Another new Brisbane member

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Woody, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    I've only just joined but it seems like an awesome community of people :)

I've been gaming most of my life and have played plenty of Gran Turismo, Rally and F1 from the days of the PS1. In fact I even had a Commodore 64 as a kid (old dude alert!). Most of my playing has been with a controller until last Christmas when my wife bought me a G29. Thankfully this gave me the justification to pick up a GT Ultimate Seat as well. Also just upgraded to a PS4 Pro form a standard PS4 (thanks Amazon daily deal).
    I've spent a mixture of time on GT Sport, PC2 and AC mostly however have dabble with Dirt 4, Dirt Rally, F12018 as well.
    I do play other games but find I spend the majority of time racing these days and am keen to keep this up.
    Ideally I am looking to upgrade the wheel and peddles over the next few months, probably to a Fanatec and am happy to hear any opinions on what works best for PS4 and is a better wheel pedal combo.
    Currently playing in front of (to the side) of a 65inch TV and will probably set up a specific space with triple monitors and add a PC once the family gets sick of me taking over the lounge.

Really looking forward to racing more with you guys.

Cheers
    SUBGTRACER, Anthonyb and stucar17 like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Nice woody,
    good bunch of guys to race with, which is why there is a core of guys been around for a long time, right back to GT5 days !

Is heaps of info around the different threads re wheels and setup... lots of different opinions as well.

Hope you enjoy the racing with us, getting into a great championship battle, and close hard racing is unreal fun.....
    You ll get sick of me stressing to everyone about racing clean, but thats why we are here !

Cheers stu
    SUBGTRACER and Woody like this.
  3. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    To quote @stucar17 last night, "let's make sure we keep it clean and get through turn 1 with no contact."

Everyone smashes up on the start line. Haha
    SUBGTRACER and stucar17 like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    did you still get through turn 1 without contact though?
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    nothing like a front row starter getting a snail start and everyone else behind getting a blinder !
    A little like this !!
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

As you have probably worked out everyone is happy to help here. So if you have any questions just ask.
    Welcome to rooz mate
    Woody likes this.
  7. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Thanks mate
  8. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    I got through turn 1 without contact alright.......
  9. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Yeah we all got through turn 1, just the field was nice and spread out.