GT Sport Season 3 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 17, 2018.

1. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Sorry for not making it guys. Was out all day and needed to spend some time with my daughter
  2. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    RESULTS pending (any) protests:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    9th: @Green Terror DSC lap 14, FL: 1:55.952
    10th @fezza DSC lap 9, FL: 2:00.214
    Tristan Jones, deedz_aus and Matthyus like this.
  3. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
    I absolutely nailed the start, then it was all down hill from there, as soon as I switched to RH I couldn’t put down a clean lap, top that with an off on the 15th lap and I just couldn’t keep it together, tried to keep @pat65 honest but he was too quick on his RM’s. I’ll take second and FL, but I know I wasted what was probably my best track! Congrats again Pat! See y’all in The Green Hell!
    Tristan Jones, pat65 and deedz_aus like this.
  4. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    1st trip back after a couple of weeks and it was an interesting round, only really started practicing today so was happy to qualify mid pack, started ok but Jonesy and Rae snuck past me on the first corner so settled in behind them until Rae hit the wall at turn 2 and didn't ghost as he bounced across the track in front of me, just a bad luck deal that cost me 2 spots. from there it was run down and battle with Fezza then the same with Gregory, this battle went on for the whole race with us taking turns at looping it several times. all in all not as bad as I expected and this time I didn't get lapped so that's a good sign.
    Tristan Jones and deedz_aus like this.
  5. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    5th at Bathurst!! Some practise paid off. Well done to Pat and podium.

Highlights for me include wifey walking in to see if i was available to relieve her after an hour of screaming baby...that was at the start of conrod, and i looped it...with my reaction to crashing she walked out apologising before saying anything...i did some good settling after the race...

Crashing into @rossi0nsx on the 2nd last lap was my other highlight...was thinking about whether to protest but when I logged in here I saw he messaged me straight after the race, said sorry and that he slowed down for me but then saw me spin and took off. IMHO this makes all the difference...and not worth protesting. Shouldn't protesting be about making the next race cleaner? Sure there are lost points, but that is racing. After going from 2nd to 7th by running into Greg in a similar situation, when I saw Rossi crash in front of me I tried hard to avoid him - I slowed and went to the far edge of the track...and still ran into him.

I kept with my planned strategy of RH till lap 15 then RM, was surprised to see a few different strategies used. Hats off to @Hatfield for creating the different opportunities here with the tyre and fuel rules.

I tried soo hard to not spin. I used to get good positionsjust by not crashing...but the last few races I have had a few woopseys. I knew the first and last corners were my most common spins...so was very conservative there. So I had a win on that front...wifey crash and rossi crash were my only major offs. I lost a couple seconds in the grass on hells corner and a few other minor ones, but was almost keeping pace with deeds, who usually has good pace on me.

Poor @Green Terror, I thought I might have had a good battle at the end with him, though was really just hoping to stay in front of him!

Had a great chase of Rossi, only got past him in the first place because of his off, he got it back with pace from a nice exit from the elbow. He pitted lap 8? or so...I guess he used RM first? After my loop at the start of conrod and pitting lap 15, he was in front again and stayed there...though the gap was 0.5-2.5 for the balance of the race, till I crashed into him!
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thanks to the guys behind the scenes who help me with testing to get to these outcomes
  7. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Re-posting the results to include RAE1982 as he was not visible to a few people after the restart.
    Qualifying
    [​IMG]
    Result
    [​IMG]
    Lap times.
    [​IMG]
  8. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Qualified 2nd on a lap that was compromised, but happy to be up at the pointy end.
    Decided to start on the hard compound and got a great start and was leading up mountain straight but unfortunately we had two stuck on the grid and had to restart.
    Bob got the better of the second start and started pulling away as he was on mediums. I settled into second place, not pushing too hard, just trying to stay consistent and mistake free. I think Bob got out to about a 10 second at one stage before pitting on lap 10 and handing the lead over to me.
    I chose to pit on lap 15 and came out in third, a few seconds behind Bob with Deedz a couple of seconds in front of him.
    I knew I had the faster tyres And was catching fast. Bob got past Deedz and I passed Deedz as well after he grazed the wall at Forest Elbow. By lap 18 I was all over Bob and had the slipstream on Condod. Unfortunately I didn't quite get past and we were side by side coming into the chase. We tried to give each other room but there was contact with me coming off worse and losing a few seconds. Managed to catch up pretty quickly and overtook cleanly on Conrod the next lap. Bob then tried a very ambitious move up the inside on the last corner which didn't stick.
    With four laps to go and a clear track I built up a nice gap, until lap 22. On Mountain Straight I went to lap Colin who moved over to give me room but unfortunately he moved a bit far and touched the grass, causing him to come back across just as I was passing him. I hit the wall and sustained front end danage, losing valuable seconds. Bob was within two seconds again but I managed to regain my composure and continue on to victory.
    Thanks for the good racing guys, it was a huge releif after last weeks race where I was pretty upset affer a certain incident which cost me dearly.
  9. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    What was with that?

Just buggy or something I guess...but 5 of us were stuck on grid, thanks for restart!

Before 2nd start in lobby screen and you called 11, I could only see 10. I couldn't see RAE there?? My race result screen at the end appeared like Gregs above. RAE said he only had 6 racers on screen.
  10. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Not sure what happened, it' the first time I've had any real issues. Rae could see everyone up until the restart.
  11. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    There has been some grid issues from the start of the week.
    Grids being in the wrong order etc.
  12. Green Terror

Green Terror New Recruit

Gutted that the power went off in only my suburb in QLD on lap 14. Double angry after last week qualifying first, having fastest lap and then getting taken out mid race while leading....
    deedz_aus likes this.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    channel all that emotion during the 1 week break and come back to win the 3 remaining races!!
  14. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Not gonig to comment anymore. Pretty sure I was leading..
  15. Green Terror

Green Terror New Recruit

the video in the forum shows the incident quite clearly...
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    we are thinking slight lag could have contributed. I think we can leave it there now
  17. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I saw him leave after the grid glitch but never join back.... or is that how it works compared to gt6 where their name bar would candy cane
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you see him leave, and he sees you leave but you are both still in the room
  19. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  20. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Yay! Maybe I'll come and join you in div3 next season if i keep this up...if you aren't in div 2 by then...

I think the telling factor is getting my consistancy back. I was getting very consistant for a while, but was still a little off the pace, even in div 4. So I tried to push myself more, which worked and improved pace...but meant I came off the track more too. I was deliberately racing a bit more conservative at Bathurst, and ended up faster...

I didn't hit my practise time of low 55 in race, though got close. Got a qually of 57, shocker!