GT - Future Seasons ideas thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    deedz_aus likes this.
  2. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    All part and parcel of sim-racing. Kangaroos jump across the track at Bathurst. Organisers and marshalls try to prevent it, but it happens, and sometimes cars hit them. Everyone is aware of the challenges presented before them when entering a series. If people really feel strongly against it they just won't race. I doubt you'd see more than one or two refuse in protest.
    Tristan Jones and Hatfield like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that's a good point...
    Tristan Jones and AroGantz like this.
  4. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I have had minor bumper damage. . . more from my own mistakes than others...and rarely had big crashes that effect the motor, and reduce speed. I realise some tracks are different than others...like the bus stop at Dragon Trail...but are there many instances where people have had issues with this due to lag?

I have made a couple of passes of lagging cars, and haven't come unstuck...feels hairy, but allowing extra room did the trick in thoses cases - apart from a couple of player specific instances, has anyone seen much lag? Am I just lucky and not seen much? I know once HON lost players and unlocked regions to reduce wait times, lag was horrible when Aussies connected with CIS (Russia) - but luckily GT Sport seems to have enough players that this isn't an issue. Is Aussie membership growing i wonder, or will we one day have a bigger issue in lag? Servers seem great compared to HON?
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    another point on the full damage aspect...
    the assetto corsa championship has been affected by damage in the final round on one of the contenders so it may not be the best idea after all
  6. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I just though it would be worth throwing it out there but we'll get a good idea of the effect in the Endurance Championship, no ghosting interests me more and lag won't affect that since a lagging car rarely ghosts anyway.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  7. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

That was a genuine incident and not caused by lag by looks of it. Thats racing imo.......and yes it sucks if you are on the receiving end :/
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Sooooo... Can we lock in the Red Bull Jr for S5, F-1500GA for S6 and Toyota Supra Racing Concept for S7?
    Seengs we weren’t even allowed to vote on a car for S4 which was based on leftover scraps for votes.
    Mustafur likes this.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah that was poor form, over 30 votes basically don't count and a limited selection of only 2 road cars in that poll, if we have to have a road car next season it has to have a fresh poll.

It's made worse by the fact that there was no information saying this was going to happen.
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Ill take that supra thanx
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    +1
  12. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

13. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Not sure if this suggestion has been raised in the past, but for future seasons could we look at raising the Fuel Consumption rating for races significantly to allow for fuel strategies? So if the benchmark is say around 3-4 FM in any said car, we could use strategies to run leaner or richer but have to fuel less or more often during the race.

I know it adds an extra level of complexity, but currently its just mainly tyre strats with very little input required to map the fuel loads as most of the time its run of FM1 :)
    Mezign, LennonLegend1993 and xlxy90 like this.
  14. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

I concur.
    Matthyus likes this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok no worries
  16. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Oh snap.

But on a serious note, I do agree with Deedz. Adds a little more strategy and thought to each race.
    deedz_aus likes this.
  17. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I used to have great thoughts on the loo, now I have kids so I have an audience and the thoughts aren't the same quality...

+1 to this idea, I must find that future seasons ideas...i would love a longer race, one and 2 hours sounds like a great length. I was contemplating that when we had that 30 min endurance race at Bathurst the other night - thinking this little practise run we are doing is almost the length of the sunday races.

Do we need a poll to see if this is popular? Or has it been tried before and found to be too long for the majority? 40 mins seems like a long time...until race day, and its over in a flash.

I must add kudos are due to the current season tyre/ fuel combo, seeing different strategies working for different people, balance ftw!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    So I'm not against longer races but unless we get full grids they can be boring. So 1 off events work well. Plus I start work at stupid AM so races would need to start earlier.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It could be difficult for our friends in NZ as well.
  20. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Adding 15 minutes to a regular race day and 30 to an enduro wouldn't make much of a difference you'd think?
    Tristan Jones likes this.