Division 2 - Season 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Ant_427

Ant_427 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antlloyd76
    .Well done to the podium. Qualified 9th I think in a super tight session. Got a decent start and worked my way up to 4th before it all went downhill with several spins and silly errors. Just cant seem to get a grip on this car, literally.
    See you next week in the wet-that should be interesting!
    Ant
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Yes I must congratulate the podium great result in a very competitive division.
    stucar17 likes this.
  3. ShootSho7t

ShootSho7t Rookie

PSN ID
    shoootshoooooooot
    Sorry guys, due to a recent family commitment. I dont have the confidence to participate sunday race on a regular basis. I would like to retire for this season.
    Thanks and good luck to all.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you can always stay in as a reserve and just show up for a race if you have the time.
    Good luck
    beakeroo likes this.
  5. Duncs_48

Duncs_48 Rookie

PSN ID
    duncs_48
    Is traction control allowed? Asking for a friend
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    lol yeah, I think most people are using it.
    Duncs_48 likes this.
  7. Anthonyb

Yeah keep in the loop and run as a reserve if you want
  8. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    only allowed for those who finished P2 or lower in previous race.
    Anthonyb, beakeroo and Duncs_48 like this.
  9. Duncs_48

Duncs_48 Rookie

PSN ID
    duncs_48
    Haha sounds like you made that rule up
    Anthonyb and beakeroo like this.
  10. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    nah totes legit :D:D:laugh::laugh::roflmao::roflmao:

:whistling:
    rossi0nsx, Anthonyb and Duncs_48 like this.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ROUND 3 : Nurburgring GP (wet to dry) - 12/8/18 - 24 LAPS
    - Qual Time - @ 12am - (1 weather slot - RAIN)
    -
    Race Time - @ 1pm - Rain / Heavy Cloud / Clear / Clear
    - Time progression - REAL
    -
    Compulsory pit stop - YES
    -
    Fuel : Real
    -
    TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    -
    Weather progression : Sync to race
    -
    Time progression : Real time
    [​IMG]

Good job last week guys and Gal.....no protests again.. great job guys.
    Just a reminder of track limits and contact on lap 1 of our races, were some close calls last week and the run into turn 1, in the wet, could end diabolical. Trust me, get through lap 1 cleanly and you will be on for a solid result !

Some things to know and remember for the wet round.....
    - Track starts to dry from lap 10 to 12 depending on the room.
    - Look out for puddles that stay after the rain has stopped. Particularly at Turn 4 and also Turn 8, and the fast kink on the back straight. (turn 13)

- Be aware that your tyre pressures are up on the start line, so it takes a lap for them to normalise. If you go too hard on lap 1 you will overheat the rears and then spend more time spinning than going in a straight line.
    - Be careful getting off the line. The car tends to spin in 1st and second pretty easy...Wont be hard for you to spin in front of the pack if you get it wrong, or if you defend too aggressively. Again, the challange for everyone is to get through lap 1 cleanly ;)

ROOM CAPTAINS : Couple of things to look for.....

- Please check everyone has the 100L of fuel at the start of the race before you press 'ready'
    - IF you have to restart the room due to DSC or room issues, and you are NOT doing qual, then i would recommend you turn fuel burn off.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

TURN 1 LAP 1
    : If you read the above, then its pretty simple, get through lap 1 cleanly, tyres will normalise, and you will have grip. Any contact in 1 will result in a spin, and a potential :):):):) fight, so again, use your heads and give room.

TRACK LIMITS : Track limits will remain as they always have, you must have 2 wheels on OR inside the ripple strips at all times. Make a mistake or 2 and thats ok, but making CLEAR advantage from cutting the track will see you penalised. If you do it consistently, you may even be DSQ from the race.
    Is a few places here where we will check replays, so be aware of potential penalties.
    - Through Mercedes arena (TURNS 2,3,4,5) Particularly on the exit of 5.
    - The
    exit of 11
    - And the big one is the turns 14/15 chicane. Drivers cutting here consistantly, or to gain an advantage will be penalised.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : It is HIGHLY recommended you save a pit strategy from the options tab in game and select it as your intended strategy for the race so you don't have to do it on the fly while racing .... The track drys between laps 9--12 so you will have to have the slicks selected in your strat.
    - MAKE SURE YOU HAVE
    "ALL" SELECTED FOR TYRE CHANGE....NOT 'recomended'
    -
    Some people were saying through the week that they dont know where their pit bay was. Make sure you have the PIT BAY INDICATOR ON, so you know where your bay is !

CAR SET UP : There are 2 options for car sets up that people can make.
    'LOOSE' or 'STABLE'. It is up to you what setting you use, and it may vary based on the track being used. I would recommend trying both to see what gives the best lap times
    - Loose seems to be the best setup to be on. The car turns in much better.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : We will be running with Pit penalties ON, so will need to make an attempt to enter and exit using the pit lane lines. We have seen people hit with warnings in game, so be aware of staying in the lane. DONT FORGET TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE AT 60KLMS AT THE PIT ENTRY LINE OR YOU WILL GET DSQ FROM THE RACE IF YOU GO IN TOO HOT.

- Pit entry, very straight forward, make sure you stay in the pit lines though....There is some bug puddles on the entry, so be aware of that so you dont spin ;)
    - Exit is pretty straight forward. make sure you look for cars that are entering T1 before you take your race line.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those you are racing. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will doing any protests just on our own platform. The stewards group will again consist of Myself, Ad2mny, Gary... if you feel the need to protest, you need to make us aware by PM on midnight Monday following the race. You will also need to have Video evidence of your protest, or ask the room host to have a look on their replay. You may appeal any stewards decision, and the final decision will be made by Koastr. If there is an issue in the race DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE ROOM OR ON THE FORUM.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  12. Duncs_48

Duncs_48 Rookie

PSN ID
    duncs_48
    Is the season setting to summer? Think that may effect how long the track dries
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    date is same as actual day, we did a full length run on tuesday and track dries pretty well, but different rooms could be slightly different from what we have seen in the past. By lap 12, there was a def dry line
    Duncs_48 likes this.
  14. Anthonyb

Is qualifying at 12am in the dark????
    AOCleaner74 and POPPINFRESH1234 like this.
  15. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    I logged on for the sole purpose of liking this post
    Anthonyb and AOCleaner74 like this.
  16. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Good race all was pretty dicey stuff early on, was fun playing dodge ems with the ppl who spun early haha

Was really disappointed in Quali with the sessions I have done getting 59s was doable but just couldn't string a laptogether so started in 12th

With that in mind I just kept myself extremely disciplined until lap 6 as that was when you could push the car more confidently I found, by lap 10 I found myself in 3rd with CAGM and Duncs about 4-5 secs ahead, at this point also I decided to pit and try an undercut lap 11, not to sure when CAGM and Duncs pitted but it appeared to have worked as I soon found myself in clear air with a 3 sec gap on CAGM.

With that in mind I was just watching the splits like a madman and for 7-8 laps and most importantly being disciplined as hell could of been about half a sec quicker throughout but wasn't worth the risk, faced acouple of small mistakes but nothing major, managed to keep the nose in the right direction at least. The last 6 or so laps were nervous stuff as CAGM got the gap down to 1.5secs or under and I was struggling to keep the car on the limit at this stage. Final lap came and there was a sec buffer and thought sweet I should have this now, lost so much time in Mercedes Arena and by Ford Kurve CAGM was right on me so it was was just defensive driving from there on in and then came the final corner, just barely managed to have a better run onto the home straight to take the win.

Was a good race all definitely surprised with the result myself as in previous sessions I had to many incidents with puddles and that damn first corner, but nonetheless I am happy and bring on next round :)
    Ant_427, vanzr, Anthonyb and 3 others like this.
  17. Anthonyb

Qualified 3rd which I was very happy with.
    Not a bad start after turn 1 I was back to 5th I think behind bounty I tried to stick my nose up the inside at turn and the ripple strip sucked me into the infield dropped back to 10th.
    Slowly picked my way back with people spinning and found myself in 3rd.
    Stayed out for 1 or 2 laps too long and payed for it in the pits. I came out in 5th behind Ant about 10 sec behind him with 9 laps to go I pushed as hard as I could but couldn't get close enough to make a move. .
    Congratulations on the win @kayne greenwood and to the rest of the podium.
    Good fun race again very competitive division.
    See you on track.
    Thanks Ant
  18. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    pretty dirty with that race, so much went wanting......

Midway through T1 car was "unsettled" slightly just before I started to apply the throttle but it was enough to spin me and back to last. From there I just got caught up in others dramas which kept dropping me back again. Then I pitted end of lap 10, should have been end of lap 9, started off really well but as i was driving frustrated from earlier, made mistakes here and there costing me positions and gobfuls of time.

Certainly had the pace here to mix it up front, my pole time showed that. Oh well.

Well done @kayne greenwood & podium, wish I had been up there with ya.
  19. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Well done @kayne greenwood great drive, and congrats to the other podium peeps.
    Awesome fun last night, bit of a challenge in the wet but well worth some pain to have a great race.
    For me, I had way too many spins to be a threat to the top guys so just tried to knuckle down and improve my times lap after lap. Had a great battle with @Jim_aka_The_Man for about 8 laps but he was clearly faster than me but he struggled to get past and when he did, I took the place back and stayed in front till the end.
    Looking forward to next round at the fast paced Monza - should be some really close times I reckon.
  20. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    2 brainfade spins on the back straight cost me a good result.
    Was some good racing @Bounty05, too bad for us it was down in 8th.
    kayne greenwood and Anthonyb like this.