AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S15-S16

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Jul 3, 2018.

?

Leave open to public or password only?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2018.
  1. Password

25.0%
  2. Leave Open

75.0%
  1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Just setting up a Fun Run Series whilst we wait for Season 16 to start

Race 1 - BMW M235i at Red Bull Ring (short version)
    Content is Kunos
    Race will be Monday 9th July
    Will have 2x 20min races, second race will go reverse grid.

Race 2 - Seat Leon at Magione
    Content is Track (Kunos) Car Mod Seat Leon TVR
    Race will be Monday 16th July
    Will have TBC.

Races will be popped into a stracker championship, located here: http://rooz.simracer.me:50041/championship?event_id=16

Seasoned racers will know the drill, but for those new to our fine forum, please read the Code of Conduct and Racers Guide, both good reads and worth a second look if it's been a while.
    The plan will be to have the rooms open from 8.30pm AEST (East Coast is all back on the same time again) and to start qualifying at 9pm. There will be 15 minutes of qualifying depending on the length of the track, and then into the race, usually around 45 minutes.

More races info to follow...
    Also if you have a car/track combo please suggest it!
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    krunch and KoAStR like this.
  2. kylemaher23

kylemaher23 New Recruit

Sounds good Rolz.
    I was thinking of trying something different for this next couple of weeks to see if I can sort some of broadcast of these 'fun run' races.
    I'm playing around with BCast and ACTV in-game (start a quick race and quit to pits as theres no spectate mode in AC).
    Keen to understand what software some of you use to record video? Twitch, Bandicam, GeForce Experience...
    Thoughts/ideas/learnings all welcomed!
    Thanks
  3. Rolz

hey mate, I've used just the nvidia geforce experience before and it seems to work... *BUT* I had to hotspot to my mobile as my ADSL upload is crapola and the live stream drops out pretty quick... here is me doing an hour session practice last weekend before final Bathurst race. I still have to work why it micro shakes... or is it really how my head shakes in VR I'm not sure yet :p https://www.facebook.com/rolz.schmid/videos/10160654261105381/
    It gives you the option of FB, twitch, you tube and a few others I don't recognise...

Also for anyone looking for setup info, being fun run I always share mine... it works for some and not for others... still hopefully it gives you an idea about what you like or don't like and adjust it from there :)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8ibrl6xvw2pu33/Rolz BMW_M235i Red Bull Ring 10l 30deg Medium v1.ini?dl=0
  4. squid

squid Rookie

throw me down as a solid maybe
    Rolz likes this.
  5. squid

squid Rookie

gonna give tonight a miss, feeling slightly under the weather
    Rolz likes this.
  6. Rolz

all good mate! get well soon!
  7. Rolz

server is up - no password, qual starts at 9pm
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Im out this week too, New connection doesn't start up until the 12th now as they forgot to send the modem. I took the time between connections to rebuild my setup too so wont be racing again til later in the week.
    Rolz likes this.
  9. Rolz

Godzilla and marty like this.
  10. Rolz

Open for suggestions for next Monday...
    Perhaps try the Seat Leon?
    Should also provide some close racing...
  11. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Good fun, some prety tough battles for most of the two races, just can’t nail that first corner and constantly lost heaps of speed there.
  12. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

thanks for organising rolz. heaps of fun and its good to race quality guys.
    shame about that fukn clutch or lack there of haha
    Rolz likes this.
  13. Rolz

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Rolz likes this.
  15. Rolz

Did a few laps with @andyo450 and @Godzilla and it sure was fun... cars are surprisingly durable as we had a few euro's rock up and their thoughts on passing was dive in the inside and bump you out...
    Should be really fun to race as it's really quite close...
    Will probably took at 2 sprints again over one long one...
    andyo450 and Godzilla like this.
  16. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

@Rolz
    I should be able to make it for this one on Monday :). Been missing my racing!
    Rolz likes this.
  17. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Well I am back from my Epic drive to the Center and back and returned my G920 to Logitech to get repaired or replaced as the buttons were failing to work. I was thinking I would be out for the next 3-4 weeks making it almost 7 weeks without having a race.
    @Rolz the legend offered to lend me his G27 until I get my G920 back and I have just installed and tested it and it seems to be working fine. I just need to get used to the pedals etc.
    Big thanks to Rolz.
    I will see you tonight for the race, no practice at all so see you at the back of the pack :)
    krunch, ed40t and Rolz like this.
  18. Rolz

Race night server is up Server04 - Will bring down Server03 shortly
  19. Rolz

thnx all for tonight! was a tight little track!
    Great battle with Andrew first race and great battled with Krunch race2!

Maybe look at a GT3 for last fun run before S16 starts :)
    krunch and c4rLo5 like this.
  20. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Good fun racing guys :).

R1 was a disaster at the start. I paid the penalty for not enough prac in this car. I didn't realise there was no clutch in this car so I grabbed 1st gear and rolled forward before the lights went out - DOH! Served the drive thru at the end of lap 1 then fought a back a bit grabbing a couple of spots. Had a great battle with Ringo but he defended well and I couldn't get past so I had to settle for 8th (I think).

R2 was intense from the get go! The reverse grid had me starting from 3rd but Gaucho dropped out from Pole so I was effectively 2nd. I managed to get around Ben thru T1 & T2 but he made a late dive into 3 and we hit causing me to almost lose it. After wagging the tail wildly and another tap with Ben as we both tried to recover our cars I found myself in 3rd. Tough break for those just behind who ended up in the wall - bad luck there. Down the back straight Andrew was leading and had Rolz on his bumper. Rolz moved to the inside, but Andrew covered the line so Rolz went back outside. I stayed mid track as we were hitting the braking zone so I ended up right up the inside of Rolz at the apex. As Andrew missed the corner and went off, Rolz and I had contact at the Apex but we manged to hang on and suddenly I was in the lead again! That setup an epic, almost race long battle as Rolz tried in vain to find a way past my extended elbows. Late in the race as Andy filled his mirrors Rolz made a dive down the inside at the end of the back straight but sadly couldn't pull it up and went off track. That let Andy through and he now fancied a quick move to get past me for the lead. Luckily I found the right spots to place my car for the last couple of laps so as to blunt his attacks as he clearly had more pace that I did. So I hung on for a rare win which I'll enjoy for a while :). But big thanks to the respectful and fair racing from Rolz and Andy :). Also thanks to Rolz and Godzilla for sharing setups. I ended up using Godzilla's but it was really just a coin toss between them for me.
    andyo450 and Bogor like this.