Display A cheap 4k TV

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by beakeroo, Jul 20, 2018.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Hey guys I'm in the market for a cheap 4k tv, 50-60" and was wondering if anyone could recommend one of the cheap ass screens. It would only be used for my sim rig so I'm not worried how it performs with other types of media or games. It just has to work well with racing sims.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    aldi has one on sale tomorrow morning. 58" 4K for about $550
    I am returning the last one I bought from them for a refund as it had an intermittant issue (screen showed lines twice since I bought it in november - but disappeared after turning off/on)
    But the customer service surprised me as I sent a photo of the screen lines and they said they would do full refund and organise courier pickup from my house if needed. :thumbsup:
    beakeroo likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @beakeroo
    https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-...rday-detail-wk29/ps/p/58147cm-ultra-hd-4k-tv/
    $555
    beakeroo likes this.
  4. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    8.10am at Aldi and there's another 14 people already in the queue...

Got one, cheers @Hatfield it's actually a really great panel for this. Zero ghosting and looks schmick.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    PaulCox, Hatfield and Buster_Danis like this.
  6. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Saw the brochure in the junk mail & thought it might be a decent gaming screen. Might see if there's any left at my local today!.
    beakeroo likes this.
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Definitely worth it for a racing aim at least, I haven't tried it on FPS but I'm very happy with it.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yep got mine too :)
    beakeroo likes this.
  9. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    You tried it out yet? Mine has a dead pixel, nothing I can be bothered worrying about. Really happy for $555. I can see my brake markers so much more clearly now!
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Mine is on the wall already and hooked up to the aldi soundbar (pre-subwoofer edition)
    looks and sounds great!

Take a photo of the dead pixel and call tempo. They are the warranty place for the Bauhn TV's. email them the pic and see what they say. At least then the warranty is set with the proof of purchase and the fault is recorded
    beakeroo likes this.
  11. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I've never bothered with that tbh, you can take anything back to Aldi and get a refund easy enough if it's faulty. They're pretty great like that.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes but if you would rather, tempo will organise courier pickup in the event of a refund too as long as you box the tv
    beakeroo likes this.
  13. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah I guess that's handy, I might shots them off an email.
  14. bobbavet

bobbavet New Recruit

Hey Guys.
    Can anyone recommend a 40/43" 4ktv for PC
    I currently have a 55" TCL HDR and it is fantastic when using at my desktop with the Logi gear.
    I have build a pit but it will sit to far away for my liking. I am after a 40/43 that I can attach to the pits Vesa mount.

Cheers Bob