Season 16: 'Murica!! F#*k Yeah!!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    [​IMG]
    This season we will be piloting the beastly 'Vette around US tracks, a tour of the US, sim racing style. We are kicking this season off on Monday the 30th of July.

Most of the season is sorted with only a few pieces yet to fall into place. There has been a last minute opportunity to have an 8 round season, so given "More racing is bad" is a phrase no-one said ever, we will look at squeezing in the extra race but may need to stretch the definition of USA as quality mod tracks with enough pits are rare.

As always the Raceonoz servers will be up for practice and once teams have been sorted convo's will be started. This season will run as per last season in most respects, including running multiple compounds and a top 10 reverse grid for sprint rounds.

For those new to our fine forum, please read the Code of Conduct and Racers Guide, both good reads and worth a second look if it's been a while.

The plan will be to have the rooms open from 8.30pm AEST and to start qualifying at 9pm. There will be 10-15 minutes of qualifying depending on the length of the track, and then into the race, usually around 45 minutes. We will be running 1 room again this season so tracks are again being considered that can cater for 30 drivers. Thanks to the gurus that are Marty and Rolz and their mastery of the servers, there will be enough slots and rooms available for practice during the week. There will still be an individual and team championship as per previous seasons.

Most importantly, we will have a massive prize draw at the end of the season. This is the biggest draw ever, and as long as you have complied to the rules and reg's, anyone can win through our random no. generator system. Please go HERE for more info.

Compulsory pit stops and compound change for normal and enduro rounds only.
    Extra pit boxes may be needed, find them HERE.

SEASON 16:

Round 1: 30/07/18
    Corvette C7R
    Normal Round - Watkins Glen. (Boot version) 25 Laps.
    Fuel and Tyres - Forced Pit and forced 2 different tires types will be required

Round 2: 6/08/18
    Corvette C7R
    Sprint Round - Laguna Seca OSRW . 2 x 15 Laps.
    Fuel and Tyres TBA - check on server

Round 3: 13/08/18
    Corvette C7R
    Normal Round - Sebring. 21 Laps.

Round 4: 20/08/18
    Corvette C7R
    Enduro Round - Road America. 33 Laps.

Round 5: 27/08/18
    Corvette C7R
    Normal Round - Virginia International Raceway Full. 25 Laps.

Round 6: 3/09/18
    Corvette C7R
    Sprint Round - Mid-Ohio With Chicane. 2 x 15 Laps.

Round 7: 10/09/18
    Corvette C7R
    Normal Round - Road Atlanta. 31 Laps.

Round 8: 17/09/18
    Corvette C7R
    Enduro - Circuit de la Sarthe. 17 Laps.

Points & Ballast
    The points system will be managed by our masters of charts, and will be posted within the ladder section at the top of the website, and updated weekly. The points will be distributed as per position table included with championship ladder.

This season will also see us using a bonus point system with Fastest Lap (FL) and Most Consistent (MC) for each room gaining an extra point. ie Win+MC+FL=Win +2 points for the round. MC will be as per simresults, with highest gross MC across both sprint races used for determining overall MC.

There is a provision for a drop round this season. Every driver will have their worst performance dropped from their overall championship total.

The sprint round this season will see a full qual and practise session for the first race, and a 10min qual only for race 2. The points will be distributed to each driver for both races to come up with placings for the entire round. REVERSE GRID RACE 2 - HALF POINTS! Where 2 drivers finish on the same points, the driver who finishes in a higher place over the 2 races will be given the higher placing. Where this is the same, the driver with the fastest lap over the 2 races will finish in the higher position for the round. FL and MC bonus points will be given to the driver(s) with the best result over the 2 races.

Success Ballast System is not in effect this season.

Teams: TBC

Turtle Beachers:

Rolz
    jlynn777
    Krunch
    jasondull1986
    Andrew Le
    Andrew Malcolm
    Area51wolf
    Loris P

Thrustmaster TGM
    Anon666
    Godzilla
    Marty
    Flouncy
    Michael Schafferius
    Mr.McGibblets
    Peter Wise

Selby Acoustics Racing
    Shaun Allan
    Bogor
    Zero05
    c4rLo5
    mesafto
    Ed40
    Mael

IgnitiON Controllers
    Terry Rayton (tezpez85)
    Squid
    Jayjay
    Parkour
    Ringo
    KierKier
    Deathrowboat
    Stiggy

Voice chat
    This season we will be using DISCORD so get the app and keep an eye out for the instant invites if you haven't been in the Raceonoz server yet. The permalink is still working: https://discord.gg/JB257mk

Skins (Liveries):
    If you wish to run your own skin, great. We would love to see the teams running their own skins again this season. Please get them to us ASAP.

All entries and skins submitted on the day of the first race will not be considered, so get in early - you have nearly 3 weeks!!

Skin Pack!

https://mega.nz/#!pxZTlYrA!qcMZiUJbJ6vZi9DG8JK9IdkRU4zivBiZXl7wWu2wJy4

Up to Race 4 leader board
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2018
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Anon666 are all these guys listed in the OP signed up for this season?
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

[​IMG]
    jlynn777 likes this.
  4. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Nope, cut and pasted from last season. Will do a clean up later, gotta go play lego. There is an entry thread, so you can get some names from that if you need.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am aware since I created it lol

But that does answer my question. I noticed you haven't signed up yet...
    Anon666 likes this.
  6. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I haven't signed up for a season since you were in diapers. Should get back into the habit I guess?!!?
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    or at least put yourself on the list so the x-platform teams champs know you can be drafted ;)

also, did you just assume I don't wear diapers anymore?
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Diapers do avoid a messy next day clean up after an endurance round. :roflmao:

[​IMG]
    c4rLo5 and Rolz like this.
  9. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

nice track choices!
    jlynn777 and Rolz like this.
  10. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Ohhhh, kinky... or gross, I'll have some more to drink before I make a final decision!?!?!
  11. squid

squid Rookie

12. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Yeah nice tracks @Anon666 :) I was just thinking it might be cool to try rolling starts for the enduro rounds? I'm not sure if there's an app but would probably be able to do it with some clear rules and by communicating through discord.
  13. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    We did manual rolling starts on pcars for reverse grids and not really any issues.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  14. Rolz

done rolling starts in other leagues and it's been quite successful...no apps just when leader plants it coming up to start line the others call it out that he's gone "go go go!!" pretty cool
    jlynn777 and KoAStR like this.
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Guys Im out of the season atm, Optus has royally screwed me over with the NBN connection and I still have nothing. Best they gave me is a tech can come and have a look on the 1st of August even though they said it will be sorted in 24hrs pretty much every day since before the last round last season. I will be away for round 2 and 3 and so if I have some sort of connection by round 4 I will sign up again then.
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

That’s more then a little :):):):)e... get them to compensate you with a temporary 4GB modem connection? I’ve done that with some clients for prolonged outages before and it works ok
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I told them to call me tomorrow morning with a reasonable solution or cancel all my optus accounts. Ive probably wasted 10hrs with support already and 30 minutes into each conversation giving the same info they say something is wrong try again in 24hrs. At least now they said wait til 1st of August.

4G is pretty :poop: at my house, I tried it in AC in the past and flukey ping with constant dropouts I wouldnt bother trying to race with it, so until I get a proper connection Im out of any league stuff. NBN guys supposedly tested the lines only a few weeks ago and optus told me tests were fine and connecting to NBN will be trouble free so I can cancel my ADSL connection. :rolleyes: They did somehow turn this connection to crap before that date anyway so it wouldnt have made much difference even if I kept it up for another month.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  18. Rolz

gutted Marty :(
    jlynn777 likes this.
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Watkins Glen has just been updated to v0.9
    Rolz likes this.
  20. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Also with Watkins Glen, are we going to run normal version with chicane down the straight or classic without chicane?