Season IV - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Well you've seen what my decision making is like ill probably end up with 4 copies of it
    Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Easily the most fun I’ve had this season, sadly the 5th round in a row that’s slipped through my fingers.

I held the advantage in the early stages, by being on the harder compound first, I could go harder on the softer tyre later on for longer. Unfortunately the rain shower put paid to that.

It was a great battle up front, a mistake in dirty air allowed Majacko to break free and pull a gap, but once his tyres went off I began the charge. In hindsight I should have tried harder to pass in order to try and force the issue on strategy. The skies were very blue as my stint ended, my game still suggested I would exit the pits in first so I assumed Majacko had a penalty of some sort or a spin. Except no, when I did pit, I came out 13 bloody seconds behind. And the clouds suddenly got black. And Jeff now decides to tell me rain is coming shortly. Thanks you useless prick.

I thought the rain would start falling at the very end as this is one of the fastest races on the calendar and the computer had the rain showing at 90+ mins. If I knew the rain would come that early, I would have stopped well before lap 30 and had much better track position.

That’s most of the excuses done with, I began chasing like a madman, however like so often this season luck was not on my side, as soon as I began to take a second a lap out of the lead, the rain began to fall. A switch onto inters left me 13 seconds behind somehow, undoing all the hard work I did on the Supers. Not sure how I lost around 4 seconds in a pit stop but ok. (I might be wrong on that bit of info, can’t quite remember now lol) My pace was very strong, I had a sniff of the win. I smelt a wounded animal but I ran out of laps. Still I was happy to cross the line just a second down on Majacko after not much went right in middle part of the race. I had a lot of fun. Lesson learnt, always have track position. I was outsmarted and he thoroughly deserved the win.

The title is looking more and more like an impossibility now, nothing less than two 1sts will do.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. El Majacko

El Majacko Rookie

5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Drop round is a load of crap lolol
  6. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    may i sak why the people who quit after 15-20 laps in get points
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    i did 52 laps and only got 1 more point than Russel..could have did 22 laps and ended up in the same position
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    your call
    @JonoStan96
  9. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    I understand if they did 3/4 of the race and got a disconnect.....but if u quit as far as im concerned thats a DNF by choice and u come last and get no points.

But i 100% stand by what u guys decide
    razor4797 likes this.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    i get what you are saying.
    In another game, if you DSC that's it. But in F1, your car continues to circulate and you have the chance to rejoin
    PaulCox likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    You gave me and Mint no points for quitting a race in the HSV when we were used as battering rams the whole time, the stance on rage quits changes more often than government changes its stance on banking royal commissions lol
    El Majacko and Hatfield like this.
  12. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    that drove me up the wall when Russel didnt retire the car....kept saying i was racing the guy behind when it was actually a front runner then only when i got in his way would it say...blue flag blue flag get out of the way....rrrrrrr felt bad about that
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @Russell Can you confirm that you disconnected and couldn’t rejoin?
  14. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    Nice vid. #bringbackdamage
    seth123, El Majacko and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. El Majacko

El Majacko Rookie

I agree about the damage. I think there would be less contact that way due to the deterrent of wing damage. Monaco will be interesting in that regard. I really hope no-one wall-rides. :cautious:
    PaulCox and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Damage was better, but the series died when we used realistic settings
    So now it’s a mild 7 round event anything goes
    El Majacko, Kieran_B33 and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I was less keen for the 100% because of no damage. I wasn’t sad to miss being forced to circulate the entire race potentially down so many laps without the risk of a DNF and without the possibility of others crashing out to improve my position.

I think damage just affected a bunch of whingers who couldn’t stay out of trouble.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    You don't need damage to improve your position. There are other things like codemaster bugs and chance of rain leading to possiblity of others making incorrect tyre choices or making them too early/late :) I started 10th and finished 6th.

I miss damage because you don't get safety cars without it :(
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hot tip everyone, don’t try and run an F1 league, you can’t please anyone lol
    El Majacko, PaulCox and Hatfield like this.
  20. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Doin a TIP TOp job mate :)