Season 16: 'Murica!! F#*k Yeah!!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

So 13 points to try to make up... hmm...
  2. squid

squid Rookie

I'm going to sit this week and maybe next week out, got an exam coming up and I need to do learning & haven't got enough practise time :(
  3. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I was looking forward to our battles :)
    Well make sure you do study and not just waste your time then.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I wont be able to make this week but will try to make the rest of the rounds of the season.
  5. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

6. Rolz

Congrats again to @andyo450 (I think I will copy and paste this line from now on :p)
    WD for all the podiums getters :thumbsup:

Q1 - Pace was off, but happy to be in the middle considering I did about 30% of my normal practice during the week thanks to building a new sim rig and getting my study converted to a nursery. Still constantly getting PB's so was just down to lack of track time to get that line and length right :)
    R1 - Well lack of track time showed when I made a few silly mistakes, going off track or spinning lucky to get away with 12th :cautious:
    R2 - Basically get out in front, try to get some good laps down, build a buffer of time and see what happens with andy and co coming through the pack... last 4-5laps I just took it easy as I didn't want to make any silly mistakes, came out with the win. :ninja:

S17 Car Vote 2 - http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-17-car-voting-2.3343/

Road Atlanta servers are up, please test and let me know or I'll check tonight

New Rig
    [​IMG]
    Anon666, Peter Wise, andyo450 and 8 others like this.
  7. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Dooooope!
  8. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Pretty happy with my consistency in the first race especially after the last couple of rounds, few little hiccups in the 2nd race.
    krunch, Bogor, jlynn777 and 1 other person like this.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rolz likes this.
  10. Rolz

11. tezpez85

Can we have a re-think as to the points distribution for next season? I agree with the point gaps between 1st-3rd, but anything after that doesn't really incentivize to try too hard. I would argue there is a big difference in effort between coming 5th and 10th, yet there is only 6 points difference between those positions.

Conversely, I'd argue with how close the races we've had this season, the time difference between 1st and 4th at the end of a race can be as little as 10 seconds, yet the points gap is much larger at 12. This can put championship battles out of reach after a few rounds. It's something I've observed over several seasons that just doesn't make sense to me.
    krunch likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    rooz uses the moto gp points system for its rooms of 16:
    http://www.motogp.com/en/Inside MotoGP/Points

AC has a larger grid and so the system was modified for that
    does AC have a max grid size? or is it track dependent?
    tezpez85 likes this.
  13. tezpez85

Track dependent, we run OSRW tracks (with extra grid slots) when there are large grids. I had no idea it was based on the MotoGP system - though perhaps because I'm used to the F1 points system I thought it was a bit weird:

https://www.formula1.com/en/champio.../Classification_Race_distance_and_Points.html
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it used to be more like this, with only the top 10 scoring points.
    But we found, once drivers had no chance at the top 10, more would pull over and give up since there wasn't any points in it which was one factor for moving to points for all placings
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    For sure throw up some proposals.
  16. tezpez85

I'd like to see maybe a 2-3 point gap minimum in top 10 places, then could drop to singular point gaps after top 10.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    24th =1
    23 =2
    22 =3
    21 =4
    20 =5
    19 =6
    18 =7
    17 =8
    16 =9
    15 =10
    14 =11
    13 =12
    12 =13
    11 =14
    10 =15
    9 =17
    8 =19
    7 =21
    6 =23
    5 =25
    4 =27
    3 =31 or 30
    2 =35 or 33
    1st =40 or 36

depends how much you want to reward the win
    Rolz, andyo450 and tezpez85 like this.
  18. tezpez85

Yeah, that seems great!
  19. tezpez85

I would prefer a smaller distribution for the podium slots, but I say that with a vested interest as I'm usually not on the podium :laugh:

To be pragmatic though, I'd say the seasons have usually developed with 2-3 drivers going at it at the top (sans this season thanks to Andy's speed) and some thought should be given to how many races it takes to reverse a deficit by a driver grabbing 1st place.

Also I'm not 100 percent how double sprint + reverse grid point allocation works or if there are ways to improve the point allocation for this. For sure, getting up through the grid on the reverse takes patience, but also requires a certain amount of luck.
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks Hat.