into the pits as I though I could still pop out in 2nd. Well my calculations were completely wrong and I was fifth!

Got through most of the traffic ok and Ads eventually pitted on lap 18,19 or so. Passed him in the pits, but he had brought the gap back down to only about 3 seconds. A few laps later and some lapped traffic I managed to clear relatively OK as they were all taking themselves out must have got in his way and the gap blew back out to 6 seconds.

The last couple of laps for me were really scrappy and I seemed to just be loosing all my rhythm. He managed to close the gap back up to 1.5secs by the finish.

Well done to all, thankfully no disconnects again this round.

Gratz to Ads & Kayne on their podium positions and fastest lap for Ads too!
  7. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Well done guys , sounds like a great race .
    Ad2mny likes this.
  8. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Sounds like a great race well done podium.
    SUBGTRACER and Ad2mny like this.
  9. seowster

seowster Rookie

PSN ID
    seowster
    All good mate, good drive.

SUBGTRACER likes this.
  10. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Not happy to miss this one, sounds like it was a great race.
    Unfortunately we had visitors drop in unexpectedly, thought it was a bit rude to go and race for an hour on them.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  11. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Should of told them to come and watch we might of got a new recruit
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny

Indeed it was a tooth and nail fight for the first 3rd of the race, and it looked like I could pull away at times but I kept making little mistakes and running just a little wide and there you were again. Unfortunately the release of pressure as you ran wide with your spin brought me undone as the tail came around over the crest putting me into the fence. I hit at a 45 degree angle, but of course instead of turning the car parallel to the fence it turned more towards it so I had to fumble with gears to get going again.

Now I had Kayne behind about 5secs and a couple of little errors had him closing the gap slowly. Was watching the gap to disturboed hoping for an error but it stubbornly refused to get any bigger than 12 secs. Kayne got the gap down to 2 secs before pitting on lap 15. Having no pressure my lap times started to improve, but I also noticed disturboed was moving up the field and was back in second place but still 12 secs gap. I stayed out as long as I dared trying to open the gap and then on lap 17 the gap jumped out to nearly 16 secs so I decided now or never to pit. No tyres and back out to track as disturboed and then @arnold watson zoomed by with Kayne just on my tail. Rode Arnold’s bumper the whole lap, got a better run into the front straight and he let me slide by into turn 1. 5 secs to disturboed and try as I may I could not make any impression.

Lap 22 and he started catching the first of the back markers and I was hoping he might get held up a little but he somehow slipped through some carnage over the back of the circuit and cleared 2 cars in one go. I came up on 3 cars lap 23 just coming onto the gp circuit as @Antmeg26 and Nathan Hacket lost control onto the grass and as Antmeg recovered I was forced over onto the grass. I somehow managed to rejoin the circuit at the top of the hill but now the gap had opened to nearly 7 secs. I slipped past @Dev1lman_87 as he had a little slide exiting the next corner and now had open road ahead to try close the gap. Try as I may, the gap hovered around between 6-7.5 secs but I kept at it.

I kept hoping for a mistake while still trying to maintain concentration but even right up until the last lap where I closed in to nearly 2 secs as disturboed struggled I still did not have enough to take the win.

Again well done disturboed and Kayne on the win and podium.
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    emmo46, SUBGTRACER and Anthonyb like this.
  13. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]

ROUND 3 : SONOMA NATIONAL : SPRINT ROUND :1/7/18
    1 x 14 lap / 1 x 15 lap (formation lap)

- Qual Time - @ 1pm - (1 weather slot - Medium Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 2pm - (Light cloud /Medium cloud)
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - NO
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time

QUAL : 10 mins as normal
    RACE 1 : 14 laps as normal.
    RACE 2 : 15 laps..... For race 2, the room host will set up with the same regs as race 1, BUT ADD 1 LAP.
    - Cars will line up on the grid as normal, BUT ON THE GREEN LIGHT ALL CARS WILL STOP BEFORE TURN 1 AND LINE UP IN REVERSE ORDER FROM RACE 1.

- DO NOT FALSE START AS YOU WILL HAVE TO SERVE A DRIVE THROUGH
    - Once in reverse order the lead car will lead the field round at 'approx" 100KPH.
    - Please try to stay within 1 car length of the car in front
    - BEFORE the last turn, the lead car will slow to 80KPH, and will start the race on the exit of the final hairpin.
    - NO PASSING or OVERLAP till the start finish line.
    Please make sure you are clear how this will work as its a lot different to our normal round races.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST

RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! The brake zone is long, for the guys at the back half of the grid, PLEASE make sure you don't cannonball through the guys in front. Last season was pretty good, however we could always be better ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. Once again, not many places here at Sonoma that you can cut the track without hurting your lap anyway but still.... Drivers will be penalised if they cut the track to gain any advantage.

NO PIT STOPS

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the race without incident. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Garyw61 and Autech91. No protests for the first round. Awesome work guys!! If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    SUBGTRACER likes this.
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  15. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

I hope next race I hope to tangle with you too :)
    Ad2mny likes this.
  16. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

17. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

18. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Hi Guys, I might be a little late tonight (work meeting) maybe on time but just in case i could be around 8.20 before i get on. Will let you know closer to qual time. hopefully you can wait but if not that is fine. if i later then will let you know also and you can start without me.

Will leave my PS4 On Before I get back to quicken things up!
    Will give it my best shot!
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
    PaulCox and Anthonyb like this.
  19. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    sure ull be fine champ
  20. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel