GT Sport Season 5 Entry Thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Aug 29, 2018.

1. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    @Hatfield Ill prob join as a reserve privateer for this season as I may not be able to attend all races if that is okay.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sure thing
    seth123 and Easyprey007 like this.
  3. GT-71CKL

GT-71CKL Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-Zeus4
    @Hatfield You can put me down as a reserve. I have no idea if il make the majority of races or not. If theres a spot and I can show up, ill race. If no space, no biggie.
    seth123 likes this.
  4. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    I'm in.
    seth123 and Tristan Jones like this.
  5. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    I’m out.
    seth123 likes this.
  6. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    No not this season mainly due to wheel issues.
    But my decision was made easier by the decision to run with full power, and not with BOP on.
    The car is too fast for me, and also becomes too unbalanced after any slight contact.
    seth123 likes this.
  7. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Frottle Kontrol is Key
    Apex_64 and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Just a quick word on people struggling with the car, or pulling out because of it.

I am one of those guys who had poor throttle control.

1st and 2nd gear in this car are tricky, but just be careful, and once it hits 3rd OH MY GOD it is crazy awesome!

Do me a favour and at least give round 1 a go. Monza no chicane, you don't even need to use 1st or 2nd gear apart from the grid start (just use tcs for that part)
    Tristan Jones, seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  9. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    So we change the Div's again................
    full grids will not necessarily make it better racing it will just mean the faster guys will just win it all and the rest will be trying not to finish last ....which will discourage even more people so next season there might only be 2 Div's
    you race to win races or at least have a chance to win
    We might as well just pull names out of a Hat ....hehehe
    I will probably get bagged for this but its just my opinion
    NAACS likes this.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Winning isn't everything. Guys will tell you of awesome race long battles they have had... for 10th!
    Large grids is important.
    Kieran_B33, seth123, arakasi- and 2 others like this.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Low grids is the reason there’s no more F1 league. Apart from the game being a broken pile of turd but I digress.
    seth123 likes this.
  12. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Not relevant.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    What’s not relevant? Enlighten me.
    Kieran_B33 and seth123 like this.
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Exactly, I don’t care where I crossed the line 30 seconds after then race ended ( you don’t get a trophy )
    But I’ve got no issue remembering awesome racing forever ( your personal favourite dan I bottled my SOO Bathurst 2 hour race but it didn’t matter cause 90 minutes of racing with FILO was unforgettable)

If people need to feel they can win that race to want to race why doesn’t everyone just try and improve? When I was a youngin in here I didn’t cover my eyes and surrender I pesterd the division 1 drivers for tips and guidance and Rotor who doesn’t really pop up here much anymore gave me massive pointers

The debut F1Loz season I did was probably the best race series I’ve ever done and I didn’t win the championship, had a lot of DNF’s and my favourite races weren’t even podiums or wins.

The last race I did on here was the Bathurst 3H and I was so stoked with the racing despite I finished 48 seconds off first...
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    You deserved to win that F1 season more than I did...
  16. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    @KeedenMcdonald to weigh in on if he remembers any/more of the effortless 1 second per lap victories or the races he was actually required to do some racing in.
    My personal stance is that how and why is more important than the result. As such, having a titanic race long battle for 6th place is always going to be more enjoyable, and memorable than winning unrivalled.
    (Unless you spent that race fighting the stopwatch and managed to come out ahead, but those are rare as)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    I know winning isn't everything .....But you don't enter any competition now matter what it is to have no realistic chance of winning and to be out there just to make up the numbers and make the competition look viable .........
    I had and I am sure a lot other guys had some great battles last season.....but if you had 7 or 8 guys that where really close and anybody had a chance of a podium would't that be better than having 16 guys out there with half the field 50 seconds down the road..........
    Matthyus likes this.
  18. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    TL : DR - I support smaller divisions of closer racing rather than larger fields.

Sorry for the wall of text, it didn't start out this way... But I have a bit to say on this topic and I do hope that if this knowledge is spread around and everyone understands the work that goes on in the background to make the racing here as competitive as possible it will bring people back.

To expand on this, this was exactly why put my hand up to see if a better system could be devised to assist in leveling the competition.
    By having racers who are close to each other, racing in the same room, it invites competition, improvement and a desire to 1UP your fellow racers. Point in case was Emmo and Incey last season. They were practicing above normal levels for them and giving it all they could on the track. They are very close in pace to each other and should be racing against each other (incidents aside) Sorry to the both of you for bringing it back up (@emmo46 @incey )

Now you add in lets say the remaining of D4 which were at least 1 to 2s per lap in behind the leaders. For us, we see no hope in obtaining a win / podium due to the uneven distribution of racers. Either due to numbers or incorrect information. The same happened in S1, where a group of 5 racers could not be caught by the remaining grid.
    I should point out that last season I had 1 good battle. In all my 4 seasons of racing, aside from my first win (by chance with brain fade on @Jcp part) I can recollect no other close battles.
    What happens here is that after the first race, if a racer knows their pace is by far not in the ball park, they are less likely to try. They might stick it out, if they don't have anything else to do with their night or they might just not show up for the rest of the season. It depends on the mindset of the racer at any given time.

Now when I did this seasons division breakup with Hat, my only guiding rule was to keep the racing as close as possible to allow any racer the chance at a podium inside their division. This might mean that if you have traditionally been in say high division and now all of a sudden see yourself in a lower division, this is due to the fact that your lap and race times compared to the best performed showed that your pace is regulates you with racers of similar pace. This is a cultural shift in thinking and is sometimes a hard pill to swallow to be told that you aren't that fast yet.
    There are times when we'll make a decision based on improvement and a discussion will happen with X said racer and if happy to accept the challenge a move to a higher division will be made, with the privso that they can stay if they can prove they deserve to be there.

This season, due to numbers we've had to squeeze the divisions together. What's done is done. However I'm very keen to see the results to see if racers who have been left in their 'original' divisions stack up against the racers who have shown they are capable of racing at that level. I'll also be interested to see the results of the combined divisions to see if the original breakup of racers. IE - if the lower part of the division stays in the back half of the grid and really don't have much hope of a podium / win. Then to also see if the drop off happens of those racers.

Then again, I could be completely making this incredibly complex and should let everyone choose their own division and let them see how good / far off from the pace / winners they actually are.
    Time will tell.

As a side note, @Hatfield do you want the race results from the MnG?
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    probably just fastest lap times from MnG
    Matthyus likes this.
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No worries, I am over it now.
    Matthyus and Easyprey007 like this.