GT Sport Season 4 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 12, 2018.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I enjoyed that race immensely. I did heaps of practice and was not going too bad against the higher div guys so I knew I was in with a good chance. Qually was a pb so happy with that and the bonus was that it was a bit better than emmo's PB.
    I knew emmo would be able to no stop so the pressure was on to build enough gap to make a 'free' pitstop. I had done enough practice to know i was always going to be short on fuel and I had practiced various pit scenarios.
    When I got to around 7 seconds lead before my stop i thought that I had a good chance of taking the win if I could stay on track.
    Thinking about not crashing almost made me crash a few times.
    Pitted around 16 and came out a few seconds behind emmo. knowing i had a bunch of laps left i didn't try to rush up on him. Actually nearly binned it on green tyres. Anyway eventually caught a determined emmo and started thinking about a pass. Geez how wide is that little car of his eh. hahahaha. A couple of very intense but enjoyable laps later and I was past and away. Came across Rob late in the race who wanted to make a race of it and i had to check a couple of times for fear of 'entanglement' luckily i had enough of a gap that the situation wasn't desperate and managed to hold out for the win. Along the way, don't know how, but grabbed a 28.1. I haven't seen the replay yet so I hope it was clean coz a couple of times i found myself close to too much over the kerbs
    Well done emmo on a great battle and maintaining the pressure and johnno for being able to bring home third also no stopping. I don't know how you's do it.
    TBH i'm not really looking forward to the walls at blue moon, I've seen people bounce off them and not ghost so it will be very interesting to say the least
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Highlights reel.
    Its a bit long as we had several battles in the race from various ends of the race.
  3. Green Terror

Green Terror New Recruit

I wont be racing this Sunday going on holiday
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  5. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Welcome @Rumbleshorts
    I've send you a friend request as our race lobbies are set as Friends only.
    Once done, I'll add you to the Division chat.
    Looking forward to racing you.
    Hatfield likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 3 : Bluemoon Infield B - 2x25 laps - Evening 16:00 Cloudy - 12/8 (Sprint Round)
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type has been changed to Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

TYRES : You can use any of the sports tyre compounds at any time

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight into T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  7. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Just a reminder that there is an update to download before Sundays race.
  8. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Jeez, another one? Thanks for the heads up, last weeks one was a pain in the ass, so I’ll get on earlier this time.
  9. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Just turn your PS4 on when you aren't home, it'll do the update by itself.
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    You can also just options and look for update.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  12. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Thanks for the race all. I enjoyed it, although I had no practice in that car whatsoever. Sorry for the early indiscretions in each race, will prac a little more for the next round to hopefully dial in more.
    Tristan Jones and Hatfield like this.
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race 3 Split Round
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Timing
    [​IMG]
    Race 2
    Race Result
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Timing
    [​IMG]
    emmo46 likes this.
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You did well. :thumbsup:
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  16. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    That was a better race than I was expecting from a track with 2 corners! Well done all.

I thought I was going to get a good qually...but i didn't better my time and everyone else did, i looked up and saw I was getting closer and closer to the bottom. I guess thats my price for no practise during the week.

I got stuck behind @Rumbleshorts for a while, before he found a wall leaving me to chase down @fezza...who also hit a wall. I just couldn't close anything to the gap to Johnno in front. Was willing the gap to drop a second or two per lap like last week...it didn't pay heed to my will, I ended up in 4th. @robin edwards was closing in fast though, kept around 1.2 seconds behind me...would creep up to less than a second then it would grow back to 1.8...kept me on my toes! Chatting to him afterwards he hit a wall and gave up the chase, so ended up a few seconds behind me, that doesn't justify how close he kept for most iof the race! Only did a couple of :54 laps all race...but my pb was low 55 before that.

I started 5th in the second race, and got away to a good start. Then started the chase by @Matthyus. He got so close, seemed very ready to pounce, or just wait for a mistake. Figured I couldn't let that happen. So when that happened, he overtook...but i got a good run out of the last corner next lap, and slipstreamed up beside him...hoping i wasn't setting up a divebomb...got my nose in front on the inside, braked as late as a dared...expecting to see him turn in up the inside...but he was wide, i made it stick...and from there it was "just" maintaining the gap. I gave myself some grace by discovering another 0.2 seconds or so on the last corner, which added to the small gap, i was breating a sigh of relief once i built it to 3 or 4 seconds...but a few laps from the end i met the wall...though wasn't enough to let Johnno catch up...finishing 2 seconds behind me. Well done to @scottb721, who held the lead in front of @incey and @emmo46 for quite a while...once i got past Johnno i figured he would be too quick for me...and i didn't manage to reduce the gap much at all, this bodes well for a nice close competition in this division in the future!
    Matthyus and Easyprey007 like this.
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    There were lots fewer entanglements than I expected, maybe the low numbers helped. As usual I couldn't match my warmup times once qually began but still started second on the grid. Emmo skipped away to an early lead, (turn one lap one) and then I feel he just managed gaps til race two was done. Effective strategy but demoralising for the rest of us. Well done for max points Emmo, its going to be difficult to make a dent in your championship lead now.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The gap is only 3 points and there are still four races to go. So the fat lady isn't even out of bed yet. :)
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well that didn't go as planned.
    I qualified well, even managed a top 2 time, but this was nixed by the end of Qual. Took out 3rd. This seems to be my spot this season..

First race was as expected.
    Emmo and Incey ran away after the first few laps and I just couldn't catch them up. Managed a FL for a good portion of this race so that's something.
    Second race went as I expected as well.
    As Incey said 'You love Traffic'.
    I do need more Traffic practice as I didn't do well in this race as I could have. Once I got through the pack, I was spent and couldn't muster good lap times to close the gap to Jonesy.

Well done to Emmo and Incey once again taking the podium and 2nd. Me for 3rd!! :) (just)
    Nice work Jonesy on your progress in race 2, same for Sooby.
    Easyprey007 and Tristan Jones like this.
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I think you will do well in the second half with your crazy tyre and fuel saving but still fast driving. I will try and make it a bit difficult for you where I can