GT-Sport [Completed] RACEONOZ 3 Heures du Mans

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jul 10, 2018.

1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Isn’t that the point if you’re quick you win, rooz has been using qualy pace since GT5, I ran a default tune and tweaked the sway bar, Car handles really good like that, I feel anything else is too much for the 908

If you’re going to hate jono at least bring something to the table
  2. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    I struggled with the bathurst quali aswell and look how that ended up. I just wanted to race the guys I know I should be. My own fault. Enjoy the race.
    seth123 likes this.
  3. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    A lot of disrespect shown here.
    Much time and effort has been put in for this event to work.
    From an outsiders point of view, the qualifying times look to me like the BOP is pretty good - 3/4 of the field is spread by only 4 seconds on a track that has a 3min+ lap time.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2018
    StigsTC, Viperzed, JonoStan96 and 4 others like this.
  4. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    If you qualify poorly suck it up, eyes forward for the race
    It's easy to say you know who you should be racing against, maybe you could also try qualifying with them too!
  5. Noremac

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Laugh all you want. But running around by myself for 3 hours will be boring no point staying up till 2am for that when I can go out on a Saturday night instead
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Why do I feel like this is the Le Mans Childcare 3 hr thread?

You guys need to shut up now and get ready for saturday.
    @Noremac we will see you at the next one.
  7. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Does the childcare have 2 rooms asking for a friend
    ItzRacing95 likes this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it does, but it won't matter to you, since you're in the timeout chair
    StigsTC and ItzRacing95 like this.
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    R u a moderator ?
    ItzRacing95 and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. Noremac

PSN ID
    Normxc
    GP2 engine?
  11. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    GP2 bag actually
    ItzRacing95 likes this.
  12. NoirAntares

NoirAntares Rookie

PSN ID
    CWM_NoirAntares
    Isn't that what already happened? Q2 made most of room 1.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hatfield is right...pull your heads in lads.

@seth123 , you need to pull yours in the most .... personal snipes like you have been throwing, and stupid reports to the mod team are wearing thin.

@JonoStan96 i dont know how the BOP works, but from what i can see its a huge job that given the difference in driver standards and car differences you have done a great job in trying to get it sorted.

@Noremac , personally would love to see you run and show you rrcae pace, but if you choose not to, thats entirely up to you. Thanks for keeping your posts on point.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2018
    Hatfield, JonoStan96, seth123 and 3 others like this.
  14. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I’ll take ur spot, I love easy wins and Hatfield will slow me up anyways :D
  15. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    It would only be like 14 seconds spread if I didn’t choke on my official qualifying laps. Did a 3:32 as my last lap of practice before hand.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It is a huge job, almost a month’s work was wiped out thanks to the new update, 1000’s of kms in 19 cars trying to get these them as balanced as possible to ensure everyone has a shot at being competitive. That’s why events like this only happen once every few months as the time it takes to get everything satisfactory is enormous. This one especially due to the massive differences in classes, something that I’m confident will result in a massively exciting race with insurmountable amounts of overtaking and on track action.

The general mood in this thread has been very sour ever since the car selection went live and I’ve had enough. It looks poor, reflects badly and I’m amazed some of our special guests from GTP haven’t chucked it in. I’ve been making community races for years and will continue to do so just so long as I’ve still got the passion and/or the rights to do so. But I have to say the events of the last 2 weeks have worn very thin on me and I do not look forward to doing another one unless the whinging stops, the sniping stops and if people want to critisise the BOP, fair enough but only if you have made some contributions and genuine input into it. I shoulder all the responsibility for getting it right and if I have got it wrong I’ll be the first to admit it. This is why changes were still being made up until last night. I do not want it to be a failure.

At the end of the day, and I mentioned this in the Bathurst thread, the result of the race matters little, what is most important is that everyone has fun battling each other on this awesome track with these amazing cars. From my experiences events like these (especially on GT) don’t come around very often so it is a privilege be able to bring a taste of what was a very enjoyable period in sim racing (FYi: 2015 GTP Endurance Series) away from forgotten exclusitivity into an environment where it can thrive and be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of skill level.
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well said jono, and your work is appreciated by everyone .... even if they dont agree with you on some things ;)

Guys, all i will add is that we don't rule this site with an iron fist like others do. The mod team don't mind debate, a bit of banter and ultimately a difference of opinion. (fancy that on the internet !). Lots of posts over the last few days have been over the top, and getting way too personal. Its pretty simple to show respect regardless if you agree with someone or not ;)
  18. Noremac

PSN ID
    Normxc
    I'd like to apologize for my part in the sourness. I get you're doing loads of work towards this @JonoStan96 everyone thanks you.
  19. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Setting track and class specific BoP at every track for 6 cars was a week long affair back on GT6 when I understood how tuning worked.
    Setting BoP on a 3:20 lap, across 17 cars that vary so massively is a feat of wizardry, and that is BEFORE you account for the physics update in the middle. Jono could release a BoP update Saturday morning and it'd still be justified considering the amount of factors that require attention.
    Having a guy as talented as Keeden on the BoP team is not to be understated, he can get closer to the maximum out of any car in such a repeatable manner his data is incredibly valuable. When you put that together with the rest of the team providing more data points and Jono's experience in the GTPES with the fun and games of the BoP there, you can have solid confidence in the numbers the guys have achieved.
    Collectively we should all be incredibly thankful to Jono, Keeden, Seth and the whole team behind the scenes for their efforts to fix PD's horribly broken one-size-fits-all BoP so that we can have great close racing over 3 hours in such a wide variety of cars.
    So thank you Jono, you had the courage to run a kickass series of endurance races when nobody else has even got close to getting it right, and I'm incredibly grateful that I can just go racing in great cars, at great tracks and know that no matter what car I pick, I have a fair shot at success. I hope you can keep enjoying these races, and continue to run them.
    (I'm also a fan of the division ballast system that worked so very well at Bathurst, but this didn't fit in anywhere above but still needed to be said.)
    See you all on Saturday.
    StigsTC
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)