GT Sport Season 5 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    What an absolute disaster that was.

Got what I could only call a cracking start from p9 avoided anything that resembled carnage and ended somewhere about p5 only for the race to be restarted.

On the restart, I went from p9 to last place. And then got caught up in some chaos. Was frustrated from that point on, made some really dumb mistakes, ran for god knows how many laps on a lean fuel option because I must have bumped it to lean without noticing, and then got so angry I literally started to burn up So I pulled the pin. First race I’ve ever quit from.
  2. Heyagarn

Heyagarn Rookie

PSN ID
    Heyagarn
    @Jurassic Mark Same boat for me man, my worst ever Rooz race in my early career days haha. Constant silly mistakes from poor concentration, rum probly had a bit to do with it. Apologies again to anyone who I tangled with, although 2 occasions (under blue flags)I thought were a little harsh and I believe I wasn’t in the wrong and still ended up hitting the wall.
    But looking forward to next race, hope to be better, cheers guys
    scottb721 likes this.
  3. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    For the cars getting lapped, when a car is coming up behind could you please check the split time to the car behind you that you're actually 'racing' . If it differs greatly then it's probably someone trying to get past.
    Cheers
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  4. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Season 5 Round 1 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    xxPepsi Edgexx - 1.24.348 - DSC
    fezza and Easyprey007 like this.
  5. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I couldn't believe how many stupid mistakes I made in that race, well done to @Green Terror for his first win, @Matthyus for his first FL.

At this point I'm out for next week but will be back for Rd3.
    Tristan Jones and Matthyus like this.
  6. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Well that was an eventful start to the season. Got an average start and someone went for a pass on the inside but before he cleared me he veered out to the left too early to take the fast right hander so I got pushed out onto the dirt to P10.

Started catching up some guys who made mistakes or had moments of their own and had a few good battles on worn tyres before the pitstop. Came out of pits in P3 then got passed and repassed a few times. Guy ahead pulled ahead by 4s or so then on the last lap must have ran out of fuel so was on high fuel save mode and I caught up within half a lap and went for a pass on the inside at Ascari but he turned into me and got pushed out to the right.

I personally wouldn't have defended that aggressively if I was on high fuel save mode knowing the guy behind was catching me at full pelt, but it was what it was. Enjoyed the battle none the less.

Back markers were certainly a challenge :p
    Tristan Jones and Matthyus like this.
  7. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Pretty consistent effort for my first ever ROOZ race. Probably could have held my quali position had I a) not been punted at the first chicane and b) not gone off track twice at my own hand :whistling:. Thanks all.

I think I need to be braver with my braking looking at the replay of the leaders.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Matthyus likes this.
  8. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Well, it turns out that a 3-4 month hiatus really effects your performance haha.

Qualified 7th, and got a great start up to 3rd going round the first bend towards the chicane. Everyone then voted a restart, so I slammed Jonesey ;):p

Back to 7th again and I managed to execute the exact same start, and was again in 3rd by the chicane. I managed to get a better exit and by the next turn (if I recall correctly) I was in first with a bit of a gap to Jonesey.
    Then by lap 4 I was in 7th again.

I was making some decent times overall, but 2 spin outs and lots of gravel time basically set me over a minute behind by the end of he race. I'm just glad I didn't ruin anyone's race.

Enjoyed being back out there though!
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB likes this.
  9. LennonLegend1993

Also, who likes making videos of the race? If no one else wants to im happy to pick it back up again.
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB and Matthyus like this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the more videos, the better :)
  11. LennonLegend1993

As discussed last night, POV HD it is.
    Hatfield likes this.
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I normally do one, but with taking up the mantle of Stats man, might mean my time is stretched a little too thin. Still, I'll likely do one of that race to at least capture that damn bollard that ruined my chances of battling for first!!
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    fyi we have 1 protest to sort out in div1
  14. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I understand. I know this will take some time to sort out and might delay the stat roll out. Being new to stats, this might take me a bit to work out, but hopefully the results are posted this morning so that I can do them this arvo at work :)
  15. Green Terror

Green Terror New Recruit

Remind me to buy that bollard a drink
  16. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    It deserves a kick up the re....Hang on :)
    Easyprey007 and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  17. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Kicking myself after that...

In the practise leading up to qually, I had lost a half second or so from the previous practising I had been doing, and everyone else seems to have been lapping much better! I had thought I would be front running with Johnno...the price of complacency...though hadn't seem everyones times in this car so was not sure.

Got away to a good start...but then thinking someone was stuck on grid (was only false start delay?) we restarted

Got a good start with a jump on @Green Terror, rubbing shoulders with him and Johnno trying not to be too argy bargy...and coming out for the better to lead into the first corner. With the lead into the chicane, I thought I would go in slow, so I could come out fast...but got rear ended by @Matthyus ...who I found promptly redressed, though as I didn't know who bumped me, I didn't even realise it was redressed at the time! Sorry if you mentioned it in chat and I didn't even hear it...my mind was on the car... so it back to 3rd? 4th? for me. I had some good laps after that, thinking I could chase down @scottb721, still wondering if I would end up with a 1 stop or 2 stopp RSS, both seeming viable in practise.

Lap 7, it came half unstuck...and got worse from there. Right before the first chicane, for the 5th time in 6 months, my T300 wheel pressed the PS button for me. Common issue for them, just needs a tightening of the locking screw I have read. Gotta get around to that. Has never happened in a race before, and is already finger tight. Figure I will undo everything and retighten them all. Also I didn't put it away after last practise session, and Kylies parents stayed over, so Kylie moved my wheel out of the way...my fault for not putting away but wondering if that contributed. So while all of that was running through my head, all I usually need to do is press "X" to continue into the game. This time, it pressed share as well, so was waiting to capture a screenshot. So two buttons and I was back in. To find myself coming out of the chicane. Almost seemed OK, except when I got back on the power I must have been not quite straight, and it spun. A slow recovery didn't help, and ended up in 8th, @robin edwards overtaking me before ascari after the end of the video. I started to get back into the swing of things, but maybe the extra wear from the spin, or some controller/ lag issue/ imp of the peverse caused me to spin again on entry to that chicane again. I had been catching @Easyprey007 and @LennonLegend1993, but was not to be. As Easy did a 1 stop, I knew I needed some flyers to catch him while his tyres were bad, and I was catching Lennon quick, though I think some of that were from his mistakes, not just poor tyres, as the gap dropped suddenly from 8 to 6 and to 3 seconds. I was catching Lennon at half a second per lap for a while, and with a few laps left I thought I better push the braking on the chicane , but binned it, and watched the gap go from 3 to 6 again. Caught up a bit again by the end, nice to be chasing something, but was hard to get back into the flow after a few spins. My mentality going in to the race was that all I have to do was not crash...ah well.

Next week will be better!

These snippets are :
    Lap 7 - What my car was doing while I was fumbling to rejoin race.
    My being cautious around RAE that gave Lennon a chance to overtake me - seemed like I was getting shoved out of the way at the time...I was thinking more about where RAE was going than defending Lennon.
  18. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    The only way I found to fix that problem was to buy a new wheel @Tristan Jones.
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Pre Race
    With all the practise that Jonesy had done in this car and track, I had him pegged as the person to beat. I couldn't even come close to his times.
    I mentioned to the missus that this season could be one where I could very well be in the mix for a solid podium finish so she said, do some extra practice and make Jonesy work for it. So I did. To be honest though, my wife enables my gaming habit so I don't really need her permission :)
    Managed to get additional prac in and got to a solid 1.21.1. Felt good. Confident.
    Pre Race Prac
    Was able to hit the 1.21 regularly. Still good.
    Then everyone else started to roll in and then the times people started to pull were better than mine. To be honest though, my Qual times have always been crap, but All of a sudden my low fuel good tyre time got blown out of the water by @Green Terror . And this was Qual time!!
    Someone to watch for sure!!
    Qual
    Qual lead swapped several times, with Green Terror taking pole with a commanding lead. However the top 6 were only .5 behind him, so quite close for the lowest division. I managed a 4th, which I was very happy with.
    RACE
    Got a pretty good start, assisted by a slight bump by @scottb721 - Cheers mate.
    We ran 3 deep into the first corner, that was something else on the replay!!!
    Into P2 and I had a brain fade and missed my braking marker and rammed into the back of @Tristan Jones
    I felt dreadful for this as I'm really careful on the first corner...
    Promptly redressed and fell to 6th.
    From here it was a time to settle down and begin to slot in some laps and make back some positions.
    With the aid of racers offs and some clean racing, I got back to 4th.
    Using the 2 pit strategy, I pitted on 11 and came out in 5th, just behind @fezza
    Got past him pretty quickly on fresh tyres and made really quick work to claw my way back to 3rd just behind Nemo.
    As he was pitting on lap 16, he kind of let me by :)
    Into 2nd I go!!
    With still fresh tyres I make up some solid ground to Green.
    He pits on 17 and I take first, giving myself a nice 12s buffer.
    Knowing that I have to pit around 22 - 23, I race clean and fast to keep the buffer and actually make up some time, stretching it to 14s by the time I pit on 23.
    I exit 6s behind and set about reeling him in.
    I stuff up on lap 26 and run wide on the exit of the chicane and the gap widens to 13s.
    At this point, I had 2 choices.
    1. Drive clean and safe and hold my position, or
    2. Drive like a bat out of hell and reel him in.
    I chose the latter!!
    During this time, I hit my first ever FL!!
    Funnily enough Nemo hit the same time a lap later
    I then break my own FL again!! - With a PB of 1.20.975!!
    However that slight mistake on lap 26 was the nail in the coffin as I couldn't quite catch Green in time, crossing the line 2s behind him.

Kudos to @Green Terror , me :) and @fezza for the Win and podium finish!!

This car can be unforgiving, but don't let that distract from the awesome fun that can be had from driving it hard. It might be hard to find the time to practice, but it will be worth it.

Looking towards to next week, I would like to ask that we clean up on 1 thing.
    Blue Flags / Back markers.
    Most of us have done at least a season or have done some sort of online racing before. Please be mindful of those around you. If you use a view without a rear view, regularly check the actual rear view camera mode. Please let those lapping you by as soon as possible.

See you all next week at Maggiore!!
  20. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    You're welcome :D:D
    Matthyus likes this.