Season 15: Taxi's in Flannelette's!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 3, 2018.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Practice server is up "RaceOnOZ.com Blackwood(Race 1 open)Practice" this is open with no password atm, the race servers will have a password you can get on discord on the night.

EDIT: I also added a second practice server with the reversed Blackwood track if some want to run laps online before the race tonight.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Rolz likes this.
  2. Flouncy

Flouncy Rookie

In for this.

e: change of plans won't be able to make it tonight.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  3. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Just a heads up everybody - on the reverse version of Blackwood, DO NOT drive past the last brick tower in the pits on the right hand side of it. It looks like there may be an exit to the track there, but don't do it.

If you do, you'll fall into an infinite hole in the track where your car will continually fall forever, therefore you won't be able to ESC back to pits as the car will still be 'moving', forcing you to CTRL-ALT-ESC and have to kill Assetto
    jlynn777 and Bogor like this.
  4. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Sorry I think I'll give this a miss, havn't been on the track before and with little time to learn it I'd be a moving road block.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I had never seen the reverse layout before today but only takes about 10-15 laps to get the flow of it and lap times are fairly short 1:12ish. Having ran the regular a long time back I knew the basic flow of that but that's about it. Then going to the reverse layout it didn't help in the slightest as the corners are so different. I just ran my setup from Nürburgring used the 3rd bottom gear ratio (maybe middle one) and for regular have right side pressures 1psi higher then left and for reverse layout go the opposite. Supersoft tyres should be ok for the races, I didn't run a full distance but in 20 minutes they were fine which is nearly the race distance. Didn't see any need to run the softs here.

Its a non points round so it doesn't really matter if you don't know the track that well it will be the same for many and seems the main purpose by @Anon666 for the late announcement.
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah lads, non-competitive round. Mic's on, chance to have a bit of fun. I've done 2 laps and will happily use the default set up so don't feel like you're going get in the road. In order for us to test the qual procedures we need as many people as possible.
    c4rLo5 and marty like this.
  7. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I'll be on with no prior knowledge of the track.
    I am always the rolling road block, however I just have fun.
    It will be interesting if I can learn it fast, I don't think I will be up there with the fast guys. I hope I can get some nice battles at the back.
    Andrew Malcolm, Rolz and c4rLo5 like this.
  8. kylemaher23

kylemaher23 New Recruit

Battles at the back are where it's at!! :thumbsup::cool:
    c4rLo5 and Bogor like this.
  9. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

OK I guess I'm racing then. :unsure:
    Rolz, c4rLo5 and Bogor like this.
  10. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

awesome night of racing.
    hail rolz the new alien.
    KoAStR, marty, jlynn777 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

haha ur too kind mate, I had definitely track knowledge normal and reverse (we did rx7's here reverse one season) and normal is basically the only online LFS track u find on the free version...
    if we'd had a normal week I'd be back down the pack as normal, but for tonight I'll gladly take the wins :)
    Thanks for the great racing and sorry once again @Bogor for the bump/hit that sent you off...
    KoAStR, jlynn777 and ed40t like this.
  12. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

dont be humble. Smashed us, well deserved.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Good to see a few guys make it out to a non championship round tonight.

Here are the race results in stracker as for some reason the server didn't save any results for race 1.

Was fun to race tonight on an unfamiliar track with unfamiliar hardware. :D Was no match for @Rolz but at least the regular direction I had ran the track years ago. The reverse is fun and both quite good layouts but was my first time seeing that layout tonight.

Heres a couple of pics of the new pedals, quite a change from the G27 and will take some time to adjust still.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Peter Wise, ed40t, NPRK and 9 others like this.
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Was fun racing, prety happy to keep @marty behind me in race one, not a bad result considering I have never seen the track in any game until tonight. Race two wasn’t so great, binned 4 fast quali laps in a row and ended up further back then I would have liked, tried to just keep it as clean as possible on the restart and got away ok for a while, felt I had a bit more pace then those up front but completely made a mess of it trying to pass in to the chicane and face planted the tyres on the left side. Good track, more a fan of the normal layout at this stage as reverse wasn’t kind to me... lol. Sorry for any nudges, there were a couple...
  15. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Morning all... found this online and it looked pretty cool...
    I've printed it out for reference... l'm a big fan of flowcharts... keeps is simple for me
    [​IMG]
    tezpez85, stucar17, Bogor and 2 others like this.
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Prety handy looking. Well done on the domination btw, really glad that wasn’t a points round... lol
    Rolz likes this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last night I did try the night mod for ac and the AC 4 seasons weather and lighting mod. Pretty cool and likely test this in a fun run post season if we find a way to make the server work outside the default 8am to 6pm. The weather mod is very cool and could be used but all would need it installed, again would need testing so after this season we can try some fun runs with this. I will setup a practice server using the mod later for people to test it out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rolz likes this.
  18. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

fark they look the goods! Probably worth more than my race car. haha
    jlynn777 and Rolz like this.
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I will give this a shot after the season is done, the screenshots I’ve seen so far almost rival ACC screenshots!
    Hopefully there will be a few updates and optimisations in the coming weeks
  20. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

That was fun last night! Grand Slam by Rolz :thumbsup:
    It was cool to try learn a track and make a setup with a short amount of time - I never learned how to do the reverse track though ( Koastr and Stiggy will testify - sorry!!) Speaking of which, anyone got a replay of that epic pile-up from the first attempt of the reverse track? :roflmao: I had no where to go, so when I noticed Krunch getting some airtime my best option was to put my foot down to try burrow underneath him :whistling:

The top 10 shoot out was cool too.
    If you had to start on the tyres and fuel you qualified with then I think it could be worth pursuing. And/or if you only get 1 or two hot laps as I think it should be a 'do or die' session.
    Thanks for organizing it :)
    tezpez85, Bogor, Rolz and 1 other person like this.