Season IV - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Apr 20, 2018.

1. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

i wont be on the grid tomoro night, i cant race at Spa (goddamnit) because of the calender change & have no motivation to race at Monaco, the most stupid track of all for f1cars, in a game that is op'd with glitches to maybe go racing with a couple of other cars...

thanx to Jono for rooz f1 existing at all & the fabulous memories i will take from it

cheers fellas & all the best
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Laaaaame
    Hope to see you back on 2018 mate, been a pleasure :)
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    DRIVERS BRIEFING R6 - Monaco Grand Prix - 39 Laps
    Previous Winner: Keeden
    Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.
    [​IMG]

TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. WALL RIDING IS NOT PERMITTED.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

PRE-RACE: You must wait until a call to ready in the PS4 chat. This will be approximately 45 seconds after the F1 intro sequence, more than enough time to setup a race strategy. DO NOT hit X until the ready call is sent.

FORMATION LAP: This season will see the introduction of the formation lap to set the clutch bitepoint and to warm up tyres. Please avoid overtaking other cars and leave space.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your ego and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning.

PIT STOPS: This season will introduce realistic pit stops. You must slow down to the indicated speed limit otherwise you will earn a stop and go penalty. You must also pull away from the pits using the clutch, and deactivate the pit limiter on the pit exit line.

BLUE FLAGS: Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty.

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS: You are to PM myself, @Viperzed & @Hatfield should you want to raise a protest. The main Stewards group thread will have all the necessary info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

GROUP CHAT: The chat will be used to convey vital information between sessions. Please do not spam the chat during a qualifying or race session unless it is to warn drivers regarding lag.

QUITTING: This is a huge problem in this game, remember in this series, a safety car will bring you back into the fight. As usual, if you need to leave, make sure you retire the car before leaving the lobby. It is also asked that you do not chuck a hissy fit and take out the brake markers. Rage quitting has become far too frequent and is heavily affecting the race results. In all ROOZ races you must aim to finish the race and/or not cause problems for those still racing. Please do not exit the race unless you absolutely need to.

RECORD YOUR RACE!: Please remember to record your footage via pre recording it or saving it after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspeective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on an incident.
    razor4797 and El Majacko like this.
  4. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Im out tonight guys. :):):):) news day
  5. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    I'm not going to race for the rest of the season. The more i try to enjoy playing this game the more i end up hating it. I just feel i need to focus on other things at the moment. Have fun tonight and next week.
  6. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I don't think I'll make it for tonight
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    El Majacko likes this.
  8. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    So who is actually racing :laugh:?? Is there any point if the grid won’t be any bigger than 3 rows?
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    after qualifying 4th it looked to be another duel with @razor4797 on the cards.

But... I made 2 errors tapping the rear tyres on the inside of certain turns causing half spins and lost the gap.

I came home charging, bringing the gap down and razor had a penalty but the gap in the end was 1 sec in his favour

here's hoping we get a larger grid for the finale
    Russell and razor4797 like this.
  10. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Felt like I could of got you into turn one, but i really didnt want to be the filling of the front pack sandwich lol.
    Hatfield likes this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes your start was awesome! so thank you for pulling out of it lol
    Russell likes this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    For the final round (after drop round), if @JonoStan96 wins, @El Majacko needs a podium to win the championship
    El Majacko likes this.
  13. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Well, I said it in the PSN Chat, but I really do think that was close to the best 19 laps I’ve done in this entire series. And I still came last hahaha. But overall, it seemed pretty consistent lap wise for me, felt like I was going quick by my standards and was keeping it off the walls pretty well. I honestly think the fact I’d spent the day doing GT sports driving school actually helped (all Gold, by the way).

Had basically an imaginary battle with Fezza. I passed his car a good 6 times with him always being in the wall, only to not move up a position and he’d reappear up the track. No idea if I was actually keeping up with him or wether some kind of lag was just playing games with me.

Then Russel ended up behind me some how. I guess he pitted twice. Not sure how hard he was pushing, but I was putting in my best laps lap after lap to keep him behind me. Then, coming into turn 1 (can’t remember which lap), I came in a bit hard, needed an extra downshift, and put it in the wall hard enough and straight enough to get stuck. That’s when I went a lap down and lost the position. In saying that, I think Jono was catching fast, and the fact Russel went a lap down I think I would’ve been a lap down either way. I think making it 19 laps at Monaco and only being 1 lap down is a massive improvement on anything I’ve done previously.

Having finally played GT sport, I kind of wish F1 had a similar “beginners” process. Would love if I could do a track sector by sector to get to perfection.
    Russell, Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I was doing ok until trying to eez into the race/track until got a 5sec stop go penalty for speeding in the pits. For some stupid reason I went and served it the next lap. Not knowing that I would change tires lol also not using the extra grip at the end were i may have been able to use it to a advantage. One of my many brain farts i do every race lol. So after pitting lap 7 for super softs I pitted lap 8 with a 5 sec penalty back on ultra softd lol. I really need to play this game a bit more. I was just starting to work it out when I caught you Pepsi. But you did really well keeping me behind. By the time you made s mistake and I got past fezza was just to far up the road.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID

Nice to finally have a race where nothing went wrong for once! Sadly it’s too late for a charge home with 16 points probably being lost at the end.

Having no damage on was a bit of a bummer, it really took a lot of the challenge out of the track. Was pleased to get the pole.
    Lap 1 was anything but straight forward, the car felt shocking and I was all over the place. But once I settled into a rhythm the gap grew and grew until I could relax. With Majacko dropping back rapidly I cruised home to an easy win with sadly no fireworks.

Hopefully the best track on the calendar will produce a bigger room, I need as many people as possible to help take away points!

Anyway, it’s more Monaco stats that will be interesting while you’re viewing this thread but you’ll forget 15 seconds after logging out of ROOZ time!

‘First’ win for a car with the #1.
    Monaco is now the only race to have been won by all 4 engine manufacturers.
    Jono and Majacko continue to be the only drivers with at least 5 podiums this season.
    This is the second night race to not end with fireworks. The other was Bahrain S2 which ended in the morning.
    Jono has won the last 3 night races.
    Majacko will aim to become the first driver to win the championship being behind at the final round (despite being ahead on drop round points)
    Hatfield, PaulCox and razor4797 like this.
  17. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Hoping everyone can make the final race at spa for the last time on F1 2017 would be good to have a half decent field...i like this track
    Hatfield likes this.
  18. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Can I race this thursday?
  19. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Do you have a permit
  20. KeedenMcdonald