GT-Sport [Completed] RACEONOZ 3 Heures du Mans

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Thanks for the reminder/invite Jono as again you have organized a great night of racing. :thumbsup:
    But alas I would need a co-driver and a masseuse to last the distance.
    Aiming for 45mins Sunday week, which will be an enduro for me at present.
    Good luck to all Saturday night and enjoy. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    JonoStan96 and Viperzed like this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I’ll have a test room open tonight at around 8:30, hopefully we’ll have time to test a stint.

@lets_party-1611 I’ve made a livery for you to download, I hope you like gold lol
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  4. robin edwards

robin edwards Team Driver

PSN ID
    rae1982
    i am out for this i am not going be home
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Rig all packed up to drive to gold coast and race tomorrow night...hope i can repeat those laps in a different room!

Same deal as bathurst @JonoStan96 ? Formation lap and go from leaders choice of position etc? What stops the leader from doing a race lap during formation?
  6. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    What needs to be known is does everyone know where the start line is as opposed to the finish line. There’s 145 meters difference. This could cause people to jump the start.
    StigsTC likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    All questions will be answered in the drivers briefing tonight :)
    Hatfield likes this.
  8. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Thanks for applying colours to my car Jono,

[​IMG]
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    What car?

Anyway may as well show of the rest of my liveries for the race :)
    Here’s my Red Bull PlayStation Audi R18 with sleek blue chrome finish
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A modernised replica R92CP livery for @MINT_GTR (along with a replica of his Blancpain helmet :))
    [​IMG]

And a gold chrome Tomahawk for @lets_party-1611
    [​IMG]
  10. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    No one zoom in on my left hand side mirror, my cars covered in Easter eggs
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Updated Standings:
    1st StigsTC 3:18.754
    2nd Risky: 3:19.226
    3rd Keeden: 3:19.575
    4th Seth: 3:19.586
    5th NoirAntares: 3:19.690
    6th Xlxy90: 3:20.137
    7th Jono: 3:20.158
    8th Naacs: 3:20.599
    9th randm90: 3:20.622
    10th Filo: 3:20.790
    11th Mint: 3:20.862
    12th StormPacer: 3:20.927
    13th Littleblacko: 3:21.102
    14th Grassies: 3:21.244
    15th Normac: 3:21.454
    16th Party: 3:21.660
    17th Toranafan: 3:22.201
    18th Viperzed: 3:22.519
    19th ItzRacing: 3:23.144
    20th Patg: 3:23.572
    21st Jonesy: 3:23.574
    22nd Knuckles: 3:24.619
    23rd Jcp: 3:27.036
    24th NZDMK: 3:29.500
    25th Rae: 3:31.324
    26th Mark: 3:37.357
    seth123 and NoirAntares like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    FYI there is a ps4 system update
    seth123 and StigsTC like this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hey guys, to avoid your car coming up as a #0 in the online races, do this:
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Could I please have some volunteers to host the lobbies?
    Updated Rooms:

Kristensen:
    StigsTC
    Risky
    Keeden
    Seth
    NoirAntares
    Xlxy90
    Jono
    Naacs
    randm90
    Filo
    Mint
    StormPacer

Ickx:
    Littleblacko
    Grassies & Arakasi
    Party
    Toranafan
    Viperzed
    ItzRacing & TDZDave
    Patg
    Jonesy
    Jcp
    NZDM
    Mark
    Heyagarn

Top 5 in each lobby will participate in pre race shootout.
    grassies likes this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Driver’s Briefing: 3 Heures du Mans
    Approximate Race Distance: 53-56 Laps
    Please read the following and ‘like’ once you have read and understood it.
    [​IMG]

Top 5 Shootout - 22:00
    Start Time: 7:45 AEST
    Tyre/Fuel Depletion: X0

TOP 5 SHOOTOUT PROCEDURE:
    Drivers who are listed in the top 5 in their corresponding rooms will only be allowed on track during this session. The cars will be released in reverse order at 30 second intervals, 5th goes first, 1st goes last. Drivers caught excessively exeeding track limits will have their lap invalidated. Should all 5 drivers be found guilty of ignoring track limits, all will have 2 seconds added to their original qualifying laps. No second chances.

The room host must reset the room conditions to meet the indicated requirements.
    No cars apart from the cars setting a lap are allowed on the track. Once you have set a lap, you may exit, via the pause menu but your car must remain in the pits. This allows you to spectate as well. The session should take no more than 15 Minutes.

The driver who takes pole will then elect which side of the grid he would like to start from. The rest of the grid will adjust accordingly on the formation lap.

Race - 21:00
    One Lap Test Race: 8:15 AEST
    Start Time: 8:30 AEST
    Tyre/Fuel Depletion: X1

RACE START PROCEDURE:
    The room host will set the grid based on the qualifying order. At approximately 8:15, the host must start a 1 lap test to ensure everyone can move off the grid with no issue. This can be done by changing the race type to Practice/Race.

Prior to the race start, the host must double check the Power and Weight of each car matches those listed in the OP.
    The race will start in a side by side formation as per previous 3 Hour events. The pole sitter will set the pace but the 1st lap must not take longer than 5 Minutes. The pole sitter after rounding the final corner can choose when to hit the gas to start the race as long as it is before the start finish line. The race will go green at the start finish line regardless of the pole sitter’s actions. Note: Taking off before the final corner (i.e: Turn 33) will result in a one minute penalty.
    If you are silly enough to spin on the formation lap, you are allowed to regain your place, but tough luck if the race starts before you can do so..

TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you risk being penalised post race by the Stewards Group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST give the place back at the next available opportunity.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race. This is a very long race, so there should be no divebombs or ridiculous moves so early on.

CAR DISPARITY: This will be a very chaotic race at the start, be wary of very fast Group C cars down the straight and Prototypes in the corners. Keep your wits about you and drive to the conditions.

BALANCE OF PERFORMANCE: Following one last, defining grand finale update, the BOP is now set and will not change from now until the race start. Be sure to check the statistics in the OP if you are unsure of what you are meant to run, and for any changes you may have missed or be unaware of.

NUMBER BOARDS: It is a requirement that you place dedicated number boards (found in the OP) on your car in an easy to spot fashion. These are colour coded to clearly indicate car division, while the bottom square has been left white so you can edit it as you wish. Please ensure the number itself is clear to see. These boards are mandatory and failure to have them displayed on the car clearly will result in a Non Classification. Discretion may be applied under certain circumstances.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your ego and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning.

BLUE FLAGS: Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible when appropriate. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class.

HEALTH: Please please please empty your bladder before the race. We have a big enough break before the race to do so, we’ve all heard the degenerate stories of people pissing in bottles to continue playing, I really hope that doesn’t happen here! On the flipside, keep hydrated during the race with a bottle of water or energy drink, etc.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @JonoStan96
    @KeedenMcdonald & I will be splitting and racing solo tonight.
    I will be reverted to an older, slower, more stable tune in the toyota and would like to run in room 2 (since my pb after the update is a 25)
    I think keeden wants to run in the 908

I don't mind starting rear of grid
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  17. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    What happened to Hat?
    EDIT: NEVERMIND. Tree'd as bro.
    Also naaah lets just skip the shoutout and go straight to the race.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    done. Stigs, you start 5th
  19. NoirAntares

NoirAntares Rookie

PSN ID
    CWM_NoirAntares
    It'll be a miracle if I start anywhere except 5th in lobby 1. What with Stigs hacking the 919 to 18s and all.
    JonoStan96 and StigsTC like this.
  20. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Its all in how you hack the tyre model, see, the trick is not to modify the values of mu, but you just simplify the calculations by cutting corners in a few areas of the engine and you get through the bendy bits faster.