Division 3 - Season 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

So what is a good time around here
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Div1 will be in the 41’s, we’ll be looking around 43-44’s maybe.
    SUBGTRACER and Anthonyb like this.
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    a quick 10 lap blat last night netted me a low 44. probably time left on the table if i invest more practice in it.
    SUBGTRACER likes this.
  4. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    I did a 1:41 :7 last night .... hopefully that's quick enough to get me a good spot on the grid

Div 1
  5. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    If it isn’t too late after spending all my hard earned money tonight I may do a full distance run. If not will have one at about 8-9pm Saturday night.
  6. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    May I ask “on what”
  7. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Grown up responsible stuff unfortunately, but there’s a hefty beer budget so there’s that lol
    SUBGTRACER likes this.
  8. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

9. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Can't race this week due to work commitments or the rest of this season unfortunately. Which is a bugger because I enjoy this car and there is a some good close racing in div3 this season.
    Catch you all next season. Good luck everyone for the rest of the season.
  10. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Let me know if something doesn't add up.
    Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  11. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    No need to change tyres again this week guys. Once you get to about 15 laps though the grip starts to fade as the temp drops, so be especially careful on the ripple strips that weren’t a problem before. Good luck and enjoy the twilight round.
  12. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

not to sure if Im gonna be up to pace but I'll race, just got back from holiday. see you guys soon!
    LOW_NZ likes this.
  13. LOW_NZ

LOW_NZ Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    LOW_NZ
    Hey all, I mate of mine is off shift and is keen for a run around, would there be any objections for him to join? He’s raced with some of us casually before.
  14. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    I would think it would be ok but wouldn’t want it to interfere with the couple of front runners
  15. LOW_NZ

LOW_NZ Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    LOW_NZ
    It’s didnt matter in the end.
  16. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    DSC Nathan Hacket
    [​IMG]

Qualified row two, kept with @disturboed and @arnold watson through the chicane. Had a couple of nips at my heels from @kayne greenwood in the first lap but kept him at bay. Then as we entered the main straight I watched disturboed get stuck on the ripples and head to the sand pit. So it was me and Arnold and we started to pull away from the 3-4 still with the front pack. I decided I would try for the undercut and pit early, to get it out of the way and be able to concentrate on my race. Big mistake. I came out down the pack where @seowster and @LOW_NZ were at it hammer and tong, and I just could not get through. Ended up making contact with Low causing him to spin (sorry teammate) so I waited to redress. Then when I caught back up again on the main straight I ran wide trying to outbrake into the chicane putting me back again. Another couple of little offs and I was nearly 40secs off the leaders who were yet to pit.

Just put my head down and managed to bring the gap slowly down and got tantalisingly close to @ShootSho7t but nowhere near striking distance, and after all had pitted I did manage to somehow undercut Arnold so yay!!

Well done disturboed, Kayne and Shoot
    ShootSho7t and kayne greenwood like this.
  17. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    My total race time in seems broken!! No way i finished 2 minutes ahead of 2nd, LOL. It was less than 3 seconds gap to 2nd.

Put in a semi-decent lap for quali, but not my best, and Arnold just pipped me by a whisker and my final flyer wasn't good enough. So started 2nd.

Good start, Arnolds was better and maintained the lead. He was a bit skittish on the cooler tyres, so I hung back a little for the first lap to pick my spot a bit later. But that all came undone when I hit that darn ripple strip on the exit of final turn and it sucked me into the sand, and pointed me straight into the wall. Glanced the concrete, which spun me 270 degrees so I kept it planted and slid back onto the track and pointed in the right way, now back to 6th.

Was surprised to see Ads pit so early, I had been looking at the gaps and thought a pit stop now would put me straight back into traffic so held off. Maintained good pace and never let the gap to the leaders grow too big. Had another last turn off, at least time didn't hit the wall, just through the sand. Picked off a couple, and others started to pit, so eventually found my way into 2nd by the later laps. Arnold still out in front. Pulled back a 5 second gap when Arnold had a loose going into the chicane after T1. I had committed to the corner and drilled him in the back quarter making him complete the spin and bringing me to a dead stop. Luckily he was facing the correct direction and got going very quickly (even before I realised I was sitting there in neutral revving the tits off the thing). We both maintained our spots. It was about lap 18/19 or something like that when this happened so I decided to pit as I had a good gap back to 4th and 3rd still hadn't pitted either.

Arnold pitted on the final lap, after I got the gap down to 5 seconds again after he had a mistake somewhere so i took the lead on the final lap, and that's the one you have to be in first for!

Well done to @kayne greenwood and @ShootSho7t for the podium.
  18. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Yeah was a good race well raced all some good close racing. Whats up with the results as it says disturboed was 2minutes ahead of us

I was pretty happy with my result despite no practice at all until 2 hour prior and even then I struggled to get under 44s for a good while. Once the quali started there wasn't much in lap times and thankfully I got a decent start off the line.. was good close racing for a few laps and I had a horrid middle section where my lap times varied a lil bit as I forgot to save the 1l pit strat as I deleted it from last weeks enduro so for about 6 or so laps I watched 1st and 2nd drift away a lil bit 5-7secs. After a while I just thought :):):):) it I'll just go with the default one get the pit out of the way and focus on the race as its too hard to not have all your attention on this car on this track - either that or I suck at multi tasking, probably the latter haha.

Once all the pits were done I had disturboed just ahead at 3 secs and for the remainder of the race our pace was more or less the same and really the only chance I had catching him was if he made a mistake which proved to not be the case - good run disturboed you raced with a vengeance tonight to make up for that horrible dc you had last week.

Thank you to all who showed tonight, everyone is proving to be quicker the further into the season we go as everyones starting to get grips on this car now so the final 3 rounds should be very interesting
    ShootSho7t and Ad2mny like this.
  19. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  20. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    i've got the same times on the shot i took of the results too, very weird