Battlefield: General Discussion & ROOZ Platoon

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, May 7, 2016.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  2. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    He he never try barta with a Chinese man
    Mustafur likes this.
  3. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Went back into Bf1 yesterday to start getting ready for BFV and had a blast, I always forget how good battlefield is after they get it right.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Anyone else get a chance to give the beta a go?

Lost my footage I had saved but played a fair bit with @KeedenMcdonald and we were massively disappointed. The gunfights are the usual Battlefield fare, the pinnacle of FPS action but the whole package is a watered down mess of horrific contrasts, almost no content whatsoever, terrible frame rates and truly baffling design choices. I’m sure you’ve heard the whole SJW debate with women fighting on the frontlines so I’ll digress.

I have to say whatever direction EA/Dice are taking the series, it’s the wrong direction. BF4 got it so right with a huge catalog of weapons and maps (even before DLC), but since Hardline they’ve removed all the content and replaced it with lens flares. BF1 was fun for a week but got old very fast. The game changed little from the beta so I expect the same for BFV. The month delay wont help it either. Might pick it up for campaign but Blackout looks more appealing day by day.
    stucar17 likes this.
  5. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I totally disagree Jono, I think it is heading the right way with more of a hardcore style instead the CoD style BF1 was going towards, you actually need to play tactically now instead of just grenade spam BS, the way BF should be. DICE have mentioned how ambient sound wasn't working on the maps so they came across as sterile but I think you'll find a major improvement on release.

Admittedly I'm a BF fanboi and cannot stand CoD and my preferred mode has always been hardcore but I can understand how the more casual FPS player would tend to like Blackout more but I'm hypedAF for BFV.
  6. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    As someone who spent way too many hours on the Black Ops 4 Private Beta I can say that COD has done something right. Battle Royale is a huge thing these days as we have seen in Fortnite and Pubg. I can see this generation of shooters (BFV v BO4) being less about a grudge match and more who can stay relevant. I didn't get the chance to try out BFV so can't and won't comment on it so far. However what I can say is that Blackout on BO4 is going to become the biggest game mode since Fortnite itself came out. Only a beta and Treyarch have already done so much right. Unless BFV can introduce something to set itself apart (or in this case, include itself) then I can't really see BFV trumping cod this time around.
    JonoStan96 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  7. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Blackout Beta was very good i played more blackout in the beta than i have on the entirety of Fortnite. The vehicles make getting around the map much less of a drag and without any cancer base building elements that people can perfect to get an edge it makes it a lot more balanced and fun, plus a better weapon selection and physics.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    You’re the first person I’ve seen make that kind of judgement, the general consensus is BF is going down the toilet, no amount of tactics is gonna save you from being shot in the back within 5 seconds of spawning in your objective. Each to their own I guess.
  9. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    From what I've seen online the major criticism is coming from poor little delicate flowers that want dorito's all over the map, no recoil or bullet drop and no female characters, no one that I know that likes the true BF feel is complaining.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    well looks like we've found our 2 rooz BF faction leaders
    JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Shame it’s an irrelevant game so scrap that idea

I’ll be on GTA blowing half the map up if y’all need me
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    What’s the true BF feeling then? These last 2 (even 3 games) have been the biggest departure from the series since BF 2142, there’s a reason why BF4 servers are still going strong to this day despite the game being ancient in modern terms.
  13. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Unfortunately Hat I'm tied up elsewhere.

BF1 was certainly different but once they sorted the bugs out it wasn't a bad game but they should have sorted the planes, atty trucks and grenade spam, I'm in a clan with nearly 1000 members across 9 platoons the the majority are all for BFV after the beta, it was an each way bet before then. I'm still expecting it to be a buggy pos on launch day btw but that is how EA/DICE roll.
  14. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @Bogor is that you I have seen in a few BF1 servers lately as |_Bogor_| or similar?
  15. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Nope, not me. There are a few Bogor's about. Most likely Indonesians as it is the name of a city in Indonesia.