GT Sport Season 5 Entry Thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Aug 29, 2018.

1. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I mean, i have done about 4 seasons here now with zero wins, but i still hang around because i know that if i put enough effort in, i can be up there. Racing mid pack with people all around you is awesome fun.
    Saying that, i know that driving around the back every round could be taxing, and would definitely be good reason to quit.
    Tristan Jones and xlxy90 like this.
  2. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Exactly throttle control ...... but my fear/weakness of lack of throttle control is slightly different.
    Mine is controlling myself from not throttling someone after being knocked off the track. :cautious:
    Easyprey007 and Buster_Danis like this.
  3. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Kudos to all the admins who care enough to put the effort in to make great racing for themselves and the rest of us.

It is interesting see the melding of some science with some black magic to come up with the divisions. The delicate balance between having popular enough settings like no tuning, while still retaining enough interest for the sim purists at the other end of the scale. Im pretty easy to please, but as Risky said above driving around the back of the pack every week is very taxing - sometimes taxing enough to GG (which in other places means GIT GUD...not good game), other times bringing overwhelming foreboding to the point of quitting. I have seen other games lose players - and more often than not it is the lower half of the pool that disappear.

I love a full 16 racer grid...but the possibility of 8 racers of a closer pace is tantalising enough to wonder about how to make it happen. Above all that though, I think more total racers allows for the possibility of better, closer racing. I will be very interested to see the results of pace comparison to the old 4 division split.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    @Hatfield Would you consider trying A/B again for the lower 2 Divs like in GT6 Days?
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    possibly... I was just thinking this before too
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    We did this back in GT6 so the bottom half of the grid were still fighting for something, with the chance of still getting an outright result. Worked for the most part......

i have to say its a bloody difficult job getting divs right, when you consider that drivers have a preference of car / track combinations, and this can vary greatly from season to season. For those of you that have been around for a while, i am sure you would know the hiding to nothing we are on trying to keep everyone involved, happy, competitive and ultimately wanting more !

The bottom line is this, not every driver can win each race, and there has to be a last place driver, regardless of grid size. For as long as i can remember, the answer is a pineapple in trying to keep people happy. We have tried big grids, smaller grids that in theory had drivers closer in ability, Divs A and B, and even div adjustment based on pace relevant to those around them.

We have had some extraordinarily fast guys leading the div 1 guys around over the years, When you get 3 or 4 in a room its great to watch, and demoralising at the same time ! IMO, the best way to go is full grids with an A and B championship where the slower guys in each div still have a shot at a championship. It has to be better than trundling around in a 6 or 7 car field after 5 or 6 guys drop out for whatever reason, which has happened more than everyone would like.
    Easyprey007 and JonoStan96 like this.
  7. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Especially when we are racing with @KeedenMcdonald. Div 1 A for him while everyone else is in Div 1 B
    A stands for alien
  8. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Easyprey007 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  9. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Haha :):):):) off. Quickest time attacker in australia at the moment.
    KeedenMcdonald and Noremac like this.
  11. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    more like not commited enough
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it ain't a big enough deal to go to these events apparently
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    3 racers per division, everyone gets a trophy!!!

Simples. :rolleyes:
    Kieran_B33, arakasi- and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the best solution would be to get all the pcars guys back over to where it all started... Gran Turismo
    We would get 6-7 divisions with the times from the top to the bottom of the divisions much closer than we have now... I can still dream can't I?
  15. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    WhO pLaYs PcArS aNyWaY?
  16. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    In full please. Bottom division if there's still room
  17. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Sure thing
  18. ItzRacing95

ItzRacing95 Rookie

Is it too late to join in? I can’t guarantee I’ll be there every week but I’m keen to join in for a race or 2 when I am available
    JonoStan96 and stucar17 like this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    not too late, will sort out your division soon as a reserve
    ItzRacing95 likes this.
  20. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Easyprey007 and Hatfield like this.