General Chat

Discussion in 'RaceOnOZ Aussie iRacing Team' started by Giant slayer, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
  2. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Come to the dark side :thumbsup:
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    pc is still broken i thourght it was fixed but turns out something is still not right as it randomly restarts
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  4. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Hey Guys ive just signed up to iRacing and have installed software. The members site keeps telling me that updates are required so i try to do them and it tells me completed 0/0kb but the site still says required. Also the UI says downloading in the top right but there is no progress bar. Can one of you boys help? ive also emailed support but im impatient after spending that kind of money
  5. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Thought I would share an onboard VR lap of iRacing. This is a lap from tonight's AMF GT Dev series practice session at Bathurst in the AMG GT3.

When I decided to have a go at iRacing, it felt like I was taking a risk making the jump from Project Cars 2, not knowing what I was getting into. But after 6 rounds driving for our team in this series, I can say it was a risk well worth taking.
    Grids of up to 50 cars, live race control (most driving penalties get handed out during the race), little if any technical/room issues (at least for me), scheduled official practice sessions. I would recommend it to anyone who values clean racing.

Racing in VR is amazing, watching a replay of it on a flat screen just doesn't do it justice. Everything is life size and with fully 3D perspective giving a true sense of speed.
  6. its-benny-racer

When I last posted on an update I was preparing for the final round of last season in the AMG GT3.

We are now a full season later, preparing for the final round this coming Sunday, a sprint round at Road Atlanta.
    This season most of the ROOZ team have been running the Ferrari 488 GTE. This has been helpful to me a lot to get faster and more consistent. The team has been very helpful, never affraid to give tips on how to approach a circuit.

As a team we have been getting some great results, regularly getting at least 4 cars in the top 8 in what is a very competitive field.
    Here is some replay from the last round at Virginia International Raceway, just a few early laps from the race. Excuse the poor framerates, that only seems to happen in replays, when I'm racing I typically get 60 to 90 FPS.

Every week, the top split is broadcast live by Apex Racing TV: https://www.youtube.com/user/ApexRacingTV Feel free to tune in and watch the team in action.

I certainly encourage more guys to join us. Compared to PC2, GT or F1 it is brutally realistic, all mistakes are punished and dirty racing is punished even harder.
    I understand there is a cost associated with iRacing, and that isn't for everyone. But it is a price I'm happy to pay for great, clean racing and 0 glitches.
  7. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Awesome mate I just made the jump on the weekend and have signed up for this one too.
    its-benny-racer likes this.
  8. its-benny-racer

My chariot for this season...
    [​IMG]

This is shaping up to be a great season, 1 round down and all 4 car options are looking very evenly matched. We have over 190 registered entries, with 108 drivers participating in round 1.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  9. its-benny-racer

Some screenshots from Sunday night, round 3 at Barcelona. Started 22nd finished 12th.
    This coming weekend it's a 90 min enduro at COTA.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Beau_Albert, Anthonyb and Hatfield like this.
  10. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

prolly already seen this... certainly enjoying watching it on telly and the various twitch feeds
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  11. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

https://supertwitch.cf/
    Rolz likes this.
  12. its-benny-racer

Just an FYI for those interested. The team are currently gearing up for another tilt at the Le Mans 24 hour, will start on the 27th of June (11am event start). We've spent the last 2 weeks starting to get a setup dialed in for the Porsche 919 Hybrid. (I've racked up 177 laps already :eek:). These cars are very technical, having to understand hybrid deployment and regeneration settings, how to get the best out of it strategy wise on top of the usual suspension and tire setup.
  13. its-benny-racer

Seriously, if you have the spare $ and you just want no BS racing, leave the Nintendo to the kids and come join us.

As a team we help each other improve, race together as a team as well as against each other. We all share telemetry data and setups so nobody is left to figure everything out for themselves.

We also have guys competing in some of the premier sim racing leagues in Australia. Lately we have been trying to add in some less serious/fun racing nights as well.
    Rolz and KoAStR like this.
  14. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

what is the go, when someone wants to come back to the Rooz team?
  15. its-benny-racer

Thought I'd share some pics of our Le Mans entry for this year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @its-benny-racer can you help out with this at all please?
  17. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

been in the team for 2 weeks now, she is sorted lol
    Hatfield likes this.
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
  19. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Been thinking about Iracing for a while now, started to check out the specs etc for a PC. Then I noticed the support status of satellite internet. As I live in an SA country area, without landline cable internet does it make it a 'no go' for me?
  20. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

depend son latency the sat gives you... I'd look at registering for Starlink...
    what is ur mobile data like? know a few that use that, I have to when moving house and waiting for internet to be connected... that is def playable and an option...
    doesn't really smash ur data usage than say netflix on mobile does