GT Sport Season 5 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 25, 2018.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    yeah, no idea. i think i parked for at least two races
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i hosted the room and that was about it, its amazing how smashed you can get on homebrew
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    incey likes this.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I could do with an upgrade. there's a minimum number of races to qualify for entry isn't there @stucar17
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yep, 4 of the 7 rounds to qualify
  6. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Doesn't matter, @Luckgoesmyway will win anyway
    Tristan Jones and xlxy90 like this.
  7. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

xlxy90 likes this.
  8. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Pace was pretty good across all the racers the other night but then again we only had 7 people in the room
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ItzRacing95 likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Currently we have 40 full time signups, and 12 reserves.
    Do any of our current reserves think they will be a full time signup? If not, which rounds will you be missing?
    @arakasi-
    @deedz_aus
    @pat65
    @ItzRacing95
  12. ItzRacing95

ItzRacing95 Rookie

At worst I should miss 2 rounds at the most...
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    which 2?
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    WELCOME TO SEASON 5!!

It was a good season in regards to the number of protests last season with only a few coming to the stewards, let's aim to break that record with even less this season!

Also thanks to PAGNIAN for providing the prizes for the last season of the year, 2 x Wheelstand lites valued at $199 each !
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize draw at seasons end.

ROUND 1 :
    Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicane) - 33 laps - 12:00 Fine - 14/10
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. This is especially dangerous in our Group C Monster. Turn 1 is flat out and side by side is possible but risky. I suggest getting in some practice 1 lappers with a group of drivers. The following chicane is also going to be very tricky. If you hit someone which forces them off track and they ghost teleport back to the beginning of the corner, you need to wait on exit of the chicane to the right off track for them as to redress the incident

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    The corners here to be careful are:
    T2 - late braking understeer may cause you to run deep and have to cut the right hand part of the chicane. Ensure you do not gain any advantage, if you are unsure, a slight lift is all that should be required.
    T5 - cutting on entry and exit is the issue here, same deal as T2, don't gain advantage. Be careful on exit as the astro-turf is slippery and you will slide over the white lines on exit.
    T6 - if you run wide at parabolica, the tarmac is 'dirty' and you have a fair chance of understeering into the sand
    Also, overtakes with 4 wheels over white line track limits are not acceptable.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive this car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow driver and enjoy that screaming GrpC engine when it hits those beautiful notes

TYRES : You must start on the Racing Super Soft Tyre. After that, any Racing Tyre is allowed.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves in advance
    pat65, arakasi-, VARDZ and 6 others like this.
  15. ItzRacing95

ItzRacing95 Rookie

Possibly Suzuka and St Croix. It’s possible I could still race, just depends on what state I’m in when I get home from racing speedway the night before
  16. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I will miss Suzuka also
  17. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    I will miss round 2
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I will also miss suzuka
  19. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    I plan to do all races for now.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    i'll give you a full time spot then