Division 1 - Season 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 14, 2018.

1. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    My race was dismal at best , punted poor old AO , which put him into someone else at the first corner, then I had crazy over heating tyres which was fix with a third stop , lost count of the spins. Sorry to tge guys who's race I stuffed .
    SUBGTRACER, stucar17, garyw61 and 3 others like this.
  2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Keep that TC off! Haha I know a few are running it this season but it's up to you.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I had a go before the season with it on but it felt more comfortable with it off, could feel the car more. I only run abs on low.
    TheJuzzy and Spidey_11 like this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Looking at the replay mate, AOs car has a little lag spike on my screen and was actually spinning before you made contact with him. After that a few of us were passengers, and the chase back up to 5th was pretty fun.
    I got a cracker of a start, and instead of getting the handbag out like I normally do, decided to hold my spot in 4th...and see if i couldnt actually make a good start stick for a result ! Oh well, it was close !!
    Well done to Benny, Shane and spidey on the podium. @garyw61 really solid drive mate. I managed to catch you pretty quick, but 0 mistakes and solid pace meant I couldn’t get by. Good fun.

@LOW_NZ , we have had 0 issues in our room (lucky maybe) so rather than stop, welcome to come and have a try in here. From memory you had pretty good pace so will at least get some racing.

On to a wet Nurb GP for round 3, should be a cracker.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    SUBGTRACER, Spidey_11 and TheJuzzy like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  6. Racepace

Racepace Rookie

PSN ID
    JDM_TUNING-FD3S
    Ahh .man that was a painful video. Haha
    TheJuzzy and beakeroo like this.
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Out of interest guys what were the total race times?
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  8. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Well Fuji....... I love ya.
    This was the first race for me in the Merc as I missed the first round at Spa so I was pretty unsure of were my pace would be. I did hear from a few that the key was not to spin so that was always the main focus for the race.....but for qualifying I blocked that out and just kept stretching my luck in each braking zone and corner exit to get that time to slot me into P3. Very happy with that. Oh and the unfortunate news that a few quick guys couldn't make it was terrible.... :sneaky:;)
    The race start was just me making wiggly snakes on the ground with my tyres for a few metres while others caught up and some got passed before turn 1!
    Luckily I played it cool and so did the others immediately around me and I was out of turn 1 facing forward and continuing in P3.
    The two front runners of Shane (what's your name on here?) and @its-benny-racer left without saying goodbye and I didn't have a chance to catch them. I was very happy with a podium.....then @AOCleaner74 came lurking :ninja:
    The gap back to AOCleaner was slowing getting smaller and smaller until I had a half spin at the flip flops. AO was right there but something happened to him a few corners later and I had breathing space again.
    But AO wasn't done and he crept back up to me to within just a few seconds and off he went again. I don't mean anything by it AO but I cheered after that second spin haha.
    I pitted very early on and just tried to keep my nose clean and I'm happy with the result. I wasn't conserving tyres, I just tried to put in whatever lap times I could do with the confidence of the front sticking and rear not rotating.

To end on a sad note, I won't be here for the wet round as the Spidey train will be interstate visiting family.
    I'll see you round 4!!
  9. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

What can I say, love the car and love the track, managed to avoid any spins or bingles. Had some pressure from Shane towards the end as he was catching up quickly on fresh tyres. Is good to get my 1st Sunday league win on PC2.
    stucar17, TheJuzzy, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    There is an option to turn on Auto Start Engine.
    I had the same problem you did in the video when pCars first came out and was stuck on the grid for 2 minutes trying to get the car going again lol
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  11. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    , I feel your pain John'o.
  12. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing

YOU'RE WELCOME LOL
    TheJuzzy and stucar17 like this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  14. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Well that was a race to forget. Once you have a spin it is so hard to not do it again straight after....
    For some reason I just could not get close to the time in quali I set a little earlier which would have put me right up with Shane and Benny... Started 4th and was 3rd after I braked later than Spidey and Stu, but Juzzy was even later and just tagged me as we were turning ( I really think you should get a 3 race ban, but then I realise I do much worse!:D)
    So I decided to pit lap 1 to get some clean air. It's Benny and Spidey pitted a lap or so later and I was then about 5 secs behind Spidey. I slowly reeled him in and after he had a half lose and I thought here was my chance, only to run out of talent a few corners later....The gap was back out to 5 secs and I worked on bringing it back down. By lap 23 it was down to 1.5secs and then I ran out of talent again and again:mad:
    Well done to the podium:thumbsup:
    Bring on the wet!
  15. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I'd be happy to take a ban , was pretty dirty on myself, however don't want to miss out on tge prize, need to try and get more practice in this thing.
    Anthonyb and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    given you redressed, apologised and finished behind me then no ban !
    Spidey_11, TheJuzzy and AOCleaner74 like this.
  17. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Only joking mate. It was only the slightest of touches and I was already half way around the corner. No hard feelings on my side mate.:thumbsup:
    Spidey_11 and TheJuzzy like this.
  18. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    All good fellah.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  19. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Ha ha , check's in the mail .