Cockpit Tablet/Button Box Mount Hack For GT Ultimate and Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by beakeroo, Jul 29, 2018.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I was looking for a good way to mount my tablet that didn't allow any movement and also the same for a button box (that I haven't bought yet) and came up with something that works really well. It'll cost you your H-Shifter arm though :D
    If you're not using a H-Shifter then this is a great solution. Simply cut the arm somewhere in the middle (the longest part of it) I cut mine so that it would be shorter on the side I wished to mount my tablet as it's quite large and I didn't want it to obstruct my view.

[​IMG]
    Here's the tablet side, $8 tablet wall mount from Bunnings. Drilled a couple of holes in the arm and bolted it in place. I've capped the end with a piece of black insulation tape just to keep the rust out until I get a chance to dab a little paint over the cut.

[​IMG] Remove this plastic spacer from the H-Shifter mount, we're going to use it somewhere else.

[​IMG]
    Use that spacer here, it'll stop any wobble on the arm we're going to put in here.

[​IMG]
    Insert the other arm here. Use the bolt from the back of the H-Shifter mount to tighten this arm in place.

[​IMG]
    Use the H-Shifter mount here to mount your button box to. You'll need a bolt in the back of it to tighten it in place, there's already a fitting there for the bolt. I'll measure the size and edit this soon.

[​IMG]
    I might shorten the arm on the button box side when I get a button box. I'll have to test it first.

@stucar17
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  2. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Really impressive mate....top looking rig u now have urself. On another note how clean is ur garage
    beakeroo likes this.
  3. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    lol cheers, I've been keeping it very tidy in here since I moved my gear in here
    PaulCox likes this.
  4. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Nice work mate. I'm in the process of doing a similar thing. Making a mount for my button box. Might do one for the tablet also
    beakeroo likes this.