Fanatec Wow much disappointment Fanatec wheelbase will not boot up only 2 weeks old

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Mark Wing, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Mark Wing

Mark Wing New Recruit

Hi all
    would love to hear your thoughts on a config for reliable and good race rig within the price range of what I current have setup. I look forward to hearing your ideas. As my current setup is all to be returned Tuesday if no support fix reply received. What I'm reading online is many people are having sensor problems with their Fanatec wheelbase.

Notice the my wheel off center during practice on Raceonoz sprint server by the end of my laps wheel was 100 degrees off center to the right.
    Also strange wheel motion during bootup slow spin, fast spin and locking hard to right lock. Now the wheelbase will just not boot:(
    Has anybody else here experienced these issues with Fanatec wheelbase and found a fix.
    All products latest firmware and if I press wheelbase power switch for 8sec unit will go into firmware load mode and will update to latest firmware again with on issue then reboot and fail.

Currently I have support tickets in with Fanatec :poop:.

My Current setup
    CSL Wheelbase (will not bootup)
    1 X Forza wheel , 1 X Mclaren GTS SE wheel (both useless without base)
    Full LC peddle set (Useless without base)
    CS Shifter and USB dongle (Useless without base)

Mark
  2. Mark Wing

Mark Wing New Recruit

Hmmmm... my bad just noticed the "Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting" forum
    This should have been post there I suppose.
    sorry
    beakeroo likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    moved it for you mate
    Mark Wing likes this.
  4. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    NOt good at all bro..after 5 t300s i know ur pain on missing out on racing and loosing money. I actually still have a tha8 shifter and a F1 rim which are useless now aswell. So id probably say they wont take back all the extras unless there broken aswell ( i got stuck with mine )
    So i went out and bought 2x Fanatec CSL Elite wheels ( is ur the elite or just csl ) and havent had a problem with them at all...touch wood.

Apart from fanatec or thrustmaster i think ull be going to a DD which is gona cost a fortune and cant console race with them. ( if thats ur thing anyways )
    Really hope u get it sorted champ.
    beakeroo likes this.
  5. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Hey Mark,
    I've got a Fanatec CSL elite PS4 edition base and haven't experienced any of the problems you list either on PS4 or PC.
    How old is your gear? Is fanatec support talking to you about it?
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Aww mate, if you'd have mentioned the F1 wheel last week when we were talking in the other thread I'd have been a buyer.
    How'd you go through 5x T300's?
  7. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Overheating problems...at t300 number 5 i said stop sending me replacements and give me a refund...all good not selling the thrustmatser rim gona get is signed down the f1 this year and put it in the cabnit
  8. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Looking to off load the th8a @PaulCox ???
    Gonna sell my g29 to fund purchasing one.
    beakeroo likes this.
  9. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    may aswell...gimi a pm champ go from there
  10. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I have a G25 which is still going strong after 8 years.. except for the shifter which I have replaced with a Fanatec CS SQ V1.5 (love it), and also replaced the wireing loom to the steering wheel buttons which fatigued recently. Had the shifter for nearly 2 years and no issues, just had to replace the SQ mode centering spring as that snapped in fatigue recently. Pretty minor stuff given the amount of use they've both had.

After watching all the troubles guys have had with TM gear on the forums, and good experience with the Fanatec shifter, my eye is also on a Fanatec CSL elite bundle as the replacement option if and when the G25 gives up, to match the shifter. So I can't think of a better alternative at a reasonable price really - Fanatec seem to offer pretty decent support but just be patient as the time difference can make it a bit of a slow process.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  11. Mark Wing

Mark Wing New Recruit

Sorry for delay in posting First I will say that i have had good contact with Fanatec support and seem well maned but still unfortunately have to return wheel base have tried all their fixes so will be requesting replacement and not repair.