Division 1 - Season 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2018.

1. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Thanks Subby, I know one day when I'm on my roof , you'll get me back on my wheels.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    SUBGTRACER likes this.
  2. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
  3. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Car ping pong down the back straight should be pretty
    Yes when you are in you room and you fall over in your wheel chair I will roll you over back onto your wheels ! :)
    That's not what you are saying is it .
    If I ever see you on your roof you can count on me to T bone you my friend :p
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ok at this stage the weather settings need tweaking.

We are looking at 22 laps

Preliminary weather settings will be changed to:

Rain
    Med Cloud
    Light Cloud
    Clear.

These may change depending on how testing goes.

An official pre-race event description will be posted once we have tested properly.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  5. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Awsome
  6. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Yeah , I meant roof , ha ha , didn't check it .
  7. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    What do you guys think about the latest patch ?

For me after a recalibrate (thanks benny) I lowered the setting that loosens the wheel by 2 clicks as things felt a little wobbly , the tyre heat graduation is nice feels really lose lap 1, lap 2 slowly heating up to temp , lap 3 pushing on the pedal hard .
    The simulation of the tyres seem much more stable in there temps rising and lowering in my opinion , they cook pretty quickly when you lose it and stomp on the loud pedal to keenly .
    I assume the 1 ltr pits are still the go , graphics seem to be better and frame rate more stable on the pro with graphics set to option 2 as there are 3 options on the pro .... 1 favour frame rate , 2 dinamic resolution with stable frame rate , 3 resolution .

To me most things seem to be working pretty well at the moment .
    @ Stu I do have some tweeked wheel settings if you are keen for your t500 .
    stucar17 and Ad2mny like this.
  8. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Let me know if you see something that doesn't look right
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  10. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Tried to get on for testing last night but no one else joined, then I got booted twice from my own lobby so gave up. I did manage a 15 min practice using the qualifying settings and there were no puddles? Not sure what was going on. Would be keen to test full distance tonight just to confirm track settings if anyone is available?
  11. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Puddles only form once race starts, doesn’t seem too bad
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]

ROUND 5 : HOCKENHEIM GP : 22 LAPS : 1/7/18 - WET TO DRY RACE

- Qual Time - @ 1pm - (1 weather slot - LIGHT RAIN)
    - Race Time - @ 2pm - (Light rain / Medium Cloud / Light Cloud / Clear )
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : ACCELERATED
    - Weather progression : Sync to race

This is a lap when the rain has wet the track to its full extent, and the following lap the rain stops.

Areas to watch out for:

[​IMG]
    Turn 3. This is just at the end of sector 1, there are two patches on the circuit. The first is mid corner which will make the rear step out, and the second is on the outside (right side) of the track on the exit. This latter patch gets worse after the rain stops and will pull you off the circuit, so try to avoid this bit.

[​IMG]
    Middle straight. This is just after the sector 1 timing mark and also has 2 sections. The first part is almost all of the left hand bend, and is unavoidable. Just try to control the drift as best you can. The second part is a strip across the circuit just shortly after the first section ends. This one is also unavoidable, but will only upset the car if you are turning sharply as you hit it.

[​IMG]Turn 5 hairpin. Big puddle forms on the inside. Will slow you down heaps.

[​IMG]
    Turn 6. This one also seems to get worse as the rain stops, with the second strip closest to the turn forming first, and then the first strip as the rain stops. No sudden turns and you will be ok.

[​IMG]
    Turn 8. Stay wide of this one, it will turn you around.

[​IMG]
    Turn 9. This is just entering the stadium section, and is off line so is easy to avoid under most circumstances, but just be aware it is there as it will pull you off the circuit.

[​IMG]
    Turn 10. Right in the braking zone. A big strip and then a narrow strip. Avoid turning and you will be fine.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST

RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! The brake zone is long, for the guys at the back half of the grid, PLEASE make sure you don't cannonball through the guys in front. Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. A number of danger areas, Turn 1, Turn 5 hairpin exit, Turn 6 outside, Turn 8 outside, and running wide on the final double right. Drivers will be penalised if they cut the track to gain any advantage.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : YES. Of course you will need to change tyres to SEMI-SLICK as the track dries. You will need to save a Caterham strategy, with 1L of fuel, SEMI-SLICK tyres and turn off all damage repairs. Make sure you select that strategy before you go to the track in qual, and then check it in the ready up screen before race start.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry for Hockenheim is just before you round the final turn on the right hand side of the circuit, and is very tricky as there are two strips of water as you turn along the pit lane just before you cross the control line. You will need to be at 60KLM at the pit entry control line, any more than that you will receive a penalty, or a possible DSQ if you go in way too fast.

PIT EXIT : Drivers MUST use the full pit exit lane, which rejoins the track at the entry to TURN 2. You must remain to the right inside the exit lines and be aware of fast approaching traffic. If you are on the circuit and approaching the pit exit as someone is exiting, be sure to make some room to avoid contact. If you time it right, and you are side by side with a driver as you exit, you will be up to race pace as you enter the braking zone for turn 2, so you will be able to challenge for the turn. However, a dive under the brakes is not recommended on cold tyres. A little courtesy can avoid ruining 2 races...

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the race without incident. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Garyw61 and Autech91. No protests at all so far which is brilliant work guys!! If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

A tricky round this one. Good luck all.
  13. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Crap!! Here’s the wet lap

Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  14. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Who's lap was that?
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    That was me limping around... Just wanted to give an idea of the conditions at their worst not an actual hot lap.
    Spidey_11, Anthonyb and AOCleaner74 like this.
  16. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Div 1 for you mate!
    PaulCox, SUBGTRACER, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  17. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Yeah, the unofficial rule... hot lap videos = automatic div 1 promotion :roflmao:
    Spidey_11, Ad2mny, SUBGTRACER and 2 others like this.
  18. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I've never done one,how the hell I am here!
    SUBGTRACER and Anthonyb like this.
  19. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    By the way what is happening the round after this. State of origin is on so not sure who will make it....I know I won't race
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  20. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    What about the final round too? I like to watch junior master chef