GT Sport Season 3 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 17, 2018.

1. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Ratbag
    JonoStan96 and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  2. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yeah ok
  3. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Totally different context mate. Just a word. Not a criticism of his driving. He wasn't "blocking".

Bandwagon o_O
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    JonoStan96 and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 3 : Dragon Trail Seaside - 2 x 16 laps - 18:30 Fine - SPRINT ROUND
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.
    The start at Seaside will be very packed through the left-right ess. Make sure to leave enough room if still side by side with someone or the outside driver could be pushed into the sand on exit and this could cause a spin off the wall back onto the track. If someone ends up in the wall, the chain reaction will cause major headaches

SPRINT ROUND : The second race is reverse grid based on the race 1 results.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. Be careful with the tighter esses after the downhill and before the final turn. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY TYRE : RH is not mandatory for this round so you may use only RM if you wish

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

and finally...
    TIGHT CHICANE WARNING!!!!!!
    Please be careful with the final tight chicane before the final turn.
    Going into the initial right left, 2 wide fits going flat out, BUT, the next left right will end in the wall. Whoever is leading as you exit the initial right left has right of way and I ENCOURAGE the other car to back off and slot in behind. USE YOUR HEADS.
    razor4797 and stucar17 like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    A dull race from my view, but the cleanliness up front showed some sparks of the good old days.
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    razor4797, MINT_GTR, stucar17 and 3 others like this.
  6. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Blah blah blah
    xlxy90 likes this.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    nice vid Jono.....
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Definitely enjoyed being back properly for a Sunday night league race with a wheel. Had a great battle with Jono at the start, as highlighted in his video (basically us both trying to stay on track with RHs after qualifying on RMs lol)

Congrats @KeedenMcdonald on the win, i said bye to you after lap 1 and then concentrated on getting a podium. Got locked into a strategy battle with @Noremac for the majority of the race, his driving in the middle stint was superb!! Somehow I didn’t crash all race, although my mind wondered at some points which didn’t help!! and was happy to finish 2nd. See you all next Sunday :thumbsup:
  9. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Sadly, no for me again this week.
    But at least that means a definite spot on the grid for Mint_GTR to have another crack at Beau :thumbsup:
    Hatfield likes this.
  10. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Looks like i'm out. Controller is dead and charger has disappeared. Not having much luck at the moment. GL everyone
  11. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    No android phone cables anhwhere? They work fine.
  12. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Well I sucked. Was fun tho. I'll be there next week.
    Hatfield and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  13. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 3
    Qualifying
    [​IMG]

Race 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Race 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Russell, Noremac, deedz_aus and 2 others like this.
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Not much to say about that one, felt I was the 2nd fastest out there, well and truly blew it in qualifying and on lap 1. Then being taken out heavily twice made what should have been a fun night absolute torture.
  15. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I can relate. I was looking at a hight 27 in qualifing until i binned through the bus stop. I was gutted. Had to settle for a 28.4 wich was only enough for 9th. Made a great start, Then risky said not on my watch and then cannonballed me off the track at the end off the first sector on the lap1! Legend. On the plus side i think i made a record number of overtakes through them 2 races.I felt like i had a bit more speed to offer but my rythem kept getting broken due to traffic. Race 2 was similar. Made a great start only this time i stuffed myself, putting me back to second last. So i just put my eyes forward and started coming through the field again. Race1 started 9th went to 14th to 7th Race 2 started 7th went to - 14th to 6th. It felt like i left another good result out there, but it always feels like that lol. All in all a fun night of racing.
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
  16. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    That was my bad mate, tried to hold it round the outside and tried braking on the ripple strip.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  17. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    All good risky. Blame the wheel
  18. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Ummm yep, stupid wheel steering me into your car what a dumb wheel you should be ashamed of yourself
    Russell, xlxy90 and Hatfield like this.
  19. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    That's why there is a minimum age to be allowed to drive on the road.

Lets never let Risky actually drive a real car. Ever.
  20. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I find this mildly amusing as my daughter gets her L's soon.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.